Putin critic Navalny was poisoned with Novichok nerve agent, Merkel says

webfact

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Don’t assume your own nation can’t go the same way.

Of course they could. But, generally, they aren't as rampant with such stuff (vs. own citizens, at least). And further, you're more likely to have some legal recourse or that things will be exposed. In Western countries, people do not regularly disappear, suffer accidents or end up with Novichok in they systems for criticizing the government.

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

I wish trump would explain why he so often jumps to the defense of Russia

• Like 2

No question that King Vlad was behind it. Something like this does not happen without state sponsorship, Russia is a despot (dictatorship) nation hellbent on killing it's critics, and Putin is known to be a serial killer. He long ago lost the right to consume oxygen. Will anyone do anything about it?

Edited by spidermike007

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No question that King Vlad was behind it. Something like this does not happen without state sponsorship, Russia is a despot (dictatorship) nation hellbent on killing it's critics, and Putin is known to be a serial killer. He long ago lost the right to consume oxygen. Will anyone do anything about it?

Nope. Boris even put a Russian in the House of Lords.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:21 PM, dieter1 said:

first question should be:
who will profit from this ?
answer............
I do not think this is what the Russion governement wants. They know exactly, how "the west" will react.

Because Putin has demonstrated in the past that he fears Western reaction to his gambits?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Trump pretends to be hard on Russia. Meanwhile he is completely beholden to the master of blackmail, Putin.

2 hours ago, nausea said:

Same as in Thailand, rogue elements. I doubt Putin is giving his approval to this, but then I doubt he's trying too hard to crack down on it.

I doubt Putin allows rogue elements that much freedom. It that was the case, he'd probably bust some just to remind them who's boss, and not to take such actions on their own initiative.