Police bust gang of con-artists

snoop1130

Police bust gang of con-artists

By The Nation

800_273f13f13fc09cb.jpg

A group of con-artists, including a Thai woman, were arrested on Monday (August 31) for allegedly running an illegal medical equipment company and defrauding a German man of Bt57 million.

Cameroon national Ferdinand Ayuk Agbor, 34; Ivory Coast national Souhadou Traore, 35; and Thai national Thanwarot Worasan, 24, were charged with fraud and money laundering.

They had allegedly sold rubber gloves to a German buyer in the United Arab Emirates, who had paid them Bt57 million but did not receive the products.

Thanwarot was found to have connections with Mepony Toure, 28, who allegedly runs an illegal firm from another country and is wanted by the Interpol.

Thai police are looking to see if this group is linked to a similar case in which the victim was an Israeli national.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393796

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-31

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

They had allegedly sold rubber gloves to a German buyer in the United Arab Emirates, who had paid them Bt57 million but did not receive the products.

God, I have a pair he could have had for much less. 

These Rubba Johnnies should never be trifled with, bouncing Czechs , lingering latex , youhave been warned

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

he's not racist ...  he's speaking what he sees as the truth as does many others. Did he hurt your feelings?

That's the problem with the world today, you can't say anything because of the do-gooders call it racist. 

I wouldn't trust a NIGERIAN as far as I could kick him ... am I being racist ?   hell no !  i'm being careful and honest. I wouldn't trust many Thai's for that matter ...  lol

That's probably why the "Nigeria connection" disguises under different nationals, and even use the name of well-known international banks. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Are there actually any honest Africans in Thailand ? Never a day seemed to go buy without an African con artists story on TV.

Maybe they should start asking all Africans from such countries to post a 1 million baht deposit first when applying for a visa.

You poor, insecure little man...

• Like 1