Netizens go bananas! Hi-So in a Porsche parks in a handicapped bay and does his shopping

webfact

Netizens go bananas! Hi-So in a Porsche parks in a handicapped bay and does his shopping

8pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai social media went ballistic after a handicapped people's rights group posted online.

A man in a yellow Porsche - who Accessibility is Freedom  said was the younger brother of a Hi-So - parked his multi million baht vehicle in a space designated for the handicapped. 

He then went inside to do his shopping without a care in the world. 

The incident appeared to have happened in the Jaran (Sanitwong) area of Bangkok at a supermarket known for its 24 hour opening. 

A security guard when told just shook his head and muttered something about bad behavior not necessarily being connected to wealth.

One poster listed by Daily News said that if the guy had been able to park right in front of the supermarket doors, he probably would have done. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-14

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, colinneil said:
25 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

The outraged people don't have a Porsche. ????

It would be less if it was an old Nissan March. 

Clearly judging by your comment, you are not disabled, you are just as bad as the Porsche driver.

I think quite rightly and yes sadly, he was just saying a "bog standard" car parked although obviously wrong would have probably not raised any interest or at least far less interest with people

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yes it's bad.

No, they (rich snobs) don't think or care.

But most of the people on here commenting have been brought up in countries where we understand the rules about handicapped parking spaces. Thais have no idea, and let's note that there is another handicapped space available.

Fortuner drivers do this all the time and it's not news.

Muppets park at my 7Eleven more selfishly than this, and it's not news.

Isn't there something more exciting to moan about today?

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

The story here is NOT the selfish parking of a hi-so with no respect, but the fact that he stooped so low as to do his own shopping !

Can't be much of a hi-so, eh?

Even I send the mae bahn out to do my shopping and my three year-old is now just about big enough to handle bringing daddy two large beers from the mom 'n' pop down the street. He's still a bit hit-and-miss with the eggs though.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kotsak said:

I think the outraged people are wrong.. The driver is clearly handicapped.. Brain handicapped to be precise..

Some years ago in US I recall some 16 yr old rich kid using defense of being rich ("affluenza") led him to be irresponsible as if it were a handicapping condition. Got 10 years probation.

"..Couch's attorneys had argued that Couch had "affluenza" and needed rehabilitation instead of prison, arguing that Couch had no understanding of boundaries as his affluent parents had never given him any" Sound familiar? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Couch

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

One of the many things I love about Thailand is most plazas I shop at have allocated supercar carparking.

It is very handy and always in a convenient location and they keep an eye on your car. Occasionally you get a pleb trying to park in the spots allocated for us but generally they do a very good job keeping them out. 

91462C9F-E334-4D88-90FE-322593ED5C68.jpeg

D6871902-D04F-42B6-8968-2DBA52BEFD57.jpeg

C0C4F6FA-A719-4307-B542-B5C10B70031A.jpeg