Worse than Tom Yam Kung crisis - Thai tourism is "seriously wounded"

webfact

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

So they hold a conference with many participants to discuss the problems cause by the Covid 19 virus but they don't practice correct/proven personal distancing, one of the key items to stop the spread of the very infectious virus.

They have likely seen the statistics by now, so know that stuff is just "security theater" pablum for the rabble.

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Read the post that I was responding to .

*Thailands reliance on mass Chinese tourism isnt the cause of the tourist numbers being down *, was my point 

Excuse me!  I was responding to your post, not a third party post.

if you wish to include another post (a 3rd party post) in your reply then I suggest  you use the "multi quote" function!

Edited by fangless

5 minutes ago, fangless said:

No I don't!

Post are meant to be self explanatory, not obfuscated as is in your usual practice.

OK, in regards to my post earlier, why was the location of Wuhan mentioned by you ?

What was the relevance ?

When I stated that Chinese mass tourism wasnt the reason for Thailands tourists decline 

Why was there a need to mention where the virus originated ?

My point was that Thailand relying on Mass tourism from China hasnt been the cause of zero tourists , it has been the virus that has caused that 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

OK, in regards to my post earlier, why was the location of Wuhan mentioned by you ?

What was the relevance ?

When I stated that Chinese mass tourism wasnt the reason for Thailands tourists decline 

Why was there a need to mention where the virus originated ?

My point was that Thailand relying on Mass tourism from China hasnt been the cause of zero tourists , it has been the virus that has caused that 

Where did the virus originate?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fangless said:

Therefore I refer you to your previous posts!

Yes, but its tourists from everywhere who have been unable to enter Thailand , thats why there are no tourists .

Thailand relying on Chinese mass tourism is irrelevant , because no one can get in from anywhere .

The lack of tourists has been caused by the virus  and it has nothing to do with Thailand reliant on Chinese mass tourism .

Its just a coincidence that they are  from the same Country

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

The lack of tourists has been caused by the virus  and it has nothing to do with Thailand reliant on Chinese mass tourism .

Its just a coincidence that they are  from the same Country

Are you perchance a "trick cyclist"? 
All you seem to do is go round and round in circles and then stop at some meaningless point in your space and spout forth the most amazing contradictions.  
The old English saying is "when in a hole, stop digging".
In other words - I would suggest that if, perchance, you have any constructive comments to make on any subject it would help if you waited until you had any!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

And yet the government continues to push people out (ME Visa) who have spending power to help with this crises but Thai logic says well they didn't do their 90 day exit/entry requirements (borders closed) so out they go .

True but they are civil servants who have to obey the rules, anyway they aren't affected they get a government salary. A change in regulations (emergency temporary rules ?) would have to come from the top, like prison visits as a tourist attraction, things like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fangless said:

Are you perchance a "trick cyclist"? 
All you seem to do is go round and round in circles and then stop at some meaningless point in your space and spout forth the most amazing contradictions.  
The old English saying is "when in a hole, stop digging".
In other words - I would suggest that if, perchance, you have any constructive comments to make on any subject it would help if you waited until you had any!

Thats because I need to keep explaining things to you over and over again and it seems you still cannot comprehend what I mean , which is due to you replying to posts with knowing the context

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Pravda said:

Lots of doom and gloom articles lately. Good time to buy somethin'

Not sure, is the price of a 'multi-reentry' Permit been reduced to a special price ?  ????

Rebuilding a tourist trade is gonna be harder nowadays just because other nations are improved and the playing field is a lot more level than the last couple decades that Thailand didn't have all that much competition.

Edited by IAMHERE
add my reasoning process

26 minutes ago, scammed said:

regardless, covid19 mustnt win,

if the virus hangs around for another decade, so be it,

seal the borders from tourism and money alike.

can i get an AMEN ?

Yes you can get the amen

a lot of Thais are collectively persuaded that they can do without foreign tourism

like they have done for centuries until the 70'.

Now we can just wait and see how it works for the next years.

I am not very optimist because it's not only the tourism

wich is impacted, most of the economy is going in dire straits (Domino effect)

Plus Thailand is not anymore the agricultural country it was before the 70'

with a young, poor and uneducated population, and in the actual situation it's

could be more difficult for the actual power already contested to deal with this fact.

20 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Chiang Rai was never really a centre for large scale foreign tourism. That has quite simply gone. It was however a very popular destination for domestic tourists. Their numbers have fallen dramatically over the last six months.

That's very strange because I have a reliable source that predicts the Thai domestic tourism will make up for the gap left by lack of foreign tourists.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Thats because I need to keep explaining things to you over and over again and it seems you still cannot comprehend what I mean

You would not have to "keep explaining things" in your nonsensical replies if what you posted and then twisted later was clear in the first place!