90 degree tyre valve extension

mercman24

anyone in PATTAYA know where i might purchase one of these , (yes i know LAZADA) been in a couple of shops now with no luck, all the garages round my area have a long brass fitting on the airline end , and on the rear of my Yamaha Xerox, the fitting fouls the drivetrain cover so i am unable to inflate the rear, (or does  anyone have one ? )    thanks KC

• Haha 1

On 10/6/2020 at 5:27 PM, KhaoYai said:

A commercial vehicle shop should be able to help you.  They use such extensions on twin wheel axles on trucks.

Or any decent tire shop that fits truck tires. Cockpit? Just go armed with a photo.

Hope you have better luck than me.

The spare on my Toyota puck-up is mounted at the back under the cargo area. Due to poor design the wheel is mounted with the valve facing up so to check the pressure you have to lower the wheel to get at the valve.

Spent practically a whole day going  round all the local motor/tyre places to look for an angled valve extension so I could check the pressure of the spare without winding it down of it's mounting each time.

Gave up on that and ordered a valve extension that looked like it would do the job from Lazada.

Unfortunately the quality of the extension from Lazada was really poor and didn't make an air tight secure fit so didn't bother to use it.

In the end I pumped the spare up to about 60lb and check it by hitting it with the wooden cut down hoe handle that I keep in the car for "emergencies"  :whistling:

Anyway good luck with your quest for an angled valve extension :smile:        

• Like 1

I also looked at Lazada ones and I thought this is going to add two more places that air can scape and if not good quality it will be more headache than help, so pass ..

But if I ever change valves on my bike's wheels I make sure I get some good quality angled ones installed...