Norwegian lawmaker nominates Trump for Nobel Peace Prize

webfact

10 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Should he be awarded the honour all credibility for the awards will cease to exist . Other awardees should refuse accept awards in the categories

Well, there's that. But Obama's case kinda shoots this argument out of the water.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

Still think Trump is not part of the elite and swamp. 

He is elite but at least he is shaking things up which is more than can be said for the rest of them.  The Sioux used to judge a man by those who were his enemies and not his friends.  Trump has a lot of enemies in Washington. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Donald J Trump...a name liberal Democrats will try to have removed from the Presidential Library...????

Need to keep the info for lessons on how not to govern, other than that, excellent idea.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Actually, I don't think any President, PM etc. (past or present) should be nominated...it's their job to help their people (whether they do that or not is a different question), help to keep the peace domestic and world wide. The Nobel Peace Prize is one that I think should be reserved only for those who do so voluntary and spend much of their lives doing so. Maybe there isn't any of those around these days.

Edited by TKDfella
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TKDfella said:

Actually, I don't think any President, PM etc. (past or present) should be nominated...it's their job to help their people (whether they do that or not is a different question), help to keep the peace domestic and world wide. The Nobel Peace Prize is one that I think should be kept only for those voluntary and spend much of their lives doing so. Maybe there isn't any of those around these days.

As a Norwegian, 100% agree! 

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I thought he was nominated primarily for fixing the Israel problem. Another "magic wand" moment. Although no doubt his hobbling the CCP, his Herculean efforts on the Korean peninsula, his wiping out of ISIS (or Deash as we were supposed to call them under 44 who refused to even look at the problem), bringing peace wherever he looks, the list goes on and on. Trump really got stuff done on the world stage, and none of it was by invading sovereign nations willy-nilly. It has been a very impressive 1st term.

You thought wrong. Trump didn't "fix" the "Israeli problem". It's an agreement normalizing existing unofficial relations between two countries who weren't at war and aren't even neighbors.

Trump did not wipe out ISIS. Certainly not personally. Not with them bone spurs. Much of the heavy fighting heavy lifting was during Obama's term, and that's when the strategy and infrastructure facilitating operations were put in place. Daesh, by the way, is more of an insult, as opposed to the ISIS moniker. That you claim Obama "refused to even look at the problem" is false. And regardless of your Trump adulation, ISIS remains an issue, with standing warnings about possible resurgence.

I get it you're here for other purposes than discussing issues.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Peace? What peace ?

North Korea - Fail

Russia - Fail

Middle East - Fail

He is the most divisive president ever.

Have these guys been smoking too much reindeer ?

Think this states it clearly enough, "Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of parliament for the right-wing Progress Party".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ravip said:

Is this not enough to evaluate these 'noble prizes'?

Anyways, Norwegians have proved many times their 'superior' judgements!

Please do not judge all Norwegians on the basis of, "Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of parliament for the right-wing Progress Party". I guess I am sensitive to this because I certainly do not want to be judged on the basis of The Donald occupying the White House.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, candide said:
19 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

It was a Norwegian lawmaker. 

What have his politics got to do with it when he doesn't decide who gets the award?

In short, he is not "Norway"!

In short, nominations can be made by anyone who qualifies, it does not have to be a country!

17 hours ago, stevenl said:
18 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

No, I never gave an opinion on whether he should win.

But you were commenting on winning. You claimed you were not, I said you were, the quotes proof you were. End of this nonsense with you 

Yes, show me the quote were I said he should or shouldn't win. "End this nonsense", to quote you, if you can't.

There is a certain logic to the nomination, Trump has reduced military commitments in foreign countries. Against that, the USA is on the brink of civil war under his leadership.

I'm just trying to imagine how insufferable he would become if he actually won. It would be like throwing gasoline on a fire.

22 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Crazy days we live in. Who could have imagined a President that ends all the ridiculous wars of his predecessors and bring the troops home to safety would be called a fascist and dictator? And be told from Bernie Sanders that "the Planet" itself is in danger if this man of peace wins his 2nd term? Seeing as Trump hates the losers and suckers in the military you would think he would leave them out in Iraq to be blown up? Why would he care so much about them he wants them back home with their families? Something is wrong somewhere in the official narrative.

I for one am grateful. No wars is good. No death on the battlefield - yes that is good too. I don't care if he is orange.

Aw, you are going to make me cry if you keep bleeting on like that. We all know you are trolling out of a bunker in Russia. And by the way, what about those bounties on the heads of the soldiers in Afghanistan? But then, to Trump all soldiers are suckers and losers.

Trump should be nominated for a RIP Peace award.

Rest In Peace to the over 150,000 American that died because of his decision to conceal the danger of Covid 19 from the nation.

If the USA were instead a 'banana republic, Trump might instead be accused for crimes against humanity. 

9 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Trump should be nominated for a RIP Peace award.

Rest In Peace to the over 150,000 American that died because of his decision to conceal the danger of Covid 19 from the nation.

If the USA were instead a 'banana republic, Trump might instead be accused for crimes against humanity. 

How many people have contracted the virus since after the dangers were well known ?

2 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

In short, nominations can be made by anyone who qualifies, it does not have to be a country!

I agree, but the discussion was about Riclag writing "Thanks Norway", Chomper replying "It wasn’t a gift from Norway", and then you replied.

So I recalled that he wasn't "Norway", just an individual.

The fact that the guy is an extreme-right pro-Putin lawmaker only adds more flavour to the story.

• Like 1