Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Just recently bought CBR 150 FI.

Anyone knows why, when i start up the bike, there was some sound (like sound of plane engine) from the fuel tank? And It didn't stop, until i turned off the bike.

Probably the radiator fan. Nothing to worry about.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone knows why, when i start up the bike, there was some sound (like sound of plane engine) from the fuel tank? And It didn't stop, until i turned off the bike.

I guess its the fuel pump. Seems normal. Have this on my CBR150 too.

I'll second this, it is the fuel pump. Mine used to do it, but doesn't now, perhaps they just make that sound when new?

I'll second this, it is the fuel pump. Mine used to do it, but doesn't now, perhaps they just make that sound when new?

Thanks guys, i cross-checked with the Honda Mechanics, and they said, it was the fuel pump. It will go away when you already past KM 500++. The fuel pump still calibrated with the way i drove (wow!).

My fuel consumption has really improved. Whether it is the new Michelin tyres or sticking a 42-tooth sprocket on the back, or the combination, I don't know.

It's up to 38 km/l now.

CBR 150 R Fi

Why you change to 42? I think if you want to have better accleration we should change to 46? CMIIW

Because I wanted to cruise at an indicated 110 - 118 without pushing it over 9,000 revs. Less noise, less vibration, more top end. I still have the acceleration just fine. I am only 10 stone. I just knock it down a gear.

42 sprocket suits me perfectly.

I put some benzene 95 today and my bike started backfiring really bad. Has anyone else had this problem?

No, because according to the manual benzine 95 shouldn't be used with the CBR150R.

Only:

Benzine 91

Gasohol 91 E10

Gasohol 95 E10 E20

I put some benzene 95 today and my bike started backfiring really bad. Has anyone else had this problem?

No, because according to the manual benzine 95 shouldn't be used with the CBR150R.

Only:

Benzine 91

Gasohol 91 E10

Gasohol 95 E10 E20

Yes I know of what the manual suggest I use. I just want to know if anyone else has tried it.

Hard to find benzene 95. Maybe something was lost in translation. Those "pump boys and girls" are very often from Laos or Burma so communication may be less than ideal. I like to watch very carefully what they are putting in my bike. If you can't read Thai :-

red = benzene 91

orange = gasohol 95

dark green = gasohol 91

light green = gasohol E20

blue = diesel

yellow = benzene 95 (if you can find it)

Hard to find benzene 95. Maybe something was lost in translation. Those "pump boys and girls" are very often from Laos or Burma so communication may be less than ideal. I like to watch very carefully what they are putting in my bike. If you can't read Thai :-

red = benzene 91

orange = gasohol 95

dark green = gasohol 91

light green = gasohol E20

blue = diesel

yellow = benzene 95 (if you can find it)

I just tell then I want benzine and they show me the pump. Then I check that the price is about right

42/43 baht for 91

46/47 baht for 95

I also check how much gas was pumped in. Btw the 95 benzine that I pumped went really quick. 2 or 3 days but I did kinda ride a lot on Friday.

46 - 47 baht, that must be benzene 95. Hmm never see it down here in Chonburi.

I was out for a ride today and the traffic was fairly heavy with lots of container trucks as ever. Also some of the potholes in the road are big enough to be very scary. Result is a lot of jolting due to braking and accelerating in the traffic and braking to avoid huge holes in the road.

So, it led me to think I might at some point move on from the leaning forward position of the CBR 150 R i to a more upright street fighter bike. It is the heavy traffic that does me and puts a lot of my weight through my arms and hands. Does anyone else find this?

There's a thread on correct motorcyle riding ergonomics somewhere in the forums. Plenty of useful stuff in that thread if you can find it.

I always have my elbows bent with my forearms almost perpendicular to the road. Very little load on the arms and wrist. It also absorbs the impacts from small potholes an uneven surfaces.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

46 - 47 baht, that must be benzene 95. Hmm never see it down here in Chonburi.

I was out for a ride today and the traffic was fairly heavy with lots of container trucks as ever. Also some of the potholes in the road are big enough to be very scary. Result is a lot of jolting due to braking and accelerating in the traffic and braking to avoid huge holes in the road.

So, it led me to think I might at some point move on from the leaning forward position of the CBR 150 R i to a more upright street fighter bike. It is the heavy traffic that does me and puts a lot of my weight through my arms and hands. Does anyone else find this?

Yea those are prices for benzine.

I found it helps to sit back a little bit and ride will some pressure from your thighs on the tank to support you body wait.

Thanks blackpanda for the idea. I tried that I seem to cut off the blood supply to my testicles followed by pins and needles when I get off the bike. blink.png

I tried Red21's idea today but at 5 foot 5, it ain't doable for me.

At some point I am going to change to a street fighter or similar design. I think I am decided.

Thanks blackpanda for the idea. I tried that I seem to cut off the blood supply to my testicles followed by pins and needles when I get off the bike. blink.png

I tried Red21's idea today but at 5 foot 5, it ain't doable for me.

At some point I am going to change to a street fighter or similar design. I think I am decided.

Well that sucks, wouldn't want you to get a hernia. Maybe you might want to try the MSX 125.

Without wishing to sidetrack this thread but over 20 years ago I had one of these and it was very comfortable.

Kawasaki-GPZ500S-1991.jpg

I want something like that.

But my CBR 150 R i is fine for me on the open road.

The CBR 150R FI is great bike for driving in bankok traffic, once you get used to it. I really haven't had any problems get through traffic here. I guess it's all about how well you can read the traffic and how brave you can be to push it while lane splitting.

I did 10 years of Bangkok driving every day covering the city. This was on a Sonic. Nowadays I no longer live in Bangkok. For me, the Sonic was and still is preferable in stop-start, weaving through the traffic situations. The CBR 150 R i is wider, has a considerably larger turning circle and its harder engine braking and acceleration coupled with the "racing" position makes it more tiring to ride in prolonged heavy traffic i.e. Bangkok.

Today, I'm heading out to Korat, about 300 km, on the CBR. Screw the Sonic for that! wink.png (Though I have done it in the past.)

I get it's all about personal preferences and body size, flexibility and shape, etc.

I've tested the sonic but I can't keep it from turning off on me in slow speeds. The sonic I was testing might have had something wrong with it.

I've drive the old CBR 150 into the city one time while Honda had my bike for service. The old CBR 150 feels like I'm riding a bicycle. I can fit in between cars that are almost touching each other.

I wonder how many muscles are used while you ride a motorcycle. Which muscles would be best to strengthen?

Edited by blackpanda

new handle bars and or raising kit might do the job cheaply without having to change bike

i dont particularly get much comfort from the lean angle on my ninja 650r but my versys feels perfect for my size and style of riding and they are quite similar bikes with slightly differnt ergonomics,characteristics ,rider positioning etc

of course in a race from bkk to phuket and back the ninja would blow the versys away precisely because of its low down tucked in riding position and the versys would be suffering from major drag with a big farang sat upright on it slowing it down like a parachute behind a drag racing car (me ) smile.png

i dont race at top end speeds anyway so the versys is the more comfortable and suitable bike for me at the moment until something cooler comes along ...

at a reasonable price (in thailand ) cheesy.gif

Edited by YipYipYa123

Hi guys (and girls, if there are any), I have an old carb'd cbr 150 which, as you will all know, should be run on benzene... However, since benzene is now impossible to find, what are my options?

Can I get a conversion kit? If so, how much/difficult/where from?

Hi guys (and girls, if there are any), I have an old carb'd cbr 150 which, as you will all know, should be run on benzene... However, since benzene is now impossible to find, what are my options?

Can I get a conversion kit? If so, how much/difficult/where from?

If you really need to use benzine then just use 95.