What stresses you in Thailand?

50 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Yinn's real name is probably Robert Smith, 69, from Hemel Hempstead. 3 kids, divorced, lives alone. Hasn't had an erection since Maggie was in office, hence the vitriol towards anyone who likes sex. 

What this Robert Smith?

552AF6DD-1E8C-4587-AD3C-F0F23EDCA49A.jpeg

• Haha 1

Stressed by nothing. Came here to live the dream in carefree retirement only AFTER checking everything out first. Heat? A/C & swimming pool. Immigration? 1 hour per year, wow. 
Neighbour and partner problems? Rent never buy, so move on. 
Whinging farangs? (Yes, many of them). Feel sorry for them. Move on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Stressed by nothing. Came here to live the dream in carefree retirement only AFTER checking everything out first. Heat? A/C & swimming pool. Immigration? 1 hour per year, wow. 
Neighbour and partner problems? Rent never buy, so move on. 
Whinging farangs? (Yes, many of them). Feel sorry for them. Move on. 

+1 but I bought a house to reduce my stress even further. No landlord to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Living in Pattaya and complaining about the bars is like living next to Heathrow and complaining about the aeroplanes.

Or like moving to Bradford and complaining about the smell of curry.

• Like 1

I didn't have many stressors in LOS, other than immigration, the wife

and my ratbag Thai nephew, but those things that annoyed me-

maniac drivers that tried to kill me on the road,

horrid Thai family that wanted my money and never said thank you for the things I did for them,

garbage everywhere,

cars parked both sides of a narrow road so not enough room to drive safely between,

corruption

badly made and designed roads,

rip off songtheaw drivers in Chiang Mai,

farangs that ignored me on purpose,

the horde,

no pavements and pavements covered by signs so I had to walk in the road.

Obviously more than that, but I don't want to write a book.

What annoys me outside LOS is reading posts from farangs that don't like anything about Thailand, but choose to live there, or the ones that want to live like they did back home- what the **** was the point of moving to LOS if one wants to live like back home?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

People that get hung on threads like this, and also the people that creates them just to get to be the first to complain.

If I overlook that bad part of Thailand, then there is absolutely nothing that can stress me. Actually not a part of Thailand, but just something that people in this forum uses to get their complaint fix for the day.

Edited by Matzzon

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

If I overlook that bad part of Thailand, then there is absolutely nothing that can stress me. 

That's a good attitude to have. I've been married several years now, if only there was a way I could have a more secure future here without coughing up 500-2000k baht, then I would be a lot more relaxed.

1 minute ago, SteveK said:

That's a good attitude to have. I've been married several years now, if only there was a way I could have a more secure future here without coughing up 500-2000k baht, then I would be a lot more relaxed.

Get a grip. Classic self induced stress. No one has threatened to make you leave Thailand. People (some on this forum) have been getting annual extensions for 30 years or more. Why stress about something that will probably never happen?

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Get a grip. Classic self induced stress. No one has threatened to make you leave Thailand. People (some on this forum) have been getting annual extensions for 30 years or more. Why stress about something that will probably never happen?

You're right, I've always been a stresshead. But those visits to immigration are just a bit unsettling.

9 minutes ago, SteveK said:

What are you paying 500k-2000k baht for? Are you talking about health insurance and money for show?

3 minutes ago, SteveK said:

You're right, I've always been a stresshead. But those visits to immigration are just a bit unsettling.

My technique is to let the wife deal with everything. I just sit there like a nodding dog and smile. Hey presto, I have another extension. In reality, your wife has more to lose than you if you don't get an extension. Let her have the stress.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, polpott said:

My technique is to let the wife deal with everything. I just sit there like a nodding dog and smile. Hey presto, I have another extension. In reality, your wife has more to lose than you if you don't get an extension. Let her have the stress.

Yup, they usually don't want to lower themselves enough to ask me anything anyway, but they do enjoy making me wait for hours because I refuse to offer tea money. If my extension is refused my wife and her immediate family will be in the 5hit big time so I'll get her to take ownership of it next time. Or I will run off to Siem Reap and shack up with a brown skinned beauty.

• Like 1

I live rural, so the usual

The driving

101 kinds of ants

dogs and chickens running a mock

I understand some Thai, but everyone speaks to me in Lao or Korat.

Village announcements so loud and then repeated 3 times to be sure everyone  (can't) hear.

Those--in order--orange biting centipedes, biting snakes, scorpions.

Edited by bunnydrops
typo

Noise. Noise. Noise.

From the wannabe DJ every morning before 6am that nobody listens to anyway.

To the moron opposite who thinks it is ok to turn his front garden in to a metal/wood work factory. banging and cutting and grinding all day long.

Funerals, weddings, monk parties with ear splitting distorted musak for days on end.

Mobile speakers with more noise.

most of the locals are always banging some bit of wood or tin with a hammer.

They seem addicted to noise. They love it. The louder the better as far as they are concerned.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

rip off songtheaw drivers in Chiang Mai,

farangs that ignored me on purpose

Are you wearing a purple T-shirt today ?

Just that some felang walking past me just now said "Good morning " to me 

I begrudgingly said "Good morning" back to him