Brexit back in crisis as UK threatens to undercut divorce pact

snoop1130

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

What do you make of mine (& why do you think we're using them)?

" What do you make of mine "

Simple !....same like a poster for a "missed person "....in the alarming disapearance  category ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah, except what johnson is doing breeches international law and shows how untrustworthy the uk govt is, you may not care but that doesn't make a jot of difference.

This is a major **** ** and one that will have consequences going forward unless johnson performs another of his u turns...

You see  God was an Englishman,named Boris.

Jan 1.2021..out of EU

Jan 2.2021 English elections called,..getting shut of scotland

Jan 3.2021  Scotland  got shut of

Jan 4.2021 All ferry ,flights to Ireland scrapped

Jan 5 .2021   UTOPIA

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Supporters of Brexit accuse “<deleted>” of being undemocratic for not accepting the result of the 2016 referendum. But the Brexit being delivered bears no resemblance to that with which voters were wooed with in 2016, and there is thus no democratic mandate for it any more than there would be for overturning the original vote.

If the Brexit that was promised turns out to be undeliverable the prime minister should come out and say so, and either offer another referendum or call a general election. To have made those promises in the full knowledge that they would later be broken is an act of the utmost cynicism and dishonesty, and undermines our democracy.

Is that your own analysis or have you read it and claiming it as your own work?

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Extracts from a letter.....but it's okay.....I only used it in a very specific and limited way.

I think you can do that now

Looks pretty much in it's entirety to me, best to give your sources and use quotes as people might begin to think you are much cleverer than you actually are.????????

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/broken-brexit-promises-leave-britain-on-the-brink/ar-BB18P7Z6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Alex80 said:

It seems you don't know what you're talking about.

A trade deal must be profitable for everyone, not just UK. EU countries already had quotas (quotas, not "full access") on UK fishing grounds (and viceversa), so, EU ask them as counterpart in the trade deal. This is not bad faith or undermining UK sovereignty, it's a trade deal. Give something to get something.

Of course it is undermining UK sovereignty. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Perfidious Albion.

A name that sounds like perfectly justified.

You had your chance of a deal, after all the UK wasn't asking for anything that other nations havn't been already granted, we warned you at the time, it's no good crying over spilt milk now.

• Like 2