Working with power tools - where? What are the options?

OneMoreFarang

Until now I use from time to time an electric drill at home or other tools which don't make much noise.

But now I think about maybe buying an electric saw or other power tools which make some or even a lot of noise.

I don't plan to use them very often, and definitely only in daytime. But where?

Would it be possible to sound isolate a room in a condominium enough to use such tools?

I guess if that is possible then there is still the problem with air which has to be extracted to the outside.

So how about a hobby room or something like that? Is it possible to rent maybe a 20 sqm room in which I can use power tools without problems?

Such a room should have good enough security to leave a couple of tools in there without worrying about burglars. A shower would also be nice.

This is about someone (me) who lives in a condominium in the middle of Bangkok.

What are the options?

Does anybody of you have such a workshop?

17 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I would look around local places to see if there is a local workshop that allows for outside users.

Up here in Udon there is a workshop that charges ฿180 per hour including the use of all the power tools and machines they have. That could be an option.

Thanks, do you know how Thais would call such a place?

I would think is you are using them intermittently between nine and five I doubt it would be much of an issue. Most power tools make far less noise than does a hammer-drill. Buy a few things and see if you lose interest quickly. 

If you really get into it you could rent (as someone else suggested) a shophouse pretty cheap (~10-20K) if you can travel a little bit. You can do most anything you want and it gives you a butt-load of storage as well.

• Like 1