Millions of Americans lose jobless benefits as Trump refuses to sign aid bill

rooster59

Look, the chap has obviously had a road to Damascus conversion. You can imagine the score - blinding flash of lightning from the heavens, Trump falls of his horse ( well golf buggy), deep baritone voice from the cloud " Donald, Donald, sin no more, pick yourself up and follow my way..."

If it was good enough for Saint Paul, it is good enough for Donald Trump!

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Nope...just getting back a small bit of the money it's taken from me under the threat of imprisonment. You do understand that every dollar the Federal government possesses was taken from its citizens?

No, no one should understand it because it's not true. If it were true, there would be no national debt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Republican Rep Says Pelosi Stuffed Bill With 'Pork,' Hindering GOP Support for $2,000 Checks

Republican Colorado Congressman Ken Buck claimed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi packed the COVID-19 relief bill with "pork," hampering GOP backing for $2,000 stimulus payments rather than $600.

"Nancy Pelosi gave the members of the House just a few hours to read six thousand pages of legislation, she did that because she had stuffed this bill full of pork," Buck said on Fox & Friends on Saturday.

The congressman noted the COVID relief bill included funding for two new women's history museums, social engineering programs in Pakistan, and a panel to examine a succession to the Dalai Lama.

Read more here:  https://www.newsweek.com/republican-rep-says-pelosi-stuffed-bill-pork-hindering-gop-support-2000-checks-1557432

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, metisdead said:

Republican Rep Says Pelosi Stuffed Bill With 'Pork,' Hindering GOP Support for $2,000 Checks

Republican Colorado Congressman Ken Buck claimed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi packed the COVID-19 relief bill with "pork," hampering GOP backing for $2,000 stimulus payments rather than $600.

"Nancy Pelosi gave the members of the House just a few hours to read six thousand pages of legislation, she did that because she had stuffed this bill full of pork," Buck said on Fox & Friends on Saturday.

The congressman noted the COVID relief bill included funding for two new women's history museums, social engineering programs in Pakistan, and a panel to examine a succession to the Dalai Lama.

Read more here:  https://www.newsweek.com/republican-rep-says-pelosi-stuffed-bill-pork-hindering-gop-support-2000-checks-1557432

Most of the so called 'pork' programs, including funding for women's rights efforts in Pakistan which trump objects to had funding allocated in trump's 2021 budget. For months trump had briefings from Mnuchin yet did nothing. trump has yet again left a member of his team deeply compromised and embarrassed for attempted political self gain with his base.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 7:15 PM, placeholder said:

You're confusing exchange rates with inflation.

Maybe, But while the official inflation rate has not gone up much the cost of things in the USA is rising fast! The cost of housing and about everything relating to housing is going up like crazy! I'm in that business there. The exchange rate has dropped a lot in the last few years and looks like it will continue to to so? With the huge deficit spending in the USA I expect it to continue.

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Look, the chap has obviously had a road to Damascus conversion. You can imagine the score - blinding flash of lightning from the heavens, Trump falls of his horse ( well golf buggy), deep baritone voice from the cloud " Donald, Donald, sin no more, pick yourself up and follow my way..."

If it was good enough for Saint Paul, it is good enough for Donald Trump!

And not one word of what you posted is based in reality.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, J Town said:

And not one word of what you posted is based in reality.

Well you know the account I posted wasn't really meant to be based on reality, whethe or not one believes the account of the conversion of Saul!

Perhaps one could agree that it is entirely detached from reality, somewhat like the present incumbent of the office of President of The United States?

• Like 1

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

Well you know the account I posted wasn't really meant to be based on reality, whethe or not one believes the account of the conversion of Saul!

Perhaps one could agree that it is entirely detached from reality, somewhat like the present incumbent of the office of President of The United States?

You just said what I did but with a whole lot more words! ????