Red Bull heir Vorayuth asked to come clean by eight of his relatives

webfact

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

The letter is a bit late and rings hollow.  Everytime I chat with somebody that drinks that poison, I mention the hit and run case.   I think everything about the product and the current family is disgusting.    

Don't forget Blend 285

• Like 1

Ask the victims family what they want.  They were paid 3 million baht back then.  That is Thai justice.  

Ask them, 'Would you rather see him go to prison or take the money?'  They will choose the money every time.

• Like 2

Very hard for many Thais to accept this apology as genuine, as they assume the family lobbied hard to get Boss off the hook. It’s not really on to pervert the course of justice and then apologise to people upset about it.
Quote Tweet

Saksith Saiyasombut

@SaksithCNA

The family of the late @redbull co-founder have issued an open letter "apologizing for the anger and grief" that his grandson Vorayuth Voodhiya #บอสอยู่วิทยา has sparked with the controversial decision by Thai officials to drop charges for a deadly 2012 hit and run. twitter.com/thestandardth/…

29 minutes ago, rwill said:

Ask the victims family what they want.  They were paid 3 million baht back then.  That is Thai justice.  

Ask them, 'Would you rather see him go to prison or take the money?'  They will choose the money every time.

Here's another crazy idea. Issue an international warrant for his arrest. Have him sent back to Thailand for trial. Absolutely throw the book at and him and make him pay a huge amount of compensation to the family of the bereaved.

Going to prison and paying compensation aren't mutually exclusive. The deal shouldn't be brokered by a corrupt police force who are just looking for their cut. People with no real standing shouldn't be forced to accept something or nothing. A competent judge/s should be calculating based on the circumstances of each case how much money should be paid. All money going to the victim's family and zero to a third party.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

The majority of Thai's don't even care or aren't even interested in this case, they are more preoccupied with getting on with life during COVID19.  Ask any thai walking along the street and it's likely he will say ' i don't care '  not my problem ' .

As for this letter, it's a PR stunt ... simply that.  Made up to look like the relatives are concerned. 

It's nothing to do with Red Bull being affected, the relatives or the company aren't affected as they still live hi-so comfortable lives. It's simply a PR stunt. 

You are correct.  It is difficult to care about justice when you are living off crumbs.  That's the idea.   Give the masses other worries, so the government does not get hassled.  But there is a boisterous group of Thais that do care.  Some of them are as young as 14 if stories in the media are to be believed.  cha cha knows that.  It does not take that many disgruntle Thais to make his life uncomfortable.   History has shown this.    

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Susco said:

Yes I'm sure they're feeling the impact of those 3 cans TV members haven't bought this month

Red Bull has officially distanced themselves from the Red Bull rat and his family. Red Bull is a huge company who makes a lot of profit, and I'm sure this case will make little difference to their bottom line. But at the end of the day, businesses don't run merely to make a profit. Companies like red bull run to make maximum profit. As much as they possibly can.

The fact Red Bull felt the need to do this is a huge loss of face to the Yoovidhya family. Never underestimate the importance of face. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

If red bull gives you wings Steve McQueen would have been downing a crate of it before he tried that jump!

And then fleeing to Switzerland PDQ to avoid being charged with flattening a Panzer tank.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Here's another crazy idea. Issue an international warrant for his arrest. Have him sent back to Thailand for trial. Absolutely throw the book at and him and make him pay a huge amount of compensation to the family of the bereaved.

Going to prison and paying compensation aren't mutually exclusive. The deal shouldn't be brokered by a corrupt police force who are just looking for their cut. People with no real standing shouldn't be forced to accept something or nothing. A competent judge/s should be calculating based on the circumstances of each case how much money should be paid. All money going to the victim's family and zero to a third party.

Are you confusing competency with honesty?  I think one can be highly competent and still make bad decisions that maybe based on incorrect information or outright lies.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rwill said:

I always thought that 3 million was a <deleted> insult, that will have gone bye now 

Indeed, many a good opinion already stated here. These include 'Why didn't they write this letter years ago?' and 'Things will never change.' However, unlike some families, businesses and groups of people in Thailand who always escape, I feel that this might just proceed a bit further. The Red Bull product is world famous, and so is this news. All we need to happen is the culprit to come to face the system, and be punished. That will go a long way to improving everyone's confidence in the country, both inside and out.

13 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Are you confusing competency with honesty?  I think one can be highly competent and still make bad decisions that maybe based on incorrect information or outright lies.  

I think if you're making bad decisions it would typically mean you're not competent.  

• Like 1

I haven't waded through the whole thread. but it does seem possible that the shame that he brought on the family, compounded by their silence to date, is at last having some effect.  In a previous thread I suggested a boycott of Red Bull products and events, but others felt it would be useless.  The association of Red Bull with "spoilt cowardly fugitive killer" is indeed powerful and will probably hang over the family and brand for many years to come.  Better to try to lessen the damage now in a public way and let justice be seen to be served, I think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just a load of cods wallop, they claim never to have discussed the case ha, ha ha.

????

come on Colin, you can do better than cods wallop,  how about porky pies, load of rubbish, nonsense, tall-one, put one over, hoodwink etc - of course you could use real language , but that's not accepted by the puritans  ????  

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just a load of cods wallop, they claim never to have discussed the case ha, ha ha.

????

Of note:

--the kid's parents and immediate siblings aren't among the signers of the letter.

--no mention of payments being made or not made.

--no apology for the death of the officer itself, which is what the whole case is about.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

The best way to make your feelings known is to stop buying products made by the company for my part I have stopped purchasing RedBull and have switched to another energy drink.

I've never touched a single can in my life.... overrated tin of sh*t full of rubbish.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

The majority of Thai's don't even care or aren't even interested in this case, they are more preoccupied with getting on with life during COVID19. 

My Thai wife, who rarely pays close attention to Thailand news, has been coming home from work every night this week and stayed glued to the TV re Red Bull news and reporting. And her interest in it has absolutely nothing to do with me. So I'll take issue with your comment that average Thais don't care.

• Like 2