Prayut challenges his successor to be greater, better, more honest

webfact

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut challenges his successor to be greater, better, more honest

By The Nation

800_6af6dc316bfb941.jpg?v=1604645902

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has issued a challenge, saying the person who succeeds him should be greater, better and more honest.

According to Matichon, the premier made this declaration in a keynote address at the Thailand National Defence College on Thursday.

Though media were not allowed to attend the event, a video recording of the speech was released.

In the speech, Prayut said the country’s educational system was not bad, but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty.

“I hope the person who comes after me will be greater, better and more honest or as honest as me,” he said, adding that he was tired and bored of using his authority and power.

He said he had used his power to “nurture good people and punish bad people”, which was a really tough job.

Prayut wrapped up by saying he does not understand why people keep saying he has exploited his power, when he has done everything according to law.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397459

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-06

That one is not born yet!

• Like 1

I wonder if he truly believes he did good. A full Senate of yes Sir men. Not 1 academic educated man insight. No serious justice system reforms or law amendments. A strong stance against returning the country to the people. His real role was to prepare the country for democracy and ensuring a new justice system was in operation to ensure true democracy is possible. He did nothing of that nature. He partnered to ensure there will never be democracy. The new Hun Sen. Spare me your rubbish talk Prayut. Please stop rigging elections and paying off people.

Edited by tomauasia
  • Like 1

OMG, does that tiny little guy have a big giant ego! But, provided that Prayut’s successor is a somewhat decent guy, he can tick all those boxes (better, greater, more honest) after having been in office for five minutes, then flush Prayut’s legacy down the toilet and start from scratch. 

• Like 1

In the speech, Prayut said the country’s educational system was not bad, but it focused far too much on academics, when people should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty.

Mmmmm. Perhaps if the people are not educated and submit to the ruling party and Buddhism -- to guide them through life -- then they will not be able/want to change the status quo and will do exactly what the government want. Sounds a good idea. Force the people into a submissive state.

Perhaps Thailand's current best friend, that benevolent country China, will be able to help in this?

A bit like: ''Children were taught to believe that anyone not conforming to the Khmer laws were corrupt enemies. Khmer Rouge ideology stated that the only acceptable lifestyle was that of poor agricultural workers.''

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 2:24 PM, webfact said:

adding that he was tired and bored of using his authority and power.

He said he had used his power to “nurture good people and punish bad people”, which was a really tough job.

Prayut wrapped up by saying he does not understand why people keep saying he has exploited his power, when he has done everything according to law.

Sounds as he finally starts realizing that he's on borrowed time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

Sounds as he finally starts realizing that he's on borrowed time

Trouble is, when a governments credibility is brought into question from the outset, then it is long road of 'hard sell' to the public, which we witness on an almost daily basis, even if doing a reasonable job

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudi49jr said:

OMG, does that tiny little guy have a big giant ego! But, provided that Prayut’s successor is a somewhat decent guy, he can tick all those boxes (better, greater, more honest) after having been in office for five minutes, then flush Prayut’s legacy down the toilet and start from scratch. 

Except for the forever stacked senate, until that is changed nothing will improve

• Like 2

Tell us how you are going to help us? You are are wearing expensive suits and driving expensive cars.Mean while we have lost our business and losing everything due to the shout down.

9 months in to this shout down and we have received to relief package from the government. The same government that was running ads: it is time for Thailand. come and invest. Bunch of clowns that have no idea what human suffering is!!!!!

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 2:37 PM, greeneking said:

'should be educated about patriotism, history and loyalty.........'

completely misguided and backward. 

Translates as 'being blinkered, rote learning of myths and obedience.'

Sounds like a quote from the little red book.

Keep the people down and subservient 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 2:24 PM, webfact said:

“I hope the person who comes after me will be greater, better and more honest or as honest as me,”

Looking back the last decades only Abhisit comes to my mind. But it seems most Thai people don't want to vote for a smart and honest man.

The sheer hubris, arrogance and delusional idiocy of the man still stuns me.

What did I do wrong? I did everything tin accordance with the law. Education focuses too much on academics.

Good grief. You led a coup, how is that in accordance to with the law? When you had led the coup, you changed the law so that everything you did subsequently was in accordance with the laws you made. Just like some one before you changed the law so he wouldn't have to pay tax when he sold his business. You became PM as all the cronies you appointed voted for you to become PM. 

The list is endless, but the most worrying thing is the statement about education. Sounds to me like the sort of thing the Khmer Rouge thought about. Never mind academia, it should be 'phased out ' Just like it was next door. Let me ask, were you taught in the manner you are suggesting, or were you taught academically? Are you really so <deleted> scared of the educated people?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Loyalty, patriotism being taught in schools, is akin to what Hitler youth movement learned.  Surely school is about academia ?

Is he admitting his dishonesty in the speech??

He's not admitting his dishonesty as he doesn't understand what he said.

"Prayut wrapped up by saying he does not understand why people keep saying he has exploited his power, when he has done everything according to law.".

When an elected government is unlawfully replaced, and the existing laws, courts and legislative bodies are altered to give the illusion of legitimacy; the propaganda machine cannot alter the truth of the corruption.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2020 at 2:34 PM, colinneil said:

What !!!! person who succeeds him should be greater, better and more honest.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

The man is delusional, 99.99 % of the population are more honest than him.

have you been out and asked ALL the 99% of the population, or e mailed em all ???

• Haha 1