Joke in bad taste lands actress in trouble with LGBTQI community

webfact

3 minutes ago, katana said:

800_73ce33ed32714b6.jpg?v=1607413774

I think the purple pee bit comes from the on the spot drug test the Thai police do in clubs for methamphetamine use where they test your pee and a positive sample turns purple. So she was linking them to recreational drug use.

Is there a lot of  use drugs in the program? 

19 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

If we continue this folly, LGBTQI will soon have morphed into into a tapeworm construct like LGBTQIXVUP or god knows what else...

Wasn't L (lesbian), G (gay), B (bisexual), and T (transsexual) quite all-inclusive enough for the PC twits that seem to have taken over the world? What the heck is I (intersex)????

I dont know but sounds worth trying !

Then maybe outersex also !

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Many netizens also panned the Thai entertainment industry for choosing actors of the wrong gender to play LGBTQI roles instead of actual LGBTQI persons.

For goodness sake, get a life. Too many letters now.

Actors act roles. Get a straight actor playing straight roles first. Then complain... 

16 hours ago, tgw said:

well, it was a line in bad taste, I don't think she put much forethought in that, honest "oops", nothing to make something big out of it.

choosing the wrong people to play transgenders though is a criticism I share. transgenders we generally see on TV are rarely very feminine looking, and none I saw so far can rival with the most beautiful transgenders seen in cabaret shows.

maybe there is a problem with "kiss" scenes and the subsequent gossip "look! actor X kissed a man". but actors can accept or reject scenarios, and I would expect at least a number of actors to be professional enough to not have a problem with it.

where it becomes puzzling, is that even in the Western TV world, we just don't see very feminine looking transgenders in these roles. I watched a bit the US series "Pose", and all transgenders shown are "obvious", none could be mistaken for a woman.

I agree. I also maintain the the best looking 'women' in Thailand are actually men, and if a 'woman' looks unbelievably stunning, then 'she's' likely to be a man.  So beware!   555

• Like 1

17 hours ago, simon43 said:

I detest the misappropriation of the words 'gay' and 'queer'.  In my youth, you can use these words to describe happy and strange scenarios.  The true meaning of these words has been 'stolen'....

When you're with the Flintstones
Have a yabba dabba doo time
A dabba doo time
We'll have a gay old time

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

LGBTQI covers lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex.

this is unfair!
please change to: LGBTQI3

My inclination to fancy not screen size, but 3-dimensional real usual people of the female gender is being ignored !
I feel discriminated !!

23 hours ago, webfact said:

This comment drew criticism from people in the LGBTQI community, with many accusing her of making fun of the third gender.

There are Only Two Genders Male & Female so she can make as much fun as she want for the Other Lot.

On 12/8/2020 at 7:04 PM, webfact said:

Many netizens also panned the Thai entertainment industry for choosing actors of the wrong gender to play LGBTQI roles instead of actual LGBTQI persons.

LGBTQ is NOT a gender, it is sexual orientation.

Intersex is not a gender either, nor is it a sexual orientation

Edited by RJRS1301

When you go to ANY Soi.. Always look at the Adams apple, and if you are not sure.... GRAB with the cup of your hand... If you have IKEA meatballs.. Well, that is a no no... If you have smooth flesh.. Then we are on for a good night....

• Confused 2