sheet aluminum/aluminium

gingerandtabby

Need flaps built for large fan. Can't find any ready-made so will have to do it myself. Better yet if anyone knows a workman to do it. But first I need to find the sheet aluminum. I have found plenty of pre-made bars for window/shelving etc, but no sheeting. Have also asked those places where I can find some. No Thia seems to know or won't tell.

16 minutes ago, gingerandtabby said:

Thanks Dante99. Do you remember where that supply store was??

It was on the road to Prao about 14 kilometers North of Mae Joe on the East side.  I suggest you check near where you live, the larger building supply stores, not the little one or two shop house wides.  

• 3 weeks later...

Is the shop where you bought it a chain store ? What's it's name.

I need aluminium sheet too (1 to 2 mm thick) , and can't find it at global house nor Home pro. I asked local hardware shops and workplaces where they make aluminium windows, but they didn't have it.

Seems hard to find in thailand , maybe China ..

http://www.aluminumhm.com/products/aluminumsheet/

1 hour ago, FlorC said:

Seems hard to find in thailand , maybe China ..

Really?

1 hour ago, FlorC said:

Is the shop where you bought it a chain store ? What's it's name.

No not a chain store, no name, it was a family run building supply store.  Do you really think there would be a chain store in the location I mentioned other than a 7.

It was commonly used to cover the inside of plywood bathroom doors to protect from water damage before plastic doors were on the market.

Isn't there a lot of it used in making those prefab aluminum kitchen storage units, the ones with glass and sometimes screen sides?  

When you are asking around at the hardware shops, do you speak Thai ?  

1 hour ago, FlorC said:

I speak a little thai , but I have written aluminium sheet in thai on a paper and show it to them.

Does your Thai include the phrases in bold type?  or do you just show the paper with sheet aluminum on it in Thai?

"I am looking for sheet aluminum"  or

"Do you have sheet aluminum?"or

"I want to buy sheet aluminum."

"Help me please.  Where can I buy sheet aluminum?"

Nikkei Siam Aluminium Limited

Nikkei Siam Aluminium Limited, formerly known as Alcan Nikkei Siam Limited, is now 100% owned by Nippon Light Metal (NLM), a fully integrated aluminium company in Japan involved in all facets of aluminium industry worldwide.
Nikkei Siam Aluminium Limited is the leading manufacturer of aluminium sheet and foil products in Thailand. We are located in Pathumtani province which is about 47 km. north of Bangkok. The company employs about 300 person and has a sheet and foil rolling capacity of 20,000 metric tons and 7,000 metric tons per annum respectively.
We are the only rolling plant in Thailand with a hot rolling facility which enables us to produce a wide range of alloys and superior products to satisfy customers growing needs.
We are ISO-TS16949, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:00 PM, Dante99 said:

Does your Thai include the phrases in bold type?  or do you just show the paper with sheet aluminum on it in Thai?

"I am looking for sheet aluminum"  or

"Do you have sheet aluminum?"or

"I want to buy sheet aluminum."

"Help me please.  Where can I buy sheet aluminum?"

The first three are implied when I show the paper.

And "kun roo suu thinai" takes care of the 4th.

I get the "mai roo" .

The big companies don't sell small sheets to me.

I need retail.

10 hours ago, FlorC said:

The big companies don't sell small sheets to me.

I need retail.

The big companies do tell people who and where their distributors, dealers and re-seller customers are so that one could contact them for a small quantity.

How many square meters or 4'X8' sheets are you looking for roughly?

"square meters" ???

I only need a little to make a casing for electronics.

Without the corona thing , I'd be in europe now or next spring and there I still have some 1 and 2 mm in the basement or go to the DIY store . Since leaving Thailand is not possible ( or rather returning is ) , I try to find it here .

6 minutes ago, FlorC said:

"square meters" ???

I only need a little to make a casing for electronics.

Cut up a few beer cans.  No shop is going to cut a 4X8 sheet to sell you a bit unless they are a fabricator and have scrap.