Would Mitsubishi Triton be a good choise?

PAV123

1 minute ago, Darkside Gray said:

Definatly  the Ranger mines done 250k no problems

Not every Ranger will have a problem, and no ride is 100% fault free, but the likes of Toyota and Isuzu, I reckon, are high up the fault free % scale....????

What I like about Mitsubushi, is their standard safety package is ok for the cheaper models to, and I thought I was only going to use my car for practical reasone due to our farm, but in one year managed to put on 30 000 km on it. So I guess It is ok to drive to, and as said before An economicle car, cheap service and so far good experience with Hua Hin, Chaiyaphum and Petchabun for service. Well trained staff, and service minded. 

If I was willing to spend the money for a brand new car, I would deffinity go for a new Mitsubishi Triton mega cab. Looks good, and you get what you need, for a decent price. 

18 hours ago, Lancashirelad said:

I would much prefer to have the weight, strength and superior, higher, more comfortable driving position of a pickup.

Apart from living in Texas, that's another big plus I discovered when I switched to a pickup. Being able to see the stop lights coming on cars that are over half a mile ahead is a big bonus. In Thailand, with their black glass, being able to see over the roof of the muppet in front is a huge benefit since you can't see through their bloody windows any more.

18 hours ago, Tagged said:

I bought an 2018 Triton last year new for a good discounted price and it have been a good simple car for a cheap price. No regrets. It is an "safe" economicle car that starts and take you where you want, and also can take some payload. The only minus like any two wheel driven pick up, it is light in the rear and you have to be carefull when it rains. Might put som weight in there for safety. 

A sheet of 12 mm Shera fiber cement board cut to fit the floor of the truck bed is a good way pf adding weight over the back axle. It reduces the depth of the bed but not overall storage capacity like messy sandbags and the like.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I understand why people buy pickups, good value, floods, rough roads etc. But I really worry about their stability.

We travel Route 2 quite a lot and have seen several pickups rolled over.

Last year heading south below Khon Kaen a very new looking Ranger passed me, probably doing 120kph. About 500m ahead he pulled to the left. Must have over-corrected or something and just went sideways and rolled.  The truck had no payload. It was a lovely dry morning. I was astonished at how readily it went over. The occupants only had cuts a bruises, luckily.

Couple of months ago one of my wife's family was killed when her HiLux rolled. 35 year old lady who was a very steady driver. It was a fine, dry, quiet road but somehow she managed to flip the vehicle. There were no witnesses so we don't know how it happened.

There's aren't any moose (or elk) in Thailand but the 2016 Hilux/Vigo's had a serious stability issue. The appended video opens with a clip of how dangerous it was and the rest of the video dwells on how Toyota resolved the problem.

However, the end of the video says that the stability package is only available on EU market vehicles so I guess that's why we may see more Vigo's rolling over here with nary a moose in sight.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

There's aren't any moose (or elk) in Thailand but the 2016 Hilux/Vigo's had a serious stability issue. The appended video opens with a clip of how dangerous it was and the rest of the video dwells on how Toyota resolved the problem.

However, the end of the video says that the stability package is only available on EU market vehicles so I guess that's why we may see more Vigo's rolling over here with nary a moose in sight.

That's a very useful video. Thanks. Having owned a pickup in the past I wouldn't want to buy another that didn't have stability control.

13 hours ago, PAV123 said:

Izusu D-Max

Interesting. A friend in the UK has just bought a new D-max auto: 1.9 164hbhp Eu6  I'll be doing a long towing trip pulling a 7 metre 3.5tonne gross trailer with it next week. It will be interesting to see how it performs.

Edited by Lancashirelad