Couple who pointed guns at protesters tell Republican convention that suburbs in peril

webfact

4 minutes ago, MikeN said:

It has been a few years since I last went to church but I cannot remember anything about that in the Bible...maybe they have a different God to what my parents and the Church of England tried to brainwash me with at Sunday School.

But then, this is Trumpland.

the right to self defense is universal, name me one country in the world

that doesnt give that basic right

1 hour ago, john2147 said:

The article left out the part where the mob broke down a gate to their PRIVATE property and proceeded to taunt and threaten them.

Biden has been in government for around 40-50 years and he is a millionaire now.............I wonder how he did that?

How about taking the time to think and research documentation rather than make unsubstantiated statements like The Donald ...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

If your country demands that you have an armed citizenry ... you have lost any semblance of a society. World citizens take note. This poster states that the only way to preserve the USA is an armed citizenry. Wonder what has brought this need on in a just society?

could happen in the uk soon they reckon we,re a decade behind them in terms of crime,you won,t be able to defend yourself here though,although the right of self defence in enshrined in british common law god help you if you rely on it as a defence in a court of law,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

yes its certainly ironic when you can,t defend yourself.

Yeah right, that’s what happened...

Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who face felony weapons charges for threatening protesters with guns, 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

If your country demands that you have an armed citizenry ... you have lost any semblance of a society. World citizens take note. This poster states that the only way to preserve the USA is an armed citizenry. Wonder what has brought this need on in a just society?

Well there goes Switzerland, Finland, and Sweden.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Well there goes Switzerland, Finland, and Sweden.

Actually, I think you're a little confused about the facts. Only in Switzerland are citizens required to have guns. In Sweden you need to apply for a weapon license. And it's not easy to get one. You need to take a course for a year to qualify.. And you need to keep your weapons locked up when not in use. Rules are similarly strict for Finland.

Edited by rcummings

2 hours ago, scammed said:

the right to self defense is universal, name me one country in the world

that doesnt give that basic right

But the right to own guns & postils  is definitely not universal. In those countries that do allow it, licenses are almost universally required.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingdong said:

thats what happens when you bow or should it be bend a knee to mob rule.

No, that’s what happens when you threaten peaceful protesters exercising their democratic rights with guns. 

maga

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No, that’s what happens when you threaten peaceful protesters exercising their democratic rights with guns. 

maga

so one can assume both you and rookiescot were both present at the time of the incident?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, rcummings said:

Actually, I think you're a little confused about the facts. Only in Switzerland are citizens required to have guns. In Sweden you need to apply for a weapon license. And it's not easy to get one. You need to take a course for a year to qualify.. And you need to keep your weapons locked up when not in use. Rules are similarly strict for Finland.

You're a little confused yourself. Citizens in Switzerland are not required to have guns. The old Cantonal rules where you had to have a gun in order to marry were only regional rules that applied in a certain Canton. Swiss gun law was reformed in 1999 to remove these Canton peculiarities. In addition you can not just walk around with a gun in public in Switzerland, you need a special permit for that where you have to show you have a reasonable need to carry a gun. Otherwise you won't get the permit to carry the gun in public.

In Switzerland too you need a permit to have a gun (though not certain rifles), though admittedly it is extremely easy to get it. However, in Switzerland too, not just Finland or Sweden, does the law require gun owners to have weapons locked up when not in use.

12 hours ago, riclag said:

The way the law is structured in Missouri, a citizen has the right to protect themselves and  property and if they feel  threaten, they can exercise lethal force! 

Why do Americans feel so threatened by fellow Americans? Dont' you trust each other? Are you so divided that you need a gun to protect yourselves? The Indians have retreated to the reserves, but you still feel the need to circle the wagons! Tell me please, what is wrong with you people?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1