Trump does not plan to concede any time soon, aides and allies indicate

webfact

4 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Could be you don't know how the outlets actually determine when they make a call. A team of experts determine from what is remaining to count, where they are from and type of ballot. They wait until the surety is 99.7%

But . . . but . . . HILLARY'S EMAILS! And Russian hoax! I'm REALLY looking forward to the Mueller report finally being brought forth into the light of day because Billy Barr can't keep it under a rock any more. By the way, where has that miscreant got to?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, J Town said:

But . . . but . . . HILLARY'S EMAILS! And Russian hoax! I'm REALLY looking forward to the Mueller report finally being brought forth into the light of day because Billy Barr can't keep it under a rock any more. By the way, where has that miscreant got to?

He's probably hiding under the same rock he put the unredacted Mueller report. Just follow the leash that's affixed to trump's hand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's relative. The U.S. system, a very old constitutional  republic has been (yes I said has) an excellent example to the world in our remarkable record of peaceful transition of power after elections. Even in the civil war! The fact that the current president is assaulting that great tradition makes my blood boil. It's not an exaggeration to say that he's inciting civil war. And for what? Preservation of his bizarre psychological ego issues of being unable to accept loss and yes, more understandably to avoid prosecution and prison. I'm sorry. One man's selfish interest is not worth destroying a nation no matter if some people like his so called policies.

Yet here we are.

2 hours ago, J Town said:
9 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

FTR seeing the reaction to these issues, I want to see a full audit for each and every vote. Regardless of the media rage and how long it takes.

Sorry J Town,something wrong with the quote,i want to answer TopdeadSenter,

I absolutely agree with you 100% !!!!Recount each and every vote,multiple times if needed.

Lets put a time limit on it,one month at the most?

The result will be the same,Trump has lost and Biden will be the next president.

Can you accept that or are you going to come up with something else?

This voting process has been used for a very long time,is there something wrong with it?

Trump had four years to change it and now he whines about it?

I have seen the silliest excuses from Trump followers,among the words used are ,treason,stealing,fraud and corruption.

To those who are saying they believe God puts people in power and there fore Trump is the chosen one,if that is true than God has changed his mind.The new chosen one is Joe Biden!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

To those who are saying they believe God puts people in power and there fore Trump is the chosen one,if that is true than God has changed his mind.The new chosen one is Joe Biden!

George Bernard Shaw said God is on the side of the big battalions. Or in this case, voters.

Very sad. USA so angry and behind still C-19 not  caring . Bowling game a popular game. Trump plays a gutter ball and wants to say he  tossed a  strike?  wow!

Goolyarny lawyer makes  noises  about  not  playing with himself but  so why  not able to have  his movie scene  deleted.Not want him  to  negotiate  a contractt   for me !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Be serious.  Where was the constitutional crisis when the Supreme Court executed a judicial coup to steal the election for Bush in 2000?   You have to understand that the Republican Party since Gingrich has been committed to a strategy of minority rule since the electorate overwhelmingly supports a progressive agenda while the Rs support only the wealthy donor class.  The Rs need to find a president who can persuade the voters to vote against their own interests.  Bush was able to do that.  McCain and Romney couldn't.  Then along comes Trump whom they despise, but once he shows that he can win, then they are on the bandwagon full stop.  In addition, they rely on voter suppression, voter id laws, bogus claims of voting fraud, and gerrymandering to disenfranchise the majority which is carried out at every level of the R party from the counties and states to Congress to the Supreme Court.  Do you see any evidence of an interest in democracy here.  I don't.  Democracy is the Republicans' enemy.

As I said in my post, I don't think Trump's strategy is likely to work now since Biden will have 306 electoral votes which would make the coup much more difficult to pull off.  If the ev count between Trump and Biden were a lot closer and if Fox News and the Republicans in Congress were screaming "stop the steal" at the top of their lungs, and if hundreds of thousands of high school dropouts with AR-15s were marching across the country, then they would have had a good chance of pulling it off.  But that hasn't happened, so I think it will fail.  The Republicans would do that and more to steal the election if they could get away with it.

I am being serious. The Supreme Court in 2000 ruled on one disputed result, in one state, which changed the result. That judgement was accepted by the loser.

Were the Republican Party to engage in the shenanigans which you described, in multiple States, to set the scene for the selection process which you describe it would involve overturning both a significant electoral college lead and a significant majority in the popular vote. Whilst the likes of Gingrich and McConnell may be prepared to do so, and brazen it out, I expect many others in the party would not. It would for many ambitious politicians, be tantamount to a political suicide note, and I don't think that they would do that for Trump.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Hopefully everybody agrees the election result must be seen as legitimate. Proper investigations into Trump's claims must be made, and fast. If, as he claims, there is enough fraudulent/irregular activities to swap tightly fought state results from Dem to GOP then he could be elected President. More than a few dozen instances of fraud then a full audit of every vote nationwide must be done to ascertain the scale of wrongdoing. After the Russia fiasco we know the left take alleged election interference seriously enough to waste many years over. A full audit now would only take a few days.

Nothing to hide, nothing to fear.

Let him come with some proof first.

2 hours ago, J Town said:

One hears that he is believed to be searching for a really big rock to hide himself under, in the hope that everyone will forget about him.