Thai media bemoans Pattaya Police driving the wrong way down Walking Street

webfact

42 minutes ago, alexth said:

Don't be so mean, you guys know they  all have vision problems...at the last raid on Walking Street they found not one evidence of prostitution! They're just blind, they don't mean bad 

A few years ago a Minister in the Government announced that prostitution didn't exist in Thailand merely wives for rent by the hour, day, week or some other agreed period. Obviously the BIB couldn't ask the bars if they employed wives for rent!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If you can drive a bike anywhere you want , there seem to be no rules, why not cars ?  The police men in Pattaya are good trained already from childhood.  "Me now police , can do anything. "

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

They said that tourists both foreign and Thai were perplexed by the attitude of the police on bikes and in pick-ups who had decided it was one law for them and one for everyone else

Come on, is this seriously anything we did not know!

Thailand's good name has been dragged through the dust by Thai police almost every day I have lived here.  They strut about in their too-tight-in-the-crotch uniforms, ignoring law breakers unless there's some baht in it for them.  Along with whistle-blowing car park attendants, Makro bill checkers and Thaiwatsadu shop assistants, they merely draw a wage for getting up in the morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Thailand's good name has been dragged through the dust by Thai police almost every day I have lived here.  They strut about in their too-tight-in-the-crotch uniforms, ignoring law breakers unless there's some baht in it for them.  Along with whistle-blowing car park attendants, Makro bill checkers and Thaiwatsadu shop assistants, they merely draw a wage for getting up in the morning.

the bill checkers at Makro.....really do a first class job.....and I love to hear whistles being blown  whilst reversing out of a car parking bay (FOODLAND is a great place to go for whistles)  !!!!!!