Thailand to get 2m doses of vaccine from Feb: Anutin

snoop1130

1 hour ago, misterjames said:

They ordered 26 million doses of the Oxford vaccine from UK but I speculate the Oxford vaccine will go to the richest people while the poor will probably get some shady Chinese one.

'speculate' being the key word.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

That will be one each for every general what about the second dose ????

That's good enough for now.  UK is only giving 1 dose of the AstraZeneca one and not trying to reserve enough to cover a second dose.  They are saying you can wait up till 12 weeks for the 2nd dose so they probably figure they will have enough on hand by then.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand to get 2m doses of vaccine from Feb: Anutin

By The Nation

800_eb88f3688434b21.jpg

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul

The first batch of 2 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine will arrive in Thailand from February, said Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on Thursday.

The first group of Thais to be vaccinated will be community public health volunteers, as they are in the front line of the virus battle, said Anutin. He has instructed the Food and Drug Administration to prepare regulations for the vaccine's approval.

Anutin did not identify the manufacturer of Thailand's first batch but said the ministry had negotiated a purchase price of US$17 per dose. Next week it will ask the Cabinet to approve a Bt1.17 billion budget for procurement of the 2 million doses.

The ministry had also made efforts to procure vaccine fromas many sources as possible, said Anutin.

The ministry is negotiating with AstraZeneca for an additional 26 million doses on top of the purchase agreement in November for the first batch of 26 million doses.

Thailand is currently struggling with a fresh outbreak of the virus.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400538

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-12-31

He can shove it up his <deleted> ass the <deleted>! I want to see him and Prayut take the stuff into their veins first. If they do that publicly there will be a good chance that they are only doing glucose shots, they going to want to test it in others first, and I bet it will be the poor before the rich just like he said. They are the least important when there are side effects no one knew about. 

Anutin did not identify the manufacturer of Thailand's first batch but said the ministry had negotiated a purchase price of US$17 per dose. Next week it will ask the Cabinet to approve a Bt1.17 billion budget for procurement of the 2 million doses.

The Turkish couple with German passports, also called the BioNTech, together with Pfizer have guidelines for the vaccine. 

It doesn't matter where they buy it from, BioNTech, Moderna, or AstraZeneca, I have my doubts that Thailand can handle the cooling chain from production line to the  hospitals, clinics and doctors.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-europe-vaccines-germa/cold-chain-doubts-delay-covid-19-vaccinations-in-some-german-cities-idUSKBN2910G8 

"The vaccine, which uses new so-called mRNA technology, must be stored at ultra-low temperatures of about -70 degrees Celsius (-112°F) before being shipped to distribution centres in specially designed cool boxes filled with dry ice.

Once out of ultra-low temperature storage, the vaccine must be kept at 2C to 8C to remain effective for up to five days. The cool boxes designed by Pfizer are fitted with GPS trackers so the companies can deal with potential storage issues en route."

I receive two different medications each month that both should not be stored over 10 degrees Celsius. 

It's written on the package and it's obvious that they are storing it at 20 to 35 degrees.

I saw where they pulled it out, in a room that isn't even airconditioned.

I've tried to tell them that they store it wrongly, but what does a Farang know?

In one month, the virus can easily mutate into something that's not treatable anymore, or the vaccination doesn't help for a particular strain.

Nobody really knows it now, they only come up with assumptions that the first one could also work for the mutated virus.

Truth, or fiction? We'll soon find out. 

Edited by teacherclaire
  • Like 2

if i was paying out all that money id like to know what i was buying.so its COVAX and its non transparent,nonsense you pay that money someone knows what they are getting and what theyre paying for it. its really that simple.all other countries seem to know.and as we continue down that street the do do thickens and undoubtably leads to some bank acc somewhere that.........

• Thanks 1