Thailand urged to use US-China battle to its advantage

webfact

given the well known outstanding strategic thinking of the government, this is sure to end very well.

my bet is that both the us and china end up ticked-off at thailand...

which of course, was totally unexpected

Edited by poskat
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, yellowboat said:

First do not call and electric motor an engine.   Second, the Chinese are not going to let you in.  Third, China has 450 electric car companies.   Thailand will be buying from China.   Just ask Jack Ma. 

engine

noun
en·gine | \ ˈen-jən  \

Definition of engine

(Entry 1 of 2)

1: a machine for converting any of various forms of energy into mechanical force and motion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine

An engine or motor is a machine designed to convert one form of energy into mechanical energy.[1][2] Heat engines, like the internal combustion engine, burn a fuel to create heat which is then used to do work. Electric motors convert electrical energy into mechanical motion, pneumatic motors use compressed air, and clockwork motors in wind-up toys use elastic energy.

So why should he not call an electric motor an engine? When both the dictionary and wikipedia define a electric motor as an engine? 
It's not a combustion engine, but as far as I know noone is calling electric motor's combustion engines. 

Edited by GeoMill
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, yellowboat said:

First do not call and electric motor an engine.   Second, the Chinese are not going to let you in.  Third, China has 450 electric car companies.   Thailand will be buying from China.   Just ask Jack Ma. 

Jack Ma is nothing but a slimy communist with his head up XI's corn hole. If Thailand thinks they can control China as outsmart and trust XI or Jack Ma(h), then they have a big slap to the regime's face coming. . 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, webfact said:

“Thailand should quickly issue laws to accommodate industry changes that help reduce pollution, especially PM2.5 particles in the air. Electric vehicles will play a key role in solving such problems.

It's a band-aide on a bullet wound.  EV looks clean.  And it's marketed to make consumers feel good about themselves.  But the process of creating EV and it's fuel (electricity) is just as polluting as fossil fuels.  Until fusion reactors come online commercially in the (distant) future EV is a zero-sum game from an environmental perspective. 
But for those who are susceptible to propaganda, errr, marketing (most plebs) consumers will simply pat themselves on the back for being eco-friendly consumers. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, webfact said:

a great opportunity for Thailand to accelerate the development of the electric vehicle (EV) industry so it can meet the needs of the Chinese market.

He must have been drunk when he said this.

• Like 1

It will also help Thailand not lose the opportunity of entering the Chinese

Wishful thinking, but I think China 'entering' Thighland (in an unpolite fashion - i.e. bent over) will be how it will roll.

Edited by daveAustin

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Good luck with that, I don't know of any country that has 'gotten over' on China. Those guys are sharp.

They have been shafted through the ages. The current regime's conniving, xenophobic deceitfulness may appear to make them seem impenetrable, when in reality they are scared of their own shadow... i.e. their own people.