Matte plastic what to clean with

VocalNeal

Funny enough the other day I was just putting a bit of WD-40 on a bit of metal that looked like rusted or it is going to rust, then it sprayed on some black plastic cover near the exhaust. So I just rubbed it with a rag I had in my hand and didn't think about it...

A few days later looked at the same place and notice the plastic cover part is so black, clean and shinny compared to the other section without WD-40 , I couldn't believe it....!, even after some rain here it looks like WD-40 is protected it and kept it really nice. After the next wash I'm planning to do all plastic parts with it, I recommend spray on a piece of clothes then rub it on.... (my friend also uses silicone spray...).

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1

It depends on the bike.

If it is something like a Dream or a Wave buying the part new may well be cheaper than buying silicone spray.

I recently replaced an unpainted black plastic part on an old Honda Dream I have and it was 120 Baht.  My reason for replacement was not cosmetic but whatever the reason it's pretty cheap.

• Like 1

I've been using this "303 Aerospace Protectant" spray for years now and it keeps all the plastic parts of my bikes looks new. Last long as well and not greasy. I think this is originally designed for boats as a UV protectant. A single bottle last more than a year as I rarely find the need to reapply even when it's raining. 

Edited by alx123