Many farang must leave their families, friends and Thailand

49 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I am currently stuck outside of Thailand in the UK, away from my wife and daughter. I am in the situation of needing to return to the UK every 9 months for personal reasons for a couple of days. Now, I can return if I jumped through the hoops, and maybe even quarantining if I had to, but having to potentially do it every 9 months would make it so impracticable that waiting and saving money - if only about 100 quid a month after financing a household in thailand and a b and b in the Uk - is far more preferable than satisfying ridiculous demands like quarantining in a hotel when I have a house, that my wife could quarantine in but i can't ! 

I have a couple friends in similar situations...stuck outside Thailand but with condos here. It's all a huge mess now trying to get back. Fortunately, the vaccines do appear to be making really good progress and may be approved and in mass production sooner than anyone expected. If so, it will change the game and things may return to "normal" sooner than expected. Just hang in there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

I wonder how Thai citizens overseas are getting on,are they also been held to Ransome and been left with no choice but to pay extortionate amounts of money to visa agents??,,,I highly doubt it 

At least Thailand  have given people with short stay visas a free amnesty, the UK haven't. My wife's cousin has been there for nearly a year now on a tourist visa. Thai border lockdown occurred just before her six months were up and, she says, she can't get back yet. Don't know how true that is but she certainly hasn't been given a legal amnesty to stay longer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1