Plan on the table to allow Europe’s ‘snowbirds’ into Thailand for up to 9 months

webfact

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Spot on. It’s not exactly a welcoming party is it?

A prisoner for 2 weeks stuck in a hotel, let out for a weeks Parole all at your expense, not forgetting the testing. Then you can (Hopefully) finally make it to your destination. 

There’s the best part of a month gone of your summer break and a large chunk of cash. 

Will people suffer it? Maybe some who are desperate to see their separated families but I can’t see the uptake of people just looking to escape the winter months back home for a bit of sun. 

At least this island only has a 2 week sentence the island in this story has an indefinite sentence.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-31/coronavirus-covid-outbound-international-travel-ban-morrison/12605404

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

but what they don't want is treating like they are some sort of diseased dog kept in a quarantine kennel .. 

but coming from a high risk country, you are like a diseased animal, if you must travel then expect some restrictions

2 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Great idea - kick out the current long-stay tourists and replace them with others. Does that mean as I'm in Thailand now I could do a visa run to London and fly back to Thailand straight into quarantine?

get a long term visa, no need for border runs then, i think the days of repeated border runs to stay long term in Thailand are numbered, plenty of options for long term visas for people that are allowed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1