It's Getting Worse...More Shops Closing Down

Pattaya Spotter

Let's have a look at Central Road today...

1119652669_20210127_1120092.thumb.jpg.7b5a89feb9338eda097cea659d8a22de.jpg

A couple businesses for sale

765537440_20210127_1113302.thumb.jpg.e957af119a1e0a521de097c3406028fb.jpg

No holidaymakers...no Ocean Holiday Tours or three other businesses 

928918145_20210127_1113092.thumb.jpg.bd88e8376619667b99680277faae04dd.jpg

I wonder what these businesses were?

1539837992_20210127_1112352.thumb.jpg.0b04c65baa78213053bfa519a76e3a31.jpg

80 baht massages...they might as well be free if no customers ???? 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

80 baht massages are recent, they dropped prices from 100-80 about 2-3 months ago, usually they are 100+

I've lived in Patts for 15 years and never seen 80 baht massages...the cheapest I've seen is 100-125 but those are the "jack shacks" who just want to entice people in the door and "up sell" them additional services.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I've lived in Patts for 15 years and never seen 80 baht massages...the cheapest I've seen is 100-125 but those are the "jack shacks" who just want to entice people in the door and "up sell" them additional services.

I tried one of the 80 baht shops and was 100% legit, they just wanted customers and were happy doing a massage and keeping busy 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep, Indian and Russians also the lowest tippers. Also at barbars, seems normal for Thais just to pay the 80 or 100 for a haircut. Always exceptions 

Well considering my unkempt appearance it may be an idea to go get a haircut and massage today.... always involves 'tips'.... My Mrs surprised me by countering my impression Chinese were unlikely tippers as she had worked in a Chinese oriented hotel, and said otherwise. 

On 1/27/2021 at 10:00 AM, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes, similar length of time here  and also not seen 80bht massages until recently.

Both you and scuba correct.

Enjoy your photos, even though they are a sign of very hard times.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, newnative said:

Sad to see so many places closed.  Yet, there are some glimmers of hope for Pattaya's future here and there.  Took my morning walk in the north Pattaya Beach area and saw that A-01 Hotel is working on what they call Phase 2 of their redevelopment of the open space in front of their hotel complex.  This time they are completely re-doing the space in front of the second 'ship'.  

A few doors down from Tiffany's a fairly large Chinese restaurant is getting a big makeover with a new and nice outdoor area with a water feature.  More of Sabai Lodge has now been recently demolished so likely something new is being planned for that space.  

On Soi 3 work continues on a fairly large boutique hotel and a hotel on Soi 4 just remodeled their empty, previously unused roof area and transformed it into Virgin Rooftop Pattaya, a very nice two-level restaurant and get-together spot.  

I've been fascinated by the reconstruction of the 747 on Second Road and I am watching the large space it sits on as it is morphing into Runway 88.   Nearby, D Beach Hotel is adding a quite large third wing.  

Over on 3rd Road, Once Pattaya is nearing completion while work continues on another highrise condo down the road.  Some sort of shopping/entertainment space with colorful buildings is going up on a large, open lot on the same side of the road.  Work also continues on Grand Centre Point 2 and the other large hotel going up on Naklua Road.   A few positives, among other projects in other areas not mentioned, in a negative period for Pattaya.

.... and the 20 storey Somerset Hotel opposite Central Festival on 2nd Road and the new hotel at Mike's shopping mall also on 2nd Road.

• Like 1