Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

BigWing opened last year.

The CBR 500 is only sold at BigWing

And the 300cc scooter is the Forza, sold at any Honda dealer.

Honda BigWing has already caught up with all or most of the pre orders of the new CBR.

I ordered my bike in January and BigWing told me the end of April. When I went to BMF they told me march. Then they posted on there website at the end of February that all the bikes on the list have already been sorted out. I'm guessing soon there won't even be a list.

Bingo with your CBR 150 did you buy the old carb model or the new FI?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bingo,

You are talking nonsense man, i am sorry. You disrespect and judge people and provide wrong and crappy information, why do not you spend your valuable time somewhere else?

Thai people do not user rear brakes, accidents at every light in Bangkok, tire losing more grip bc of more stopping power? what are you saying man?

You just mislead people here actually, nobody is stupid to trust what you are saying i am surelaugh.png

The majority of the weight of a bike is on the front wheel, 80% of stopping power is on front wheel, if you drive a wave in heavy rain and you brake heavily on the rear the rear wheel won't grip anything and will just aquaplane. So lets add more stopping power to that rear wheel so we can loose grip and aquaplane even more! That's what i'm saying "man"

Understand how bikes work now "man"?

I'm not saying you are ignorant but I am saying you know a lot of things that aren't true. You write as if you know more than all of the posters who have tried to inform you. I've been riding bikes longer than you have been alive. How did you manage to learn more about bikes than the rest of us during your short life?

Edited by rametindallas

Take your pick ....

1) Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

2) Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.

3) Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

BigWing opened last year.

The CBR 500 is only sold at BigWing

And the 300cc scooter is the Forza, sold at any Honda dealer.

Honda BigWing has already caught up with all or most of the pre orders of the new CBR.

I ordered my bike in January and BigWing told me the end of April. When I went to BMF they told me march. Then they posted on there website at the end of February that all the bikes on the list have already been sorted out. I'm guessing soon there won't even be a list.

Bingo with your CBR 150 did you buy the old carb model or the new FI?

I see, thanks.

It's last years model, so it's the FI.

The problems that you describe with the bike seem kinda odd and may just be in your self-conceits. Or maybe your have fabricated your opinions on things you have read or watched.

You can drive my bike if you like, speed bump, clack clack, low revs clack clack, hard turn, clack clack metallic chain noise.

Then I go onto this thread and someone says "you can tell a CBR 150 is coming by it's distinctiveness chain noise" . Then i do a little more digging, and I'm reading most people need to replace the chain after 10k and it's a thai made chain unlike the 250.

I think it's safe to say, they skimped on the chain and sprocket build quality on the 150. The brakes are also not what you would expect looking at it, if I'm whipping in between cars in bkk traffic around 6km rpm, maybe 70-80km/h and need to brake heavily if I don't start dropping gears asap i'm not going to stop in time if a bus is in my way. I tend to drive at 7-9km rpm and use a lot of engine braking rather than jumping hard on the brakes because i'm uncomfortable hammering the brakes that hard on a motorbike, i'm just not use to poor braking on a big bike To get any power you have to cruise at that RPM anyway and 2 up (my 70kg brother) it still lacks power and braking big time. It's probably not the most comfortable for him and pretty jerky using all that engine braking but it's gotta be done as the brakes are simply lacking.

However, I've stomped and grabbed the brakes a few times, been caught off guard looking at pussy oops and zero loss of traction, pretty impressive grip.

Oh and i'm pretty sure you can agree with lack of braking power since last week ... lol

Edited by Bingo66

I usually never ride 2 up but I have and you can feel the lack of power. Just drop a gear and you will be fine. I wouldn't say the braking is horrible but it's not great, riding 2 up even worse.

Riding by your self is better and you can have a lot more fun!! Maybe you brother should just get his own bike. Or you could do some modifications to make the bike lighter, the stock exhaust wights like 10Kg.

I usually never ride 2 up but I have and you can feel the lack of power. Just drop a gear and you will be fine. I wouldn't say the braking is horrible but it's not great, riding 2 up even worse.

Riding by your self is better and you can have a lot more fun!! Maybe you brother should just get his own bike. Or you could do some modifications to make the bike lighter, the stock exhaust wights like 10Kg.

I'm like 95kg and brother is 70 something, it's murder and I don't think that's a good idea, I let him practice on nouvo after New Years. Ge was doing a u turn outside my house, pulled the throttle, went straight across the street into my nabiours gate, fell down and left skid marks on his driveway.

Was pretty funny, but that's the end of bike riding for him in BKK lol.

I always thought those cbr150's used were a good deal/alternative for someone

looking at a Wave125

The Waves are not cheap & we paid 57,000

Folks can many times get a good condition slightly used cbr150 for less & get the better wheels/suspension/brakes etc.

The only drawback of course being you loose the underseat storage which is very handy for helmet

or groceries when using the bike for store runs etc.

I have never rode one but I do see all the Thai money collectors riding them with two guys on-board.

Thai's of course tend to be smaller/lighter but they never seem to be struggling for power.

Here is a new picture of my CBRImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1363007608.318670.jpg

I'm really happy with the way it came out.

Looks good ...how come the switch from blue to white?

post-140969-13630192505654_thumb.jpg

I had a motorcycle accident about 2 weeks ago and I couldn't get the parts in the same color on time before my trip to America on Thursday. So I decided to just buy all new fairing in the stock color.

Took the CBR to Hua Hin on Sunday, back to BKK today, did around 600km and 125-130km/h (top speed with brother on) all the way back.

It ha impressed me, cool little 150.

Your brave

Did you drive straight to Hua Hin or did you take the side streets with the twisties? (Mua). I'm not sure of the name of the road

post-140969-13631578337171_thumb.jpg

looking at a Wave125

Folks can many times get a good condition slightly used cbr150 for less & get the better wheels/suspension/brakes etc.

The only drawback of course being you loose the underseat storage which is very handy for helmet

I have never rode one but I do see all the Thai money collectors riding them with two guys on-board.

Thai's of course tend to be smaller/lighter but they never seem to be struggling for power.

If you move up from a Honda 125i like I did you feel like on a race bike - twice the power, twice the acceleration, more than twive the the fun!

New Waves are not cheap, I'm trying to sell my '11 CBR150R with less than 5000km on the clock for 59,000 baht but no takers.

looking at a Wave125

If you move up from a Honda 125i like I did you feel like on a race bike - twice the power, twice the acceleration, more than twive the the fun!

New Waves are not cheap, I'm trying to sell my '11 CBR150R with less than 5000km on the clock for 59,000 baht but no takers.

You and me both but my CBR has over 20k invested in mods and I want 60k for it mine. I don't think I'm going to sell it until I get back from America next month.

Took the CBR to Hua Hin on Sunday, back to BKK today, did around 600km and 125-130km/h (top speed with brother on) all the way back.

Your brave

Did you drive straight to Hua Hin or did you take the side streets with the twisties? (Mua). I'm not sure of the name of the road

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1363157796.749567.jpg

Which do you mean? That map looks like Petchkasem Road in Hua Hin or did you mean Pala-U road?

I went from my home (20minutes north of honda big wing in bkk, near safari world) to Rama 2 road and it took about 1 hour 20 because bikes can't use motorway which sucks!

Then I went from Rama 2 to Hua Hin on Petchkasem Road (route 4) through Samut Sakhon / Samut Songkhram / Ratchaburi / Phetchaburi / Cha-Am and finally Hua Hin without stopping. I mostly drove in middle, the fast lanes / the mini motorway which bikes and trucks are not allowed but people do anyway and I was passing all cars in the middle lane, but stayed out of the outside lane because I couldn't overtake easy at 120km/h lol. Took about 2 hours from rama 2 on the way there and 1hr 30 on way back, I didn't let it drop below 100 - 110km/h on the way back the whole time and it was pretty fun.

The trip can only be done safely in the daylight though, that road has deadly pot holes and there is a few nasty bends you don't wanna hit at high speed that you're not fimilar with. I was doing a few tests and because it was 2 up, I would only change to 6th at like 105km/h, and 5th at around 90, which worked fine, plenty of power at high revs and you need that engine to scream to be able to brake safely. The brakes are worthless below like 7k rpm, takes you all year to drop speed but if you don't ride the clutch when you brake and cycle through gears at high rpm it will stop pretty quickly.

I had a great time and would do it again, would love to do it on a CBR 500 and see what kinda time I can get, it's a shame I live far in NE BKK and not SW. The trip to rama 2 always sucks balls.

Edited by Bingo66

I did that road many times with different cbrs ranging from 150 to 500 cc. I m lucky though as i am living close to rama 2 road.it takes a full 1.5 hours from my door to hua hin with cbr500, 1 hour 45 minutes with cbr250 and nearly 2 hours with a stop for petrol with cbr150.

I rode it day and night no problems and always on the road marks between middle and fast lanes.

Best time to do that road - and any road in Thailand - is between 11.30 to 13.30 where all trucks, cars and most important policemen stop for lunch:lol:

Not a pleasant road though all flat unless you create your own curves between cars through fast to slow lanes:lol:

I like to tour and i am going to kaeng krachan track this weekend first time in my life:D

I did that road many times with different cbrs ranging from 150 to 500 cc. I m lucky though as i am living close to rama 2 road.it takes a full 1.5 hours from my door to hua hin with cbr500, 1 hour 45 minutes with cbr250 and nearly 2 hours with a stop for petrol with cbr150. I rode it day and night no problems and always on the road marks between middle and fast lanes. Best time to do that road - and any road in Thailand - is between 11.30 to 13.30 where all trucks, cars and most important policemen stop for lunch:lol: Not a pleasant road though all flat unless you create your own curves between cars through fast to slow lanes:lol: I like to tour and i am going to kaeng krachan track this weekend first time in my life:D

I envy you, I was looking at houses in rama 2 and suk sawat last year when I moved from Lad Phrao, but I decided on here, as furthest away from there as possible. Then I decide I will go to hua hin every week (I use to live there)

1hour 25 minutes to get to rama 2 at least ...... sick.gif

I did it on about 200 baht, topped up 200 in hua hin close to the airport and then 100 right next to honda big wing on ram intra. I cained the bike and was quite heavy with 2 of us, crazy economy on this bike. Ever since I hit a pot hole in the dark just outside bang na coming in from Chonburi and got air and nearly went under a lorry I don't do tours in dark anymore. I like the morning, just when the sun comes out (so it aint freezing) I came from HH at 7am this morning and it was dead out there, was a great maxed out ride till Samut Songkhram and Sakhon.

Another great ride is south of hua hin to Pranburi, Sam Roi Yot and P Kiri Khan.

Yes, morning rides are relaxed here. But i hate waking up early in the morning! I like to ride hua hin on weekends. Better than dirty pattaya. My next long trip is to

Yes, morning rides are relaxed here. But i hate waking up early in the morning! I like to ride hua hin on weekends. Better than dirty pattaya. My next long trip is to songklaburi!

Yea same, I just happen to leave early because I heard my dad was planning on visiting me haha.

Sangkhlaburi in Kanchanaburi? I've heard of the kaeng krachan track but never been, seen pics and not only is is twisties, it's down hill twisties! Serious track, would need a frame slider fitted and some serious leathers and leave the brother at home lol. CBR 150 would be good for that, handles like a dream and if you drop it, it's not the end of the world.

What are you doing btw? Track day? Special course? How much?

Edited by Bingo66

This weekend going to kaeng krachan track for a two day track training session. Doing first time and good price. People organizing it look reliable too. Have time this weekend fortunately.

The other week songklaburi. One and a half day trip. I like the twisties there and waterfalls moreover boat houses for rent in the middle of the dam lake with a couple of girls and booze:D

Been there some time and ride it once with my old cbr150. Great fun ride that close to bangkok!

Edited by loserlazer

This weekend going to kaeng krachan track for a two day track training session. Doing first time and good price. People organizing it look reliable too. Have time this weekend fortunately. The other week songklaburi. One and a half day trip. I like the twisties there and waterfalls moreover boat houses for rent in the middle of the dam lake with a couple of girls and booze:D Been there some time and ride it once with my old cbr150. Great fun ride that close to bangkok!

That must be the Superbike Magazine deal I read about.

Sounds like fun & I am sure you will have a blast.

Report back with some pics wink.png

This weekend going to kaeng krachan track for a two day track training session. Doing first time and good price. People organizing it look reliable too. Have time this weekend fortunately. The other week songklaburi. One and a half day trip. I like the twisties there and waterfalls moreover boat houses for rent in the middle of the dam lake with a couple of girls and booze:D Been there some time and ride it once with my old cbr150. Great fun ride that close to bangkok!

That must be the Superbike Magazine deal I read about.

Sounds like fun & I am sure you will have a blast.

Report back with some pics wink.png

yes mania, it is the superbike magazine deal. I had pirellis like you, i got a 20 percent discount! as Pirelli is the sponsor of the event with the magazine.

I am not a track monster so want to learn more as for me to reach Kaeng Krachan takes around one hour from my door and i can go there some weekends to relax.

They offer free good photography for teh attendants!

http://www.superbikemag.com/trackdays/TrackDay-1st-Day-.html

i am excited man.

yes mania, it is the superbike magazine deal. I had pirellis like you, i got a 20 percent discount! as Pirelli is the sponsor of the event with the magazine.

I am not a track monster so want to learn more as for me to reach Kaeng Krachan takes around one hour from my door and i can go there some weekends to relax.

i am excited man.

Yes & you should be excited.

A track is a very fun place regardless of bike type.

There you can test the limits of the bike & yourself relatively safely.

I wish I were close to a track.

Hey maybe you will get a free Pirelli hat wink.png

I did not know you put Pirellis on the 500

Did you get Rosso II's?

Have fun & let us know how it goes

Edited by mania

Your brave

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1363157796.749567.jpg

Which do you mean? That map looks like Petchkasem Road in Hua Hin or did you mean Pala-U road?

I went from my home (20minutes north of honda big wing in bkk, near safari world) to Rama 2 road and it took about 1 hour 20 because bikes can't use motorway which sucks!

Then I went from Rama 2 to Hua Hin on Petchkasem Road (route 4) through Samut Sakhon / Samut Songkhram / Ratchaburi / Phetchaburi / Cha-Am and finally Hua Hin without stopping. I mostly drove in middle, the fast lanes / the mini motorway which bikes and trucks are not allowed but people do anyway and I was passing all cars in the middle lane, but stayed out of the outside lane because I couldn't overtake easy at 120km/h lol. Took about 2 hours from rama 2 on the way there and 1hr 30 on way back, I didn't let it drop below 100 - 110km/h on the way back the whole time and it was pretty fun.

The trip can only be done safely in the daylight though, that road has deadly pot holes and there is a few nasty bends you don't wanna hit at high speed that you're not fimilar with. I was doing a few tests and because it was 2 up, I would only change to 6th at like 105km/h, and 5th at around 90, which worked fine, plenty of power at high revs and you need that engine to scream to be able to brake safely. The brakes are worthless below like 7k rpm, takes you all year to drop speed but if you don't ride the clutch when you brake and cycle through gears at high rpm it will stop pretty quickly.

I had a great time and would do it again, would love to do it on a CBR 500 and see what kinda time I can get, it's a shame I live far in NE BKK and not SW. The trip to rama 2 always sucks balls.

Your 150 has six gears?

i am excited man.

Yes & you should be excited.

A track is a very fun place regardless of bike type.

There you can test the limits of the bike & yourself relatively safely.

I wish I were close to a track.

Hey maybe you will get a free Pirelli hat wink.png

I did not know you put Pirellis on the 500

Did you get Rosso II's?

Have fun & let us know how it goes

I really want to learn more on riding on a track. I am riding on streets for 24 years but never on a proper track. there will be even a race at the end of each day to test everything that i get from there. And, i recommend everyone with a new big bike to be on a track at least one to learn the limits of the bike.

last weeks session on Honda Training Track was great for that for example as even though i know bikes, every bike has its own limits to learn.

No tracks around Chiang Mai? Man, roads up North are all like tracksbiggrin.png so you do not need a track that much i guess. love to drive there.

yes, i am sure i can get a pirelli hat.

I still use the stick Dunlop Sportmax on my cbr500r. They provide feedback and they are sticky enough so it is not that meaningful to change them right away but if have IRCs as stock , yes definitely i change it now

10k km come and i will go for rosso2 hundred percent.