Horrifying scene as owner ‘forgets’ dog is tied to car

snoop1130

Horrifying scene as owner ‘forgets’ dog is tied to car

By The Nation

800_8acee38648fcbd9.jpg

Animal rights group Watchdog Thailand (WDT) has received a horrifying video from a Si Sa Ket resident who managed to record footage of a dog being dragged behind a moving car.

The 40-second clip was uploaded at 10.30am today and quickly drew the attention of animal lovers, who were appalled by the scene.

The clip shows the apparently lifeless dog being dragged by a rope attached to a car in Kantharalak district, Si Sa Ket province.

Watchdog Thailand suspects that the owner might have forgotten the dog was tethered to the car and drove off without noticing, as a similar incident was reported recently.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393145?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-18

• Sad 9
  • Haha 1

I remember years back where a man threw a rope over the top of his house to do some work on the other side. Tied the rope to the bumper of his car and the other end around his body when he got on the roof. It took 3 blocks to stop his wife on the way to the store.. After reading that I have always been more careful what I tie anything to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was in the morning news in TV.

It was a monk driving his new dog home to the tempel and because the luggage compartment was small he did not close the back door and the dog jumped out which he did not see.

• Sad 2

52 minutes ago, perconrad said:

It was a monk driving his new dog home to the tempel and because the luggage compartment was small he did not close the back door and the dog jumped out which he did not see.

The exceptional degree of absolute and utter carelessness and stupidity it outstanding... 

... Some of the news I read (from anywhere) makes me wonder how some people reach a certain age, they are surely not even capable of looking after themselves.

1 hour ago, perconrad said:

Monks are not allowed to drive, hence all are driven to where they want to go.

At least that's the story I was given by my in-laws 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

Monks are not allowed to drive, hence all are driven to where they want to go.

At least that's the story I was given by my in-laws 

They are not allowed to have possessions...  

.... That said, just like all religions there are holes, gaps, modern workarounds etc... Monks in Thailand also commonly have mobile phones !... 

I’ve often though that many monks in Thailand are monks due to a lack of viable alternative, no social welfare, can't going police or army (due to criminal records etc), the become monks just so they can feed themselves. 

Monkhood in itself is some form of social welfare.

Saw this in the south of France 40+ years ago.  Beautiful red setter.  Fortunately they were still on the sand beach road going slow, and saw me and my girl running after them waving and shouting.  The dog was in a state, but stood and got into the car on it's own.  I hope it was OK.

2 hours ago, perconrad said:

I'm guessing with a brain like that he had to drive and pick it up as when asked to post it the post office refused

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The exceptional degree of absolute and utter carelessness and stupidity it outstanding... 

... Some of the news I read (from anywhere) makes me wonder how some people reach a certain age, they are surely not even capable of looking after themselves.

Ive often wondered if some people are just not yet ready for technology.

4 hours ago, Crusader said:

Sorry, but dog owners do not forget their dogs.

Plenty of cases in the west of owners forgetting their own children eg recently a baby capsule left on the roof with baby still in it. 

Strange that dog lovers seem to think everyone loves their dogs which is ridiculous or the pounds would be empty

Well-intentioned monk behind dog’s horrific death

By The Nation

800_240500dfe6d409f.jpg?v=1597819964

The car that dragged a dog to death in Si Sa Ket province turned out to be that of a monk who wanted to adopt the dog and did not realise that the leashed animal had jumped out of the vehicle.

Watchdog Thailand (WDT) posted the horrifying 40-second clip on Tuesday (August 18), which quickly drew the attention of animal lovers.

Police tracked down the car and were led to a monk from Wat Mai Bueng Malu temple who said that he had picked up the dog from Wat Ban Nong Phanaeng temple where he had gone to perform a ritual.

He said he picked up the dog at about 6pm, leashed it but left the door open so it could breathe. However, he did not realise that the animal may get scared and jump out.

Upon reaching his destination about an hour later, the monk realised the dog had died and buried it in his brother’s yard.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393197

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-19

• Sad 2

22 hours ago, OttoPollmann said:

Have I some Déjà-vu.
That's not the first time we see this behavior. I do remember a similar case last year with an old lady who claimed that her dog has died earlier and she just want to pull the corpse for disposal. if I remember right it was also a white sedan, like this one.
Don't tell any porky, I've never seen that anyone leashes his dog in Thailand. All dogs are free to roam around without any restrictions, especial in rural area.
That's some buffalo string used with intention.

Sorry to disappoint but I walk my dogs every morning, On a leash.

On weekends when I take them for a longer walk around Mabrachan lake their is others walking their dogs, on a leash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Ive often wondered if some people are just not yet ready for technology.

I wondered this when I first went to Indonesia. When i realized that the first piece of technology the 40 year old foreman's dad saw was probably planed lumber.

• Like 1