Covid19 Injection will you or wont you?

ChipButty

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I am 100% in support of proven and established vaccines.

This is like saying "I am 100% in support of well-designed, thoroughly tested vehicles".

Sometimes, however, we still need to travel in baht buses.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Poet said:

So far, the Cambridge vaccine sounds safe enough.

After successful first and second rounds, the third round of testing was only paused because one guy out of a thousand or something like that developed a problem.

They are keep it a hush-hush but, actually, the side-effect he experienced wasn't life-threatening, just a bit disturbing I suppose. His sexual preferences switched to gay. But that might just have been the Cambridge environment.

I did read that the other day

• Like 1

To put the question another way, if you were outside Thailand and wanted to get back in today, which would you choose:

1. Test before departure at your own expense, possibility of catching Covid from the wheezy fat bloke sat next to you on the plane, test upon arrival at your own expense, 14-day quarantine at your own expense in a ridiculously overpriced hotel.

2. Vaccine and certification provided to you at tax-payer expense in your own country, no need to think about Covid again for at least a few years, and a discount from bargirls when you show them your certificate.

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poet said:

To put the question another way, if you were outside Thailand and wanted to get back in today, which would you choose:

1. Test before departure at your own expense, possibility of catching Covid from the wheezy fat bloke sat next to you on the plane, test upon arrival at your own expense, 14-day quarantine at your own expense in a ridiculously overpriced hotel.

2. Vaccine and certification provided to you at tax-payer expense in your own country, no need to think about Covid again for at least a few years, and a discount from bargirls when you show them your certificate.

Im all for that, getting a discount or buy one get one

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Provided the vaccine is from a reputable source, yes.

I've survived vaccinations for TB, bladder cancer, pneumonia, flu, typhoid, diptheria, hepatitis, yellow fever and tetanus quite comfortably. Another one is just a teaspoon of blood in the bat's broth.

I really am looking forward to the time when there's a vaccine for stupidity.

Those vaccines have been tried and tested ! 'stupidity' would be taking something that 'might be effective ' a year after first discovering a virus ! And why be vaccinated in a country with low infections

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Good idea

I personally am just waiting for the free condo with each and every Thai vaccination. They can name it the "1 condo for you free with each sterilization" oops! I meant vaccination

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Poet said:

We all will.

By choosing to live all or at least part of our lives in S.E. Asia, we have already established that we are willing to take risks with our health, well-being, and sanity.

My only hesitation is that, if they are going to introduce some form of marker into the injections so that we can prove we have been vaccinated, they need to have that organized from the start. Same goes for any sort of database, certificates, or stamps.

The worst situation would be if some countries only accepted visitors with certain versions of certain vaccines.

Of course, the biggest problem may be that none of the vaccines are actually effective enough to act as an Open Sesame for international travel.

Spot on! I couldn't agree more!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1