Norwegian lawmaker nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

webfact

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Greta will give Trump a good fight for the short listing. If she got short listed, expect a mighty big tweet tirade from Trump and will rant that the Noble Peace Prize is rigged. 

Why in god's name would Thunberg get nominated for the Peace Prize?

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Speaking to CBS, Tybring-Gjedde’s daughter Mathilde, who is a Norwegian member of parliament for the centre-right Conservative Party, hit out at Trump’s nomination.

"The prize is given to those who have 'done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses.' Donald Trump does not come to mind when I read this description," she told the news outlet.

"Tybring-Gjedde’s daughter Mathilde hit out at Trump’s nomination".

Ignorance.

Edit: Clarification for you, colinneil.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:
1 hour ago, riclag said:

Thanks Norway! The Best No Wars President Ever!

It wasn’t a gift from Norway, it was an individual rightwing Norwegian lawmaker, who incidentally shares Trump’s adulation of Putin.

It was a Norwegian lawmaker. 

What have his politics got to do with it when he doesn't decide who gets the award?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

she did say 'how dare you' didnt she ?

in addition to that, and in connection to that,

i saw an expression of indignation on her face,

which should generate at least 1 vote extra

for acting

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:
13 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

What have his politics got to do with it when he doesn't decide who gets the award?

His politics have a lot to do with his decision to nominate Trump. 

So what?  What have his politics got to do with it when he doesn't decide who gets the award?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:
16 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

It is because of his political opinions that he decided to nominate Trump.

How do you know that, do you know either of them?  But, so what?  Perhaps he made his nomination based on objective observations.

Again, so what, what have his politics got to do with it when he doesn't decide who gets the award?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Trump’s USA is being investigated for human rights abuse by the UN. He wouldn’t make the shortlist. 

16 มิ.ย. 2563 · A draft resolution calls for a high-level investigation into U.S. ... ago that the United States would withdraw from the U.N. Human Rights ...
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:
1 hour ago, Hi Tea said:

2 years in a row. She was expected to win last year. Trump was not even shortlisted last year. Now go cry a bucket over this. 

So she lost two years on the run; who exactly "expected" her to win? 

Trump has been nominated this year so, to quote your own wise words, go cry a bucket over that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Do these so called "Abraham accords" mean anything? Does this guy know anything? 

Much of this invocation of Abraham has to do with the relatively recent western Protestant and Orientalist invention of the term "Abrahamic religions", which is wrongly attributed to Muslims, to refer to the three monotheistic religions. While Abraham is of central importance to the Islamic tradition, the notion of Abrahamic "religions" or "adyan" in Arabic is foreign to it. The term is unknown in Arabic or Hebrew (except in translation from English).

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/uae-israel-deal-abraham-or-israeli-colonialism

14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The discussion is about the nomination, not the decision who will get the reward. You seem confused.

"You seem confused".

Not at all, I wasn't commenting on who would win, seems that it's you who may be "confused", not me.

Edited by Hi Tea
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hi Tea said:

So what?  What have his politics got to do with it when he doesn't decide who gets the award?

59 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

How do you know that, do you know either of them?  But, so what?  Perhaps he made his nomination based on objective observations.

Again, so what, what have his politics got to do with it when he doesn't decide who gets the award?

And a few more posts where you mention 'who gets the reward'.

13 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

"You seem confused".

Not at all, I wasn't commenting on who would win, seems that it's you who may be "confused", not me.

But now you're saying you were not commenting on who will win, in other words, 'who gets the reward'.

15 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

So she lost two years on the run; who exactly "expected" her to win? 

Trump has been nominated this year so, to quote your own wise words, go cry a bucket over that.

She only 17. Lots of time. Trump not much as civilian next year.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stevenl said:
24 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

"You seem confused".

But now you're saying you were not commenting on who will win, in other words, 'who gets the reward'.

No, I never gave an opinion on whether he should win.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Crazy days we live in. Who could have imagined a President that ends all the ridiculous wars of his predecessors and bring the troops home to safety would be called a fascist and dictator? And be told from Bernie Sanders that "the Planet" itself is in danger if this man of peace wins his 2nd term? Seeing as Trump hates the losers and suckers in the military you would think he would leave them out in Iraq to be blown up? Why would he care so much about them he wants them back home with their families? Something is wrong somewhere in the official narrative.

I for one am grateful. No wars is good. No death on the battlefield - yes that is good too. I don't care if he is orange.

Trump didn't go through the big banker elite rubber stamping process.  He slipped through the cracks and challenged the tools of the elite the mas media and the swamp itself. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, genericptr said:

He did nothing to earn this, no one even knew how he would govern at this point. He was a barely known figure (unless you lived in Chicago) who was pushed to front of the stage in no small part because of his race. Ironically race relations have been eroding ever since.

Obviously, you didn't read the link I provided. Your comments are completely unrelated with the award for Obama.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Quite the opposite, trump has enabled the 'elite' and the 'swamp' by removing any meaningful regulatory oversight. trump is the 'swamp'.

Of course he removed any regulations put in place to prevent the "self oversight" which was mainly responsible for the 2007/8 crash. He has to help his wealthy backers stay, and get rich, irrespective of the broader consequences.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

No, I never gave an opinion on whether he should win.

But you were commenting on winning. You claimed you were not, I said you were, the quotes proof you were. End of this nonsense with you 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Trump didn't go through the big banker elite rubber stamping process.  He slipped through the cracks and challenged the tools of the elite the mas media and the swamp itself. 

Still think Trump is not part of the elite and swamp. 

• Like 1