Monk comes to the air of stricken foreigners - tears all round as he buys them food

webfact

I bought our "stricken" neighborhood motorcycle taxi driver a bottle of beer yesterday evening because he said he couldn't afford it.

And just last week I gave a "stricken" old lady down the street a dozen fresh eggs and bunch of other groceries because I know she's having a tough time making ends meet at the moment.

The big difference is that I didn't feel the urge to post the two stories on Facebook so to pat myself on the shoulder what a wonderfully compassionate human being I am. 

• Like 1

In Arabic countries, there is a belief that all those who believe in other religions like Buddhism will go to hell after death.

The Muslims even destroyed many Buddhist statues in Afghanistan, Pakistan etc believing them as Satan worshippers.

Now, they know which religion is compassionate and which are not.

Edited by warcy
  • Like 1

Did the Jordanian man ask anybody for food?

I find it hard to believe that nobody would give him anything to eat if he would ask.

Over the years I saw many shop owners give food for free to people in need who ask and I would be surprised if the guy from this story would not receive anything.

• Like 1

Taking pity, the monk bought them dinner and after the man said he would save his to give to his wife the next day he bought some more cakes and drinks. 

He said there were tears all round. 

It didn't matter that they were of a different religion - this was a case of being kind to fellow humans, he noted. 

I've only read one comment of a noble poster who seems to go to bed with Pinocchio daily, a very negative post.

Aren't we all human beings who should help each other if possible?

I was approached by some needy foreigners who were totally out of cash.

They weren't asking me, but I bought some food for them, and you could see that they hadn't eaten for quite a while.

All I paid was 190 baht and 50 baht for water. It helped them to get over that particular day, at LEAST WITHOUT AN EMPTY STOMACH.

Why so many foreigners believe that they're better foreigners is something I might never understand.

The guy who wrote that he almost cried seems to be a very selfish lousy guy who doesn't have any friends. 

I've seen hungry and homeless families in the thousands in the middle of a war, and all I could do was to cry.

And once the brain cleared up, I could think of other actions.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

I hope that you don't live in Thailand, Mr. Pilotman.

I've not seen many monks in a Benz other than the ones I drove around in mine. How come that you know so much more about them?

The phone sentence is a joke, not worth to mention. Where did you get the "vulnerable girl shagging monks" from? 

Did your mom tell you that, or have you heard or read that somewhere?

The seats for monks are usually not in first class, but you seem to have great insight.

I've had some fascinating conversations with educated monks who knew what was going on and knew what they were talking about.

You've heard and read some stories about the Learjet guys, and you've made your mind up, right?

But that's only your personal opinion, not more. 

Please read five different articles about this topic, and you'll see opinion over opinion. 

Did the one in a bus masturbating monk make all of them to exhibitionists?

Please elaborate on where you've got your detailed knowledge of wrongdoing monks. 

Considering the high numbers of monks in Thailand, I'd still see it as the minority doing things they shouldn't. 

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. 

QOUTE: Where did you get the "vulnerable girl shagging monks" from? 

Pilotman did not specifically mention girls.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

What? a dozen Arab embassies and consulates in Thailand and non would offer an assistant? so much for arab brotherly love...

Firstly, they were Jordanian so a dozen embassies and consulates is immaterial. It's not like all Arabs help each other. A simple look at the Middle East should tell you that. 

Secondly, it was a public holiday. Good luck getting through to anyone. Jordan is not a rich country. I wouldn't expect much in the way of assistance outside of office hours. 

• Like 1