It's Getting Worse...More Shops Closing Down

Pattaya Spotter

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I will also add when Dairy Queen closes down the sky really is falling ...That's a horrible sign....Dairy Queens has almost zero food prep...Almost zero food spoilage.....Takes up very little space...And you can bet they pay rock bottom wages to their employees...And Dairy Queen prices are dirt cheap, and its highly popular....

So if Dairy Queen closes there is really no hope at all for any other restaurant in Terminal 21 except the food court.... 

Their prices may well be dirt cheap,but i,d bet the rents in terminal 21 aren,t.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I was at the Big-CX Mall yesterday and it is quiet, but ticking over. You still have to Q at the checkouts! Seems like this is where a lot of the Expats do their weekly. Redwood above me makes that valid point, and the reality that T21 was aimed ONLY at tourists, visitors, I might even be tempted to say Asians. 

Love the fact I can get to the Mall and park my truck these days!

Yes the more locals focused venues continue doing a good trade...but the tourist focused malls are having a tough time...so definitely need 400 new parking spaces.

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

I will also add when Dairy Queen closes down the sky really is falling ...That's a horrible sign....Dairy Queens has almost zero food prep...Almost zero food spoilage.....Takes up very little space...And you can bet they pay rock bottom wages to their employees...And Dairy Queen prices are dirt cheap, and its highly popular....

So if Dairy Queen closes there is really no hope at all for any other restaurant in Terminal 21 except the food court.... 

I agree it's very popular...in the minute or two i was taking pictures in the vicinity, at least 10 people came by only to discover, like me, that it was shutdown. 

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Dairy Queen at Mike Shopping mall closed pre covid, no point going there other than that

9 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yes the more locals focused venues continue doing a good trade...but the tourist focused malls are having a tough time...so definitely need 400 new parking spaces.

Maybe if they built a 600 space car park they would get more shoppers.  ????

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I was at the Big-CX Mall yesterday and it is quiet, but ticking over. You still have to Q at the checkouts! Seems like this is where a lot of the Expats do their weekly. Redwood above me makes that valid point, and the reality that T21 was aimed ONLY at tourists, visitors, I might even be tempted to say Asians. 

Love the fact I can get to the Mall and park my truck these days!

Well I very often eat lunch in T21, Japanese or Chinese food mostly.   

After lunch, I walk all the floors for exercise.

Okay live fairly close by, 10 min on the scooter.

8 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Well I very often eat lunch in T21, Japanese or Chinese food mostly.   

After lunch, I walk all the floors for exercise.

Okay live fairly close by, 10 min on the scooter.

So it has become an oversized, airconditioned strolling park?  But tell us, how many folks are in there....? I live 10km out of town and need more reason to drive in than to get into a  mall. If it was for the exercise, and to get out of a little box condo, I would do the Beach Rd or Jomtiem front while it isn't so hot. 

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So it has become an oversized, airconditioned strolling park?  But tell us, how many folks are in there....? I live 10km out of town and need more reason to drive in than to get into a  mall. If it was for the exercise, and to get out of a little box condo, I would do the Beach Rd or Jomtiem front while it isn't so hot. 

There's packs of marauding dogs there now, according to what I read.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes it's good to walk in the shopping centers, like Central & T21, I do it often.

No hookers approaching you, but still some good eye candy to look at.

Very few people in the weekdays, sometimes more staff than customers.

I don't live in a little shoe box condo but in a fairly large 2 story house.

Edited by guzzi850m2

3 hours ago, adammike said:

There's packs of marauding dogs there now, according to what I read.

Can't speak for Jomtien but there aren't packs of 'marauding dogs' on Pattaya Beach.  Lots of people out walking on the beach and promenade this morning.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, newnative said:

Can't speak for Jomtien but there aren't packs of 'marauding dogs' on Pattaya Beach.  Lots of people out walking on the beach and promenade this morning.  

Pattaya Beach road and second road were totally dead at 8pm yesterday, from what I hear everyone's moved to Jomtien beac

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya Beach road and second road were totally dead at 8pm yesterday, from what I hear everyone's moved to Jomtien beac

Jomtien beach is much busier than Pattaya beach.  No comparison.

We do walks in the morning and it's a huge difference.  Especially on the weekends.  But still, it's dead with regards to businesses.  Sad times for them.

And yes, there are TONS of stray dogs.  We can no longer take our dog with us for the walk.  Sucks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Jomtien beach is much busier than Pattaya beach.  No comparison.

We do walks in the morning and it's a huge difference.  Especially on the weekends.  But still, it's dead with regards to businesses.  Sad times for them.

And yes, there are TONS of stray dogs.  We can no longer take our dog with us for the walk.  Sucks.

I'm liking Pattaya Beach for my walks.  There are not TONS of stray dogs--hardly see many at all on my north Pattaya Beach walk, maybe a couple here or there.  Nice amount of people out and about mornings and around sunset but easy to keep social distancing with the wide beach and wide promenade.   

32 minutes ago, newnative said:

I'm liking Pattaya Beach for my walks.  There are not TONS of stray dogs--hardly see many at all on my north Pattaya Beach walk, maybe a couple here or there.  Nice amount of people out and about mornings and around sunset but easy to keep social distancing with the wide beach and wide promenade.   

I notice a lot more dogs in Jomtien.  Even this past weekend in Bang Saray, the beach had MANY stray dogs roaming around.  Way more than in previous years.  Sucks.

8 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I notice a lot more dogs in Jomtien.  Even this past weekend in Bang Saray, the beach had MANY stray dogs roaming around.  Way more than in previous years.  Sucks.

I used to live in south Jomtien at Lumpini Park Beach and there were a lot of dogs even then around that area and to the south by Reflection and Metro condos. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

No doubt Charoen Pokphand Group will have record profits this year while small and medium business are smashed into oblivion by government edict.

Doesn't CP have to follow the same edicts that apply to other businesses in their market segments too...and agriculture and food retailing (Seven-11) are good market segments during pandemics or recessions as people always gotta eat.