Thailand's entire tourism industry will collapse if foreign tourists are not allowed back, industry leader

webfact

same in spain all doom and gloom

Spain warning: Costa del Sol and Benidorm remain ‘empty’ as hotels face possible closure

SPAIN holidays in the Costa del Sol and Benidorm could be completely off limits in the future, with the regions facing possible hotel closures and a collapse in overnight stays.

6 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I don't know what's worse, farangs who think that the whole Thai economy revolves around their arrogant heads, or Thais who don't give a monkeys toss about farangs, or anything outside their own little world.  Actually I do, its the arrogant farangs. 

Some expats have deluded themselves into thinking that if there were no expats in Thailand the whole economy would collapse, when in fact they're a very small part of the economy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

same in spain all doom and gloom

Spain warning: Costa del Sol and Benidorm remain ‘empty’ as hotels face possible closure

SPAIN holidays in the Costa del Sol and Benidorm could be completely off limits in the future, with the regions facing possible hotel closures and a collapse in overnight stays.

The bars that the Spanish use like the tapas restaurants are busy, but where the British and German tourists went are mostly closed due to no tourists or Spanish rules that have closed them. Spain are in a big hole right now and they % of tourism GDP is lower than Thailands.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

40 mln tourists a year x 1000 usd each (on average) = 40 000 000 000 usd in revenues. A big chunk of the economy, actually.

I said EXPATS, not tourists. (The other poster had mentioned expats, people who live in Thailand full time).

()

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He is a proponent of the Phuket Model. He said that even if the scheme attracts only 100,000 foreign tourists a month that would be an important start.

I wish them all the luck in the world, sincerely, but who would be wanting to go on holidays out of their country at the moment with Covid, we are doing it domestically, but if we had the chance to go internationally we wouldn't even consider it, albeit it we have done it annually prior to Covid, the 14 day quarantine isn't an issue, if we were going long term, but most people only go to Phuket for 2 weeks, and that means their time would consumed in quarantined, a major flop IMO.

The above said, there are a lot of people out of work at the moment around the globe and those continuing to make a buck are holding tight, I would think because there is basically no job security at the moment and they have to pay mortgages/rent, car payments, credit cards etc etc etc.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

All the lies in the world doesn't change the fact that the tourism industry in thailand is their main industry. That might make a few products for foreign companies here and there but tourism is their lot. Thais dont like to admit it though...

I would fly out today if they'd let me but I'm not sitting in quarantine for 15 days and I wont sign up to go to the square mile rip off zone they have planned for Phuket.... imagine the predation on tourists there...

Only a fool would go under those circumstances.

• Like 2