UK tells EU: back down by Sunday night or we'll walk

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

there is no such thing as sovereign territory when it comes to global trades, this is not 1750

you can't have both, it's that simple

hence pipedream ????

UK has signed up a trade deal starters with a lot of important countries in the last few weeks, tell me how that is a pipe dream..?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Bet you're thankful you are not British eh....????..............????

On my both knees i thank my parents for that, what it could become ,  seeing what it  represent in you    ????

????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

On my both knees i thank my parents for that, what it could become ,  seeing what it  represent in you    ????

????

Your parents did that when the Brits crossed the channel to help them out, twice.....????......................:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, we all have differing opinions and reasons for voting Brexit .

IMO, immigration needed to be controlled , other people may or may not think likewise .

But @vogie is telling me you all voted for Brexit for the same reasons and you all wanted a no deal Brexit.

You are saying you voted for Brexit because of immigration and @JonnyF is telling me Brexit is nothing to do with immigration.

But you all claim you knew what you were voting for.

I'm starting to suspect that might not actually be right. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

UK has signed up a trade deal starters with a lot of important countries in the last few weeks, tell me how that is a pipe dream..?

Do they come anywhere near the amount of trade we do with the EU?

No?

Insignificant then really.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Your parents did that when the Brits crossed the channel to help them out, twice.....????......................:thumbsup:

you really can not help it  .... i told you before ...,your  ww1 an ww2 syndrome .... they have med's for that you know ? ????

Seems Brits live always in the past ..... dont you have a future in mind ? The present looks to grim anyway ????

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/dec/13/brexit-is-the-worst-decision-of-modern-times-why-are-its-critics-in-cabinet-so-silent

This government will be – and should be – held responsible for quite simply the worst peacetime decision of modern times. I know of members of the cabinet who believe this as firmly as I do. I cannot understand their silence.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 2

REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on common rules ensuring basic road freight and road passenger connectivity following the end of the transition period mentioned in the Agreement

A level playing field requires that, even after the end of the transition period, the United Kingdom continues to apply sufficiently high

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/com_826_1_en_act_part1_v1.pdf

https://ec.europa.eu/info/publications/communication-commission-limited-contingency-measures-absence-agreement-future-partnership-united-kingdom_en

in defense to the Brexitteers, they had plenty of reasons to be mad with their politicians for the last 20 years, they were being neglected, and yes they did live in the past simply because their idiot politicians were not offering a clear roadmap for a better future and kept blaming the EU for their constant failures to achieve anything in the present

but Brexiteers are misguided to think things will improve sans deal, it will actually get worse

or well, live and learn, and let's meet again for that deal in 6 months ????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Do they come anywhere near the amount of trade we do with the EU?

No?

Insignificant then really.

Really, well everything starts somewhere, and the world has opened its doors to show their support for the UK..But don't you worry, Scotland will be part of the UK for many years to come to reap those benefits...????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Who ever is right rookie we are all going to end up with the same result, even you, isn't it exciting.

Not really. I'm sitting here in sunny Thailand thinking about having a gin and tonic out in the garden.

Its the people in the UK who are going to suffer because of Brexit. Do you not have even the slightest bit of sympathy for them at all?

Oh and the guys over here trying to live on the worst pension in the Europe and a pound thats lost 20% against the Baht. No sympathy for them?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

"That's nothing", really, so what is the EU trying to do as we speak, sign something perhaps.....????

You are just one of those that wants the UK to fail, you vil go on my list, Pike.....????

????

you think things will not get worse in 6 months? let's revisit this thread then, shall we?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrandPapillon said:

in defense to the Brexitteers, they had plenty of reasons to be mad with their politicians for the last 20 years, they were being neglected, and yes they did live in the past simply because their idiot politicians were not offering a clear roadmap for a better future and kept blaming the EU for their constant failures to achieve anything in the present

but Brexiteers are misguided to think things will improve sans deal, it will actually get worse

or well, live and learn, and let's meet again for that deal in 6 months ????

Not more crystal ball stuff......????

1 minute ago, transam said:

Not more crystal ball stuff......????

Brexiteers have the crystal ball market cornered.

Its how you knew what you were voting for ????

I wonder where they all get made? Better get a trade deal signed with them pronto.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrandPapillon said:

????

you think things will not get worse in 6 months? let's revisit this thread then, shall we?

Probably will, but looking at previous dilemmas the UK got over, it took time, 1939 comes to mind.

But hey, there will always be people like you spouting negative stuff about the UK, even Brits, there are a couple posting here.....????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Really, well everything starts somewhere, and the world has opened its doors to show their support for the UK..But don't you worry, Scotland will be part of the UK for many years to come to reap those benefits...????

You Brexiteers just tore up the act of union.

An overwhelming victory in the May elections for Hollyrood and its hasta la vista baby.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

I wonder where they all get made? Better get a trade deal signed with them pronto.

Don't you worry yourself, you will be taken care of, we have always taken care of the Scots.....????

• Haha 2

"While both sides want a deal on the terms of a new relationship, they have fundamentally different views of what it entails. The EU fears Britain will slash social and environmental standards and pump state money into U.K. industries, becoming a low-regulation economic rival on the bloc’s doorstep, so is demanding strict “level playing field” guarantees in exchange for access to its markets.

The U.K. government claims the EU is trying to bind Britain to the bloc’s rules and regulations indefinitely, rather than treating it as an independent nation."

Deadline comes knocking: Is there hope left for Brexit deal? (apnews.com)

I think that resumes clearly the situation.

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Probably will, but looking at previous dilemmas the UK got over, it took time, 1939 comes to mind.

But hey, there will always be people like you spouting negative stuff about the UK, even Brits, there are a couple posting here.....????

you read me wrong, I am all for Brexit ????

The UK is run by dangerous fools and I feel sorry for the poor honorable Brits who will have to endure their stupid decisions 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Not really. I'm sitting here in sunny Thailand thinking about having a gin and tonic out in the garden.

Its the people in the UK who are going to suffer because of Brexit. Do you not have even the slightest bit of sympathy for them at all?

Oh and the guys over here trying to live on the worst pension in the Europe and a pound thats lost 20% against the Baht. No sympathy for them?

I wouldn't mind betting that when we voted for the two choices of leave or remain most people would not have let the currency rates here in Thailand influence their decision one way or another, would that be a fair assumption rookie?

And you saying that people will suffer doesn't mean that they will, infact if it is like all your other predictions, I would have thought quite the opposite.????

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Better ask spidey, I'm sure he is still around.????????????

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I wouldn't mind betting that when we voted for the two choices of leave or remain most people would not have let the currency rates here in Thailand influence their decision one way or another, would that be a fair assumption rookie?

And you saying that people will suffer doesn't mean that they will, infact if it is like all your other predictions, I would have thought quite the opposite.????

You have evidence that the UK will not suffer?

Because there is plenty of evidence to say it will. Ranging from the Bank of England to business leaders and indeed the UK's own government.

I asked if you had sympathy for those people not whether it influenced your vote.

Given that the official leave campaign did not influence you I would be astonished if it had. 

• Like 2