Democrats oppose Trump Wisconsin visit, president says 'strength' only answer

webfact

33 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

And meanwhile president Looney Tunes is referencing QAnon conspiracy theories on Fox...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/31/trump-biden-conspiracy-theory-406729

The usual vague claims again from Trump. Biden is controlled by dark forces, people in dark clothes traveling by plane from one unspecified city to another unspecified city.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

No reference to Q-anon in the story...seems you have an over active imagination.

No reference to Q-Anon directly, but he references a Q-Anon conspiracy theory that even Laura Ingraham interrupts him to interject that it sounds like a conspiracy theory. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Very much yes and very presidential unlike the other who speak like a Don. 

Yes the contrast is remarkable. 

A really mature man capable of growth and unifying leadership vs. a toxic narcissistic toddler brain.

The current president is too corrupt to even be president of a condo board.

12 minutes ago, DaveCW said:

One news report I saw - suggested that there have been more Non-black shot and killed by police. Also your more likely to be shot by a Black officer. 

Example of black officer shot non-blacks will be helpful to your insinuation. 

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Jacob Blake’s mother says she has ‘utmost respect’ for Trump

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jacob-blake-mother-respect-trump-missed-call-a9689646.html

Apparently it was after seeing this that Trump decided to visit Jacob Blake's mother.

She also asked him not to "start throwing bricks" before the facts were known about her son's shooting. Nevertheless, I hope Trump will visit her and do some healing for a change. 

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

She also asked him not to "start throwing bricks" before the facts were known about her son's shooting. Nevertheless, I hope Trump will visit her and do some healing for a change. 

Yes because Trump retweeted Jacob Blake's impressive rap sheet.

Blake was charged July 6 with felony third-degree sexual assault and misdemeanor trespassing and disorderly conduct. All three offenses carried a penalty enhancer because they were connected to domestic abuse.

The charges — which have not gone to trial — stem from a May 3 incident in Kenosha County. A woman Blake knew told police he came into her house about 6 a.m., sexually assaulted her and then took a debit card and car keys before fleeing in her vehicle, according to a criminal complaint.

A warrant for Blake’s arrest was filed the day after the criminal complaint, online court records show.

Police radio traffic explains officers were dispatched for "family trouble," and a dispatcher named Blake as taking the caller’s keys and refusing to give them back. A dispatcher used the police code 10-99 while sending officers, alerting them to Blake's warrant.

Blake was charged with a gun-related offense in 2015, but he was not convicted.

Our review of court records shows a confrontation at a Racine County, Wisconsin, bar led to a combative traffic stop and a total of five criminal charges in September 2015, including resisting an officer, disorderly conduct and three gun-related ones.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/28/fact-check-jacob-blake-faces-assault-charge-has-no-gun-convictions/5653770002/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Eric Loh said:
7 hours ago, Logosone said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jacob-blake-mother-respect-trump-missed-call-a9689646.html

Apparently it was after seeing this that Trump decided to visit Jacob Blake's mother.

Humanity, decency, integrity are a few among a set of values that normal human beings operate by but Trump doesn't possess. Notice the present tense, which in this instance indicates a fact, not a moment in time. Also that I didn't use any modifier either (such as "trump doesn't have any humanity (left) in  him.") He would as likely acquire an iota of humanity/decency/etc. as a tiger can change its stripes. It boggles the mind that after nearly 4 years of his not doing his job as a leader of this country (USA), of his associates going to jail one after another, of his using the power of the office of the presidency to reverse the laws of this land, of his demeaning any thing that's got to do with the aforementioned set of human values, 4 years of his undoing of our democracy as we know it and - my oh my, folks still harbor "hope" for Trump to do "some healing for a change!"

Edited by watthong
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

He's not there for healing.

His presidency isn't about healing. 

Abandon all hope of him ever getting better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

We’re just glad they finally let Joe out of the basement.  And in that clip, he compared Democrat-run cities to WW2.  You can’t make this stuff up...

Excuse me but who is the president of the USA at the moment who is reaching the end of his first term and hopefully the end of his time in office? Joe Biden? Is it Joe Biden? That's the thing. 45 and his fans act as if he's not the president. What an absurd gaslighting strategy that is. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2020 at 5:35 PM, Eric Loh said:

Exactly. Nothing to do with the shooting. Sway public opinion? 

Actually Jacob Blake's criminal past had a lot to do with the shooting.

Someone radioed the officers that there was a warrant outstanding for Jacob Blake for stealing a car and domestic violence. That no doubt firmed up the officer's determination not to let Blake get away and was most likely a reason for Blake to take the strong evasive action he did, he knew there was a warrant outstanding for him.

Worked on me, whilst I still think the shooting was excessive and unnecessary I have a lot less sympathy for Blake now. He was a criminal. 

29 minutes ago, Emdog said:

"Work smarter, not harder". You, like Trump, paints all protesters as "thugs". Arrest those who are breaking the law: arson, theft, etc.

Going after entire group of protesters legally protesting is similar to Nazis wiping out entire village because one villager was in the resistance. Also, those tactics drive average person to be more sympathetic to cause of those incite violence: "See? I told you it is all a police state & look what they do to average citizen who thought he was safe!" That is the goal of terrorism and why forces of law and order need to be concerned with law and order

Anyone smart enough to see what's going on would have left and gone home, as I mentioned in my post. You can't fix stupid. If anyone is stupid enough to be mingling with rioters, looters, arsonists and murderers, they deserve what's comes to them. I'm pretty sure most law abiding citizens who have had their livelihoods destroyed by these "peaceful protests" would agree, and they will confirm that when it comes to vote.

It's not like Nazi Germany and such a comparison is nonsense. People in America are free and have no need to put their lives in danger by minging with mobsters. What they could do is wait until the mobsters have been arrested, and go out another day when there's some law and order.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Emdog said:

"Work smarter, not harder". You, like Trump, paints all protesters as "thugs". Arrest those who are breaking the law: arson, theft, etc.

Going after entire group of protesters legally protesting is similar to Nazis wiping out entire village because one villager was in the resistance. Also, those tactics drive average person to be more sympathetic to cause of those incite violence: "See? I told you it is all a police state & look what they do to average citizen who thought he was safe!" That is the goal of terrorism and why forces of law and order need to be concerned with law and order

Yes of course it's just like Nazi Germany. Please, keep sharing your thoughts with as many people as possible. And don't forget to always mention you're a Democrat who supports Joe Biden.

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2020 at 5:16 AM, Logosone said:

And on the other side of the parenting equation, there is Jacob Blake's father who has a trail of racist, anti-Jew, anti-Christian hate in his path. Dude's a real nutter.

On 9/1/2020 at 5:31 AM, Logosone said:

Yes because Trump retweeted Jacob Blake's impressive rap sheet.

Blake was charged July 6 with felony third-degree sexual assault and misdemeanor trespassing and disorderly conduct. All three offenses carried a penalty enhancer because they were connected to domestic abuse.

The charges — which have not gone to trial — stem from a May 3 incident in Kenosha County. A woman Blake knew told police he came into her house about 6 a.m., sexually assaulted her and then took a debit card and car keys before fleeing in her vehicle, according to a criminal complaint.

A warrant for Blake’s arrest was filed the day after the criminal complaint, online court records show.

Police radio traffic explains officers were dispatched for "family trouble," and a dispatcher named Blake as taking the caller’s keys and refusing to give them back. A dispatcher used the police code 10-99 while sending officers, alerting them to Blake's warrant.

Blake was charged with a gun-related offense in 2015, but he was not convicted.

Our review of court records shows a confrontation at a Racine County, Wisconsin, bar led to a combative traffic stop and a total of five criminal charges in September 2015, including resisting an officer, disorderly conduct and three gun-related ones.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/28/fact-check-jacob-blake-faces-assault-charge-has-no-gun-convictions/5653770002/

It never fails. Liberals in the US virtually always defend thugs. And then a kid like Kyle Rittenhouse, practically an innocent Boy Scout, defends life as a lifeguard, volunteers to clean up graffiti, helps charity raise money for the police, protects life and property- he's forced to defend himself from violent thugs and is portrayed as a violent white supremacist!

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2020 at 5:22 AM, Eric Loh said:

There are enough facts known- her son was a loser, a thug with warrants, a thug who prompted police to draw their weapons on him, a thug who then went to his vehicle, almost certainly to grab the knife that was there. Logical people aren't going to assume he was reaching for a Red Cross donations box to hand to the police. The court of public opinion.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

Democrats opposed the visit because there would be footage of the damage leftist savages did to the city. And worse than that, Trump connected with the voters there. No one wants their city ravaged by rioting losers. Trump's visits reminds thinking people just who's been defending these violent thugs for months. Oh and Kamala Harris supporting ongoing riots was a horrible move. My god who on Earth is advising these people?

Oh and let's not forget Biden's visit yesterday. The city is fresh into recovering from violent thugs ravaging their town and Biden babbles about a $15/hour minimum wage? No wonder Barack Obama is reported to have said "never underestimate Joe's ability to <deleted> things up". Biden is completely lost in the woods when it comes to relating to people.

The mail-in vote fraud we just saw in New Jersey is NOTHING compared to what Democrats will need to engage in to prevent Joe Biden from being slaughtered. The Democrat party has completely lost touch with reality.

Unless mistaken the Trump just barely managed to carry the elections there in 2016. That was when facing HRC. For all of Biden's faults, he still manages to generate more support than her. You think that recent events might cause a massive change in voting patterns? Perhaps. But so far, there's no strong indication of that. Certainly not on the level Trump supporters go on about.

21 hours ago, Morch said:

Unless mistaken the Trump just barely managed to carry the elections there in 2016. That was when facing HRC. For all of Biden's faults, he still manages to generate more support than her. You think that recent events might cause a massive change in voting patterns? Perhaps. But so far, there's no strong indication of that. Certainly not on the level Trump supporters go on about.

We shall see. Biden still suffers from a very large enthusiasm gap. I believe this is a significant factor in why most of the pundits who predicted Trump losing were wrong. Heck, even I thought Trump would lose. This year, it's anyone's guess.

5 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

We shall see. Biden still suffers from a very large enthusiasm gap. I believe this is a significant factor in why most of the pundits who predicted Trump losing were wrong. Heck, even I thought Trump would lose. This year, it's anyone's guess.

Not really. The democratic voters who went for other candidates in the primaries are now very enthusiastic about beating Trump.