Thailand finds second coronavirus infection after long absence

snoop1130

30 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I wonder where he is now?

I suspect he's been locked away / rushed to hospital for 'the emergency treatment' which his special $100k insurance will presumably pay for.

Considering there appears to be nothing wrong with the guy I wonder how long they will keep him locked up for and how much the insurance company will pay out?

There's a reason the list of approved insurance companies contains only Thai companies which operate at the discretion of the government.

Exactly what i was thinking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

There have been a few documented cases of a far longer incubation period than 14 days in some other countries so its possible he did bring it over with him, seeing as out of over 1000 players and staff tested that he was the only one testing positive then this seems likely to me but obviously its possible he caught it here to.

You are certainly right but I wonder why France wants to reduce the quarantine to seven days

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

There have been a few documented cases of a far longer incubation period than 14 days in some other countries so its possible he did bring it over with him, seeing as out of over 1000 players and staff tested that he was the only one testing positive then this seems likely to me but obviously its possible he caught it here to.

I've been watching some of these people in quarantine in ASQ hotels. 

Some are mixing with hotel staff after a few days, and alot are mixing after their second test a week later - when they are usually let out of their rooms for an hour or so exercise around hotel grounds. Some hotels are even letting guests linger around all evening, getting coffees and meals. 

If one of those workers in these quarantine hotels has the virus, they could easily pass it on. 

• Like 2

Buriram footballer tests positive for Covid-19

By The Nation

800_3f37c168e3ea5fb.jpg

A professional footballer has tested positive for Covid-19, fuelling concern he may be the second local case this month after a period of 100 days with no domestic infections.

The unnamed player, an Uzbekistan international who plays for Buriram United, tested positive despite showing no symptoms, the Department of Disease Control announced on Friday.

However his team-mates all tested negative.

The 29-year-old player arrived in Thailand on August 13 and underwent two weeks of quarantine, said Dr Sopon Iamsirithaworn, director of Bureau of General Communicable Diseases.

He then tested negative for Covid-19 twice before returning to his club with a single driver on August 27.

He trained with the team until Tuesday this week, staying alone at his residence in Buri Ram. His daily schedule was usually to wake up late, go to lunch with three foreign players and then train with the team from 5pm to 6.30pm. He travelled in a teammate’s car and did not use public transport.

On Tuesday (September 8), the Department of Medical Sciences took samples from 42 footballers as part of a programme to test 1,115 Football Association of Thailand players and staff ahead of the new season starting on Saturday.

On Thursday, the team flew to Samut Prakan via Air Asia for a camping trip. The player wore a mask and stayed in his own room. The result of his test came back positive on Friday and he was taken to hospital.

Dr Yong Poovorawan, a virologist at Chulalongkorn University, said it was likely the player imported the infection from Uzbekistan. “We were quite lucky to catch this [rare symptomless] infection, which occurs in less than one per cent of cases,” he said.

He also confirmed that the 14-day quarantine was enough to detect the virus.

The start of the football season has been postponed for further testing of players and staff, said Korrawee Prissananantakul, general secretary of the Football Association Thailand.

Dr Suwannachai added that people who think they might have been in contact with the infected player should get themselves tested.

S__73564318.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394390

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-12

12 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

“I believe he was infected abroad,” Yong said.    I believe your talking out of your 3rd orifice again Dr????

Well where do you think he was infected with the virus. 

Only tracing his past movement will tell and this is a vital move. Its essential.

12 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Of course it is they wouldn't put it there just to scare people would they?

I hope your making that statement/question sarcastically. The photo obviously has nothing to do with the report and it's shameful that snoop1130 & the TVF Media team thought to include it.

• Thanks 1