Thailand approves new warrant against Red Bull heir over hit-and-run case

snoop1130

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Any warrant is not worth the paper it's written on,they need to get an

Interpol Red Notice issued,that's the only way they have any hope of

bringing him back to Thailand to face justice  (just hope it's not VIP justice)

no bail, no suspended sentences.

regards worgeordie

Be realistic.  That's several years away ...... again.

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Does this not just highlight what a total farce this whole process has been and what incompetent, corrupt fools all those involved really are! Shame on you all! If Thailand's precious IMAGE was EVER at stake, LOOK NO FURTHER THAN HERE!

They are rich fools. Not incompetent fools!

51 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

What exactly do you expect Interpol to do? They don’t have any arresting officers. All they can do is tell the Thai authorities and the local police where he is, if they know, but if he’s in a country that doesn’t have an extradition treaty with Thailand then that’s that. 

I have little doubt your comments are correct. But... If the Thai authorities did put a RED alert on RBB & request international assistance it would go some way to showing they were somewhat serious about getting him back to LOS. What happens if & when they get him back is another story.  Oh...  RBB = Red Bull Boy.

• Like 1

LOL,Because of the disconnect i guess the snouts lining up at the trough have all found out the cash cow is not what they expected it to be ... so <deleted> it....lets prosecute LOL!!!

TCP Group, which owns the Thai Red Bull brand, has previously said it has no direct links with Vorayuth. His late grandfather Chaleo Yoovidhya created the energy drink and his father has part ownership of the international Red Bull brand.

Ok maybe they’re smarter than I thought I think they were probably initially spreading false news stories probably to try and trick him into thinking that it was safe to return to Thailand if so somebody just blew it. 

• Like 1

My grandmother had bowls for breakfast porridge which said on the inside bottom "There's more in the kitchen". 

Well, aren't the envelopes getting bigger and bigger; after all, there is more to be creamed off. 

On a more serious note it clearly shows, that the entire legal system, its interpretation and execution is completely rigged beyond repair. Keep that in mind when doing anything in Thailand which ever might need external legal analysis and arbitration ......... 

• Like 1

Issuing a new warrant is unnecessary.

Under current law just proceed to try him in absentia as was done with Yingluck. The rule of law must be applied consistently with no one above the law. 

(Not that I agree with the practice of applying new laws retroactively as was done with Thailand's trial in absentia law nor with the whole concept of trial in absentia - violation of human rights to defend oneself without fear of intimidation or threats and violation of international law)

Moreso, a new warrant does not change the statue of limitations and 'Boss' can just continue to ignore the warrant, ie., another year? But the government can say 'it checked the box' for prosecution.

An arrest warrant that will go absolutely nowhere--just like all the previous ones.  But...nice that he does once again have an arrest warrant on his head.  Nice that he is a wanted criminal once again.  Nice the story hasn't quietly died like I am sure he hoped it would and his despicable behavior and his face are worldwide news once again.  "Say, aren't you that cop killer I saw on the news the other day?"

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A Thai court on Tuesday issued a new arrest warrant for the heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune over his alleged involvement in a fatal hit-and-run accident in 2012, police said.

So will that be another Interpol red notice, or just an arrest warrant that means nothing overseas.

Waste of time.

Dog/pony show for the masses, even they know it's a sham.

They should just negotiate some sort of agreement, as they did with Preawa. Admit guilt, make another donation or three (but maybe don't actually pay it), pretend to do an hour of "community service" and move along.

Farcical is not a good look for a "legal" system.

Janepob got 2 1/2 ~ 4 years, but pretty sure he's still out on bail? Haven't heard much on that one recently?

12 hours ago, sweatalot said:

too little too late.

What about really involving interpol?

They should get him into a court room and show they are willing to do real justice

by an appropriate sentencing and a real prison stay of full length

Why is it that so many observers still see this whole affair as a farce?

It's no different in the provinces and to less wealthy individuals. A student killed pedestrian, drunk, and was shipped off on an exchange program for two years while his family paid off the police. A drunk teacher drifted into on coming traffic and collided with a motorcyclist, killing her instantly. He and his girlfriend's family paid off the police and quietly left the country soon after. 

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What about warrants for those that tried to fix his speeding, letting him escape and trying to fix it that he was free to come back with nothing to answer for.

I'd also like to see Thailand ask to see evidence of all financial transactions from red bull to him and seizing assets to that amount since he has been 'missing' for the family

Also see the accounts of all those retired police officers, that will be interesting for sure.

Charges should be laid down regardless.