Prayut challenges his successor to be greater, better, more honest

webfact

17 hours ago, webfact said:

In the speech, Prayut said the country’s educational system was not bad, but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty.

Translation:- The masses are getting to be intelligent and educated, it is time to go right back to the dark ages when the teachers word was lore, Thailand is the centre of the universe, obey anyone who wears a uniform, and above all never, ever, ever question the word of the ruling hi so class.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut challenges his successor to be greater, better, more honest...

Everything that he is not. Actually, the comparatives are unnecessary. It should be "Prayut challenges successor to be great, good and honest."

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut said the country’s educational system was not bad, but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty.

Yes.  The Thai education system is way too focused on fostering independent and critical thinking. ????

"In the speech, Prayut said the country’s educational system was not bad, but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty"

There we have it.....from the horses mouth.

Proves without any possible doubt, the level of intelligence he is capable of.

"I may die today/tomorrow"....wishful thinking on behalf of the Thai populace.

Please remove this flawed DNA example, for the sake of the human race.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fantom said:

Is this the honest man who, upon resigning from the army, continues living rent free in an army house?

Where I come from we call that a conflict of interest.

Along with live-in conscripts to do all the house chores, gardens etc. 

We currently have at least 2 ex-military brass on our housing estate with the same arrangement, and a couple of others with a casual arrangement. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Military coups legal now are they ?

Treason, probably one of the worst crimes a person can commit !

In the words of Julius Caesar:-

' I love treason, but I hate a traitor '

«In the speech, Prayut said the country’s educational system was not bad, but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty»

Seriously??? That man is far beyond my wildest imagination.....

North Korea is the ideal then....

'...but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty.' As other members have pointed out, this is a misguided view. I agree that patriotism, history and loyalty are perhaps morally important but in an ever changing, challenging, technologically advancing world, the need is for more academia not less.

Mr. PM you need to understand the old phrase 'time & tide wait for no one' because if you don't Thailand will slide forever backwards...perhaps that what you want.

• Like 1

Turning a blind eye to coruption is corrupt,   going against your own laws is corrupt , honesty starts within and with the ones who surround you and work under you , if you have an absolutely clear conscience that will say a lot 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Military coups legal now are they ?

Yes.

Prayut's coup was held legal by the Constitutional Court as ancillary to all the NCPO Orders ruled legal and binding; even though the NCPO  has been dissolved. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Yes.

Prayut's coup was held legal by the Constitutional Court as ancillary to all the NCPO Orders ruled legal and binding; even though the NCPO  has been dissolved. 

Yes after the fact he made what he did legal so that he and his ilk could never be held accountable for their actions, or future actions.   A real winner of a man who always had the idea in his head to pilfer the coffers and walk away with no repercussions. 

• Like 2

Prayut said the country’s educational system was not bad, but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty

This is one of the best statements I have seen to describe the mentality. after saying something like this no need to elaborate anything as it fully explains why things in this country are as backwards as they are... Fact being that the basic education already now is way too much focused on topics that he says is not enough. Wonder how he thinks about education systems in progressive north European countries that are fairly low on those submissive topics... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

'...but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty.' As other members have pointed out, this is a misguided view. I agree that patriotism, history and loyalty are perhaps morally important but in an ever changing, challenging, technologically advancing world, the need is for more academia not less.

Mr. PM you need to understand the old phrase 'time & tide wait for no one' because if you don't Thailand will slide forever backwards...perhaps that what you want.

Goes he really care what Thailand needs over his own wants? 

• Like 2