COVID-19 Almost Over

Jillie Norman

We are nearing the end of this year. Although there's a hopeful thought that the pandemic will be gone along with it, it's highly unlikely. The most affected industry is the tourism as we are all urged to stay home. Some have invented some kind of virtual tour and such. What do you guys think of this? Will this be the new tourism for a couple of years or so?

If Covid-19 was not bad enough already with the second wave hitting, what will make it worse for people are total and complete lockdowns and shutdowns like South Australia will be facing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/outdoor-exercise-banned-in-one-of-worlds-toughest-lockdowns/ar-BB1b9cXN

The US will more than likely follow suit after Biden is installed, and where will that leave the rest of the world.  This thing is definitely not going away anytime soon.  Everyone needs to get on the same page and do the right things in order to make this Virus a non entity.  However, I am not totally convinced that vaccines are the way to go and whether or not they will have the efficacy needed to cover all, much like the annual Flu Jab's people get, and yet still come down with it.  It might slow it down some, but who really knows.

• Like 2

I read yesterday that they found a new mutation in Australia.....more virulent and more contagious. I think the future of COVID and the time scale will depend on the efficacy of the newly discovered vaccines against mutations. 

I wouldn't bet on re-opening of Thailand next year.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I read yesterday that they found a new mutation in Australia.....more virulent and more contagious. I think the future of COVID and the time scale will depend on the efficacy of the newly discovered vaccines against mutations. 

I wouldn't bet on re-opening of Thailand next year.

Just reading the news, looks  like in Japan just come the third wave..

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's clearly not almost over. We're still closer to the beginning than the end. I agree it will eventually be a kind of "manageable" endemic but first we need to vaccinate most of the entire world. 

Yes this strain  will become manageable but that'll probably happen as we're dealing with  another one of the 800,000 similar known  viruses which can be fatal to man.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, papa al said:

papa is 71.

Have never had the flu.

Have never been vaccinated vs. flu.

Same my parents.

Is that not natural resistance?

Maybe papa's luck will hold out and maybe it won't.   I hope for the former.

Maybe papa should consider getting a  vaccination for  this deadly virus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

Well to answer the OP. I'm not a fan of virtual tourism, I'd rather see a movie. I certainly wouldn't part with any of my hard earned to go on a virtual tour. Call me old fashioned, but I like my swims real, my beers cold, my girlfriends warm and my colours vivid through my own eyes.

Did you see Strange Days? If they manage to make a headpiece that makes it as real as that, I for one would be happy to travel virtually in that way.

1 hour ago, papa al said:

papa is 71.

Have never had the flu.

Have never been vaccinated vs. flu.

Same my parents.

Is that not natural resistance?

There is no natural resistance to flu that I know of. That's because it mutates and bypasses any defense from a vaccine or infection for a previous version. Which is why we need a new vaccine every year for flu.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

( one could think that the virus is just a part of the planet's immune system , designed to neutralize the threat humans impose on the ecosystem , the biosphere and even the atmosphere )

That is what I believe. IMO Gaia has recognised humanity as a threat to the planet's health, with rampant pollution, forest burning and over exploitation of resources. Starvation, thirst and disease are pretty effective ways of reducing population since war stopped doing so.

Somewhat ironic if humanity killed itself off because there are just too many of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1