scb bank daily withdrawal limit

Hi

Yes SCB and others banks have a limit onn how much one can draw in one day from atm
How does one change ie 20K per day to a higher amount.
I believe one can do this through an atm but how do you do it.
My guess is that other options on the screen.
Can anyone please help me.
Thanks all

John West

If you have the online banking service you can change the card limit by going to the account view and scrolling down. No two-step authentication needed.

I assume you can do it at an ATM but I've never tried.

• Like 1

I have a 50K daily limit on ATM withdrawals from my Bangkok Bank account.

... BUT ...

The bank imposes a 25K limit on each transaction.  So if I want 50K I must make 2 transactions, for which the fees are considerable on international transfers.

• Like 1

If you have the SCB EASY app on your phone.  Open it.  On the bottom right of the screen there is a light gray icon, 3 lines on top of each other, press it.  Press settings.  Scroll down to 'Manage personal limit'.   Set the limits to what you want. 

You can do the same on the SCBEasy page on your your computer too.

• Like 1

I have an SCB account too.

If I change the withdrawal limit, I do it on my internet SCB app. The app sends you a security code to the phone number you have registered with SCB. Once you have entered the code into your app, you can change the withdrawal limit.

If you go into your local bank, and ask them to change the limit, you will need to show them your passport.

I would be reluctant to change the limit on an atm, because it is too public; I don’t want people behind me in the queue, or nosey passers by, to see my bank details.

Edited by Ginger Tea
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

I never keep more than 25k on my ATM, in case it gets cloned ... and we live in the land of scams after all and the economy is in the toilet

Really? Sad to hear that you must live with such paranoia in Thailand. What to you do when the smile has left? Leave?

Edited by Matzzon

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Really? Sad to hear that you must live with such paranoia in Thailand. What to you do when the smile has left? Leave?

Agree. Very odd. And the other poster above who cannot change anything at the atm for fear of someone peerig over his shoulder. Not sure how some people can leave the house.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I bank with SCB, just go into any branch and tell them what you want to do... no problem

They will tell you to ring the Call Centre, or they will ring for you. The branch can't do it themselves.

10 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Agree. Very odd. And the other poster above who cannot change anything at the atm for fear of someone peerig over his shoulder. Not sure how some people can leave the house.

I know, It´s really sad to read. What I, for my life, can´t understand is why they year after year and day after day put themself in this horrible situation. If I felt that unsafe in a country, I would definitely move back home. Then again, the people we are referring to are probably also scared of there own shadow. That´s why they are out of options always looking over there own shoulder. ????:clap2:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

52 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I know, It´s really sad to read. What I, for my life, can´t understand is why they year after year and day after day put themself in this horrible situation. If I felt that unsafe in a country, I would definitely move back home. Then again, the people we are referring to are probably also scared of there own shadow. That´s why they are out of options always looking over there own shoulder. ????:clap2:

Yes and I put my hand over the atm panel so no one else, or a hidden camera, can read my PIN number.

I have two SCB bank accounts. The older one, which I opened when I lived in South Thailand, is linked to my UK account. I transfer my UK money into that account. It also holds my 800,000 extension money. 

When I moved further north into another province I had to open a second SCB account for the town I now live in. 

On one occasion,3 or 4 years ago,  there was, for some reason, well over 175,000 in the second account. I withdrew 900 baht and the balance of 175,000, or whatever it was, was shown on screen.

As I turned round to leave, having closed the screen, there was a young man looking intently at me. There was lot of unhappiness on his face and it was clear he had seen my balance on screen. I did not feel threatened, I never do in Thailand, but I took it at as a warning sign that I need to be more careful. I feel this even more now because of Covid-19; Thais, and indeed many farang, don’t have much money.

Sometimes, you can see it in their eyes: “I am Thai, you are farang. You are in my country. You have money, I don’t. You should give some of your money to me.”

And of course, if they know you, and if they think you have money, they will ask for a “loan” which of course becomes a gift. They ask other Thais for “loans” too.

One of of my Thai friends, who has a farang boyfriend, and so presumably is regarded as “farang” by adoption, was asked for a “loan” of 100,000 because of serious financial problems. My Thai friend, using her own money, not her boyfriend’s, after much effort, lent her the money, but of course she never got the money back.

Most Thai people are great, and I love living in Thailand, but ... and it is a big BUT, you have to be careful where money is concerned. Over the last few years, I have seen Thai women at their worst where money is concerned, and I am not talking about bar girls either. They tell such lies to get their hands on your money. On one occasion, I had to go to the local tourist police to report my Thai language teacher, but that is another long story.

My ex Thai girlfriend lent 5000 to a fellow Thai school teacher. Of course she never got the money back. So it’s not just a farang problem.

I don’t wear gold or smart clothes but go around in shorts and T shirts. And I am very careful about what is shown on public atm screens too.

of course, if you have only one bank account, you can avoid showing the balance on the atm screen by using the “cardless atm“ system, but I have only a cheap Nokia phone and my IPad is wireless only, so I prefer my “tried and tested” system outlined above.

I am glad to hear though, that both of you live carefree lives where money is concerned. I am happy in my life too, but I am very careful about my money details.

4 hours ago, mikesil said:

I have a 50K daily limit on ATM withdrawals from my Bangkok Bank account.

... BUT ...

The bank imposes a 25K limit on each transaction.  So if I want 50K I must make 2 transactions, for which the fees are considerable on international transfers.

The 50k daily limit you have set for your Bangkok Bank card.  Foreign cards have your home country limit (often much less).  The 25k limit is bank set limit of ATM software to 25 bills at one time (and 1k bills being largest available) to limit jams.  

52 minutes ago, Ginger Tea said:

Sometimes, you can see it in their eyes: “I am Thai, you are farang. You are in my country. You have money, I don’t. You should give some of your money to me.”

And of course, if they know you, and if they think you have money, they will ask for a “loan” which of course becomes a gift. They ask other Thais for “loans” too.

Really? That was one of the most deranged posts I have read so far. Why do wish to stay with such bad people. Better you move back home if you believe they are so horrible.

Then as for a loan. I do not know what kind of friends your personality attracts, but my friends. Thais or other foreigners, they understand what a loan means. I guess you have to try and socialize in better circles.

Edited by Matzzon

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I am going to duplicate this post answer, as it applies to two people I read on this forum.  You are so aloof and cock sure of yourselves, until... you wake up and go to the ATM and your balance is 1000Baht. You just have not met the scammers of ATMs here yet. Be very careful.

1 hour ago, Ginger Tea said:

Yes and I put my hand over the atm panel so no one else, or a hidden camera, can read my PIN number.

I have two SCB bank accounts. The older one, which I opened when I lived in South Thailand, is linked to my UK account. I transfer my UK money into that account. It also holds my 800,000 extension money. 

When I moved further north into another province I had to open a second SCB account for the town I now live in. 

On one occasion,3 or 4 years ago,  there was, for some reason, well over 175,000 in the second account. I withdrew 900 baht and the balance of 175,000, or whatever it was, was shown on screen.

As I turned round to leave, having closed the screen, there was a young man looking intently at me. There was lot of unhappiness on his face and it was clear he had seen my balance on screen. I did not feel threatened, I never do in Thailand, but I took it at as a warning sign that I need to be more careful. I feel this even more now because of Covid-19; Thais, and indeed many farang, don’t have much money.

One of of my Thai friends, who has a farang boyfriend, and so presumably is regarded as “farang” by adoption, was asked for a “loan” of 100,000 because of serious financial problems. My Thai friend, using her own money, not her boyfriend’s, after much effort, lent her the money, but of course she never got the money back.

Most Thai people are great, and I love living in Thailand, but ... and it is a big BUT, you have to be careful where money is concerned. Over the last few years, I have seen Thai women at their worst where money is concerned, and I am not talking about bar girls either. They tell such lies to get their hands on your money. On one occasion, I had to go to the local tourist police to report my Thai language teacher, but that is another long story.

My ex Thai girlfriend lent 5000 to a fellow Thai school teacher. Of course she never got the money back. So it’s not just a farang problem.

I don’t wear gold or smart clothes but go around in shorts and T shirts. And I am very careful about what is shown on public atm screens too.

of course, if you have only one bank account, you can avoid showing the balance on the atm screen by using the “cardless atm“ system, but I have only a cheap Nokia phone and my IPad is wireless only, so I prefer my “tried and tested” system outlined above.

I am glad to hear though, that both of you live carefree lives where money is concerned. I am happy in my life too, but I am very careful about my money details.

Hello. Some very bad news for for you. Get a Smartphone and you better know the PIN code is not read by readers or cameras, the keypad maybe false, so you can cover what you like, the scammers still read the key presses from sitting in cars nearby.

P.S. Use the SCB App and get warning messages straight to your smart phone, when money enters or departs your bank account in real time.

Stop being a scardy cat and buy a modern smart phone.

Edited by Inepto Cracy
P.S. addition
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

I am going to duplicate this post answer, as it applies to two people I read on this forum.  You are so aloof and cock sure of yourselves, until... you wake up and go to the ATM and your balance is 1000Baht. You just have not met the scammers of ATMs here yet. Be very careful.

Yep, just go to right and put yourself in the line for the membership of The Paranoia Club Thailand. Please to not complain of the long line. It seems to be a popular club for the members of TV. :clap2:????

So, fear mongering gets you nowhere.

12 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

P.S. Use the SCB App and get warning messages straight to your smart phone, when money enters or departs your bank account in real time.

Stop being a scardy cat and buy a modern smart phone.

I can get the same messages on my Nokia 3310 from BBL without any App and I don't have to pretend to be smart.  In my 50 years of banking here have never lost money - but obviously it could happen.  But having chip ATM cards is a positive factor to limit that chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Really? That was one of the most deranged posts I have read so far. Why do wish to stay with such bad people. Better you move back home if you believe they are so horrible.

Then as for a loan. I do not know what kind of friends your personality attracts, but my friends. Thais or other foreigners, they understand what a loan means. I guess you have to try and socialize in better circles.

I am pleased to hear that your times in Thailand are going well. I hope that it will always be like that for you.

19 hours ago, giddyup said:

They will tell you to ring the Call Centre, or they will ring for you. The branch can't do it themselves.

My local sub-branch did it for me, I didn't even have to go to the main bank in town.

Took 5 minutes.