Three lucky winners in "historical" state lottery - 999997 comes up!

webfact

Three lucky winners in "historical" state lottery - 999997 comes up!

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on three lucky winners of the state lottery after a remarkable number came up for the first prize.

It was 999997 for the Sept 1st drawing.

Thaivisa notes that many people love to play the number 9 because of its auspicious associations with the beloved departed monarch, Rama 9. 

The winners were busy recording their winnings with the local police stations, as is the custom in Thailand.

In Loei in the north east of Thailand there were two big winners who went to the Wang Saphung police.

Noon, 31, himself a lottery ticket seller in Nong Bua Lamphu, won 12 million baht with two tickets. 

He was with his girlfriend at the police station. He said that she comes from Wang Saphung and she had noticed the two tickets with the unusual number 999997 left on his display and advised him to keep the numbers for themselves. 

He planned to pay off debts with some of the money and used the rest for other purposes. 

Another winner there was Sukjai, 42, who won 6 million with one ticket.

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Meanwhile down in the south a ticket inspector at Hat Yai junction railway station got even luckier with ten winning tickets and 60 million baht. He also went straight to the police with an adopted relative.

Rerngsak Sirisongkhram, 45, said the number 97 came to him in a dream about a famous monk who has the number 2497 associated with his name. 

Sources: Sanook | Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-03

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

for starters, you can't just buy those numbers, the have been "reserved" or sold in well in advance,

and beside, i wouldn't trust Thai lottery operators as far as i can throw them and that is not far at all.. 'Nuff said... 

agree totally ...  

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

for starters, you can't just buy those numbers, the have been "reserved" or sold in well in advance,

Then how did these people buy them?

Besides, why would they reserve these numbers, as they are no guarantee for winning?

• Like 2

Odds of them pulling out 5 number nines in a row and then a 7 are pretty high I imagine. The guy who bought 10 must have too much money as nobody would buy 10 of a number like that . I said to my wife the only people who will have the winning tickets will be sellers probably as nobody will be looking to buy that type of number and one of the above is a seller .

Just shows how much money they make from this lottery when these are the only winners of the jackpot and tickets cost 80-100bht each ! Where does all the profit go ? ????

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Now that the lucky 3 have had their faces plastered all over the news.

" Look at me, Look at me "

They will soon be inundated with calls to help out family members they never knew they had 

I told the wife if we EVER (lol) win tell nobody! 555

4 hours ago, djayz said:

Out of curiosity, why do the winners (have to) register their winnings with the BIB? They'd be the last people I'd want knowing about how much I have. 

so your neighbor cannot say later you stole his tickets.

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

and beside, i wouldn't trust Thai lottery operators as far as i can throw them and that is not far at all.. 'Nuff said... 

I hope you feel better after that rant ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

Seems he was just hoping to win the 2-number prize after dreaming of the number 97. The preceding 9999 was a happy coincidence for him.

Yeah there is always some winner who dreams it or sees it on a log or some similar obscure object ! It’s the ones that post they practically win something every time there is a draw and all their friends go oh she’s so lucky well done ! Er no she spends thousands of her husbands money to buy them and he thinks it’s getting used for other things ! ????

• Like 1

I saw one of the winning families on TikTok last night. 

My heavens, they were so overjoyed!  Even I got verklempt just watching!

It looked like their ticket was part of a ticket booklet-not a single piece of paper.  I have no idea how far in advance folks have to buy these booklets, or how the whole thing works.

To be honest, I’ve never paid any attention to the lottery here...but I do have a question that someone here will know the answer to:

Is it true that foreigners cannot collect Thai lottery winnings?

I’ve heard this, but I never knew if it was true (not that I’m gonna start wasting baht on tickets).  

But it would be a nice factoid to know.

Edited by Brightly

On 9/3/2020 at 11:27 AM, djayz said:

Out of curiosity, why do the winners (have to) register their winnings with the BIB? They'd be the last people I'd want knowing about how much I have. 

Photographing tickets on the day they are purchased is more secure.