Dutch Mill shrugs off responsibility after drinking yoghurt poisons consumer

webfact

Dutch Mill shrugs off responsibility after drinking yoghurt poisons consumer

By The Nation

800_89d2fec449b19c8.jpg?v=1598426237

A woman who was hospitalised after consuming strange tasting drinking yoghurt said the producers of the beverage were only willing to cover medical bills that were not covered by social security.

On August 19, a Facebook user posted pictures of strange and disgusting looking contents of a carton of Dutch Mill drinking yoghurt and asked for advice.

She had started drinking the yoghurt, but decided to open the carton to check after she found it tasted strange.

The following day, she ended up being hospitalised at the Bangkok Hospital Muangraj in Ratchaburi province with a severe case of food poisoning.

She said she had been vomited until her eyes were bulging and her face had begun to swell. She said her chest hurt and she suffered with diarrhoea for several hours.

On August 22, she posted a photograph of her medical certificate and reported the incident to police.

A Dutch Mill representatives then reportedly came to meet her on Tuesday (August 25) to say the company will only cover medical expenses that go beyond what is covered by social security.

They allegedly said that if she wanted any other compensation, she would have to file a request with the Consumer Protection Board.

Upon learning of these details, netizens responded by saying they were frustrated that such a big company was taking so little responsibility and urged the woman to sue Dutch Mill.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393551

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-26

• Like 2

I would recommend not buying any dairy products by Dutch Mill. I accidentally bought Dutch Mill milk instead of Chokechai a few years ago. From one taste I knew something was wrong. It tasted as if the grass the cows eat was still in the milk.  I poured it out and there were no lumps like that, but something is wrong about their milk. Could it come from simply being made from a powder?  Awful stuff. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Upon learning of these details, netizens responded by saying they were frustrated that such a big company was taking so little responsibility and urged the woman to sue Dutch Mill.

Go on social media, show this photo and urge people to buy an alternative brand.

That usually gets a response.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Has anyone come up with an explanation of what that

is in the yoghurt,and how it got there.

regards Worgeordie

probably not, but who cares, nothing like having a good bitch and trying to screw someone with an unsubstantiated claim - jousting at windmills?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, dimitriv said:

Are they responsible?  It seems everybody here assumes that they are.

Things like this are made in batches. Small change that only 1 bottle is affected.  If they did something wrong thousands of people should have similar complaints.

Probably the expiry date is 1 year in the past. Or a shop didn't keep the bottles refrigerated.

but it's their fault - (Thai thinking)

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

The best way to deal with companies like this is get people to boycott them and get more people to join in through social media to pressure them into taking responsibility . 

Easy to boycott a product I don't use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Has anyone come up with an explanation of what that

is in the yoghurt,and how it got there.

regards Worgeordie

It looks like the innards of a duck-billed platypus, but my bet is on a ton of mould.

• Like 1