‘Bad Student’ group gets ready to hit govt ‘dinosaurs’ with ‘meteors’ on Saturday

webfact

If I knew exactly what they wanted then I may be able to form a reasonable opinion on this. At the moment all I can see, even if there are 30,000 on them on the street, is 1 in every 2000 Thais wanting a 'change'.  The Thais I mainly encounter are in business and strangely enough they aren't on the streets with the protestors.

Is it all to do with wanting extra pocket money?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

21 hours ago, webfact said:

“We demanded reforms in the education sector, but these dinosaurs did not respond. So, we [the students] will say everything these dinosaurs don’t want to hear,” the group said

Prayuts little children biting back... excellent.

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

If I knew exactly what they wanted then I may be able to form a reasonable opinion on this. At the moment all I can see, even if there are 30,000 on them on the street, is 1 in every 2000 Thais wanting a 'change'.  The Thais I mainly encounter are in business and strangely enough they aren't on the streets with the protestors.

Is it all to do with wanting extra pocket money?

At this stage businesses will not comment or get involved they have too much to lose and are easy fodder for the government.  The changes that are desired have been announced.

• Thanks 1

I thought these were smart college students, a couple of hundred dollars worth of capacitors and such on an RC car overloaded under one of the very expensive water cannon trucks, problem solved.

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And somehow they seem to think other people should take their demands serious. Amazing Thailand.

Of course Thailand needs improvement. But I don't think these students have a successful strategy. Maybe they should study and think more and protest less.

Or watch videos of the protests in the US France and some other countries and see how it's done 

• Confused 1

I remember saying so many times that Thais will not stand up and fight for their rights.  They will wai and crawl on their knees before the junta and obey like robots.  Well, I gotta man up and say I was VERY wrong.  These youngsters are brave!  I don't see any sign of them breaking or bowing out.  I'm proud of them.

• Like 2

It is easy to see videos of the protests - just go on the internet to any foreign news site, or any foreign news channel on Thai TV ..... on my AIS internet TV service i can get 6 different news services in English, all covering the protests.