Mall attack settled: Norwegian pays 30K to Thai lady shopper he kicked after trolley misunderstanding

webfact

2 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

The injured party kicked it off at Bht 40,000..... It was bargained down to thirty. The OP says it quite plainly!!

Yes i can read however there's not explanation for amount.

Compensation is normally based on loss of earnings ( time not able to attend work ) and / or cost of hospital bills ( couple of bruises? ).

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Just now, bobbin said:

jeez HBH.. keep up. Asking why the payoff?

Read the story. He left visible marks in a lop-sided attack. Big guy. Small woman.

It's not rocket science...

Jeez Bobin,

I'm not asking why the pay off i'm asking why that amount, it's not rocket science to read that, is it?

1 minute ago, UncleMhee said:

You obviously have NFBI of how things work here. You're not in Kansas now Dorothy.....or wherever it is your basing your knowledge of compensation law on. TIT

Not a clue petal, i have no idea.

But should farangs continue to get walked all over like this so be it...

Are you one of them?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mai mee said:

If he had kicked a small woman twice (one of them after an apology) in ANY western country it would have cost him a LOT more than a thousand bucks. He WOULD be in jail and his legal expenses would be a minimum of ten times that amount, even if the criminal charges were eventually dismissed or downgraded to a misdemeanor.

He got a BARGAIN.

Utter nonsense.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3