U.S. President Trump and Melania test positive for COVID-19

webfact

Well, he managed to dodge further debates.  If this whole thing has any truth to it at all....

Courting a sympathy vote, perhaps?

What if he dies before the election?  If they bump up Pence as the candidate (which I doubt, there would be a stampede of contenders) it could be a GOP victory, as Pence is just an empty suit conservative rubber stamp.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, bendejo said:

Well, he managed to dodge further debates.  If this whole thing has any truth to it at all....

What if he dies before the election?  If they bump up Pence as the candidate (which I doubt, there would be a stampede of contenders) it could be a GOP victory, as Pence is just an empty suit conservative rubber stamp.

I don't see how this plays well for him. He didn't follow the guidelines set his how own advisory group. He mocked others who did.

12 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Yeah, just like Pericles in the midst of the Peloponnesian Wars.

Please,I am not having a go at you but History (a harsh mistress) must be served...

Pericles died in the early years of the Peloponnesian War of the plague-apposite  is it not?)

The middle part is generally considered to be (approx) the Sicilian Expedition of 215-213 BC.-Nikkias and Alkibiades being the chief offenders.

It is generally quite difficult to draw direct parallels with ancient times but the current Potus does strike me as a sort of Kleon..

May I recommend  Victor Davis Hanson's 'a War Like No Other' to all those who cannot even remember 1939-1945* and would wish other wars upon us?

1938 if you are Chinese...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I think it would definitely be Pence.

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Point taken but Pence is an extreme case. He has lost all dignity. Then there is the bald faced hypocrisy of him being such a pious man of God brown nosing the most immoral and corrupt president in American history. 

What?  How has Pence "lost all dignity"?

"...the most immoral and corrupt president in American history". 

The funny thing is you cannot back up that assertion rationally or empirically.

When you use the term "brown-nosing" don't forget that brown-nosing is every VP's and every potential VP's job, it's nothing peculiar to Pence, take the supremely hypocritical Biden and Harris, respectively, as examples.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, polpott said:

Save it. His wife and kids will be bickering over the inheritance as we speak.

inheritance?  weren't details of his tax records leaked......he's nearly bankrupt with about $450 million in debt coming due soon, along with pending criminal investigations in new york and elsewhere?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bendejo said:

If he were to die or become unfit to run then the Republican National Committee would choose a replacement candidate which would certainly be Pence, since he is the only one available who has also been nominated by the last R convention.  The RNC would also name a VP candidate.  Biden's victory would be assured.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Have nobody thinking what can be possible (slightly possible) If Donald not make it and he has infected Biden.Who also cant manage the election! One possible is that Pence and Harris are in election for president!

• Like 1