More than 22,000 hospital beds readied as hundreds more cases found

rooster59

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Viral load is measured in blood levels. If a person who has a viral infection detected in the blood, symptomatic or  not, they are post incubation and their immune  response  is underway. The presence of an original virus source is irrelevant at that point.

No he's made his mind up your wrong. Thailand is dense. Thais are so stupid blah blah blah Diddy blah. Oh yeah and I'm silly too

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No Thai bashing, yes there are field hospitals like this elsewhere, but the beds are secured with there own protective barriers.  Silly response by you really when all it is doing is creating a dormitory style environment.  You may not agree, but it is.  The idea of isolation is to keep people away from each other whether asymptomatic or symptomatic.

Wrong.

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I think they know that in 2-ish weeks it's about to explode.

So why let everyone travel about over New Year? 

They should have had a handle on this since the Samut Sakhon outbreak was first discovered.

As well as they did with the first wave it was inevitable that the usual inaction and incompetence would raise itself to the fore eventually.

To quote Carmine Lupertazzi Jr., "you're at the precipice....of an enormous crossroads."

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

So why let everyone travel about over New Year? 

They should have had a handle on this since the Samut Sakhon outbreak was first discovered.

As well as they did with the first wave it was inevitable that the usual inaction and incompetence would raise itself to the fore eventually.

To quote Carmine Lupertazzi Jr., "you're at the precipice....of an enormous crossroads."

You seem a bit behind the curve. Ace TVF Virologists, knowing all about Thailand's inaction and incompetence in comparison to themselves, have insisted from the very beginning Thailand's always had a vast number of cases--worse of course than in the UK, where the crisis has been so effectively handled--but merely covering up all the cases for reasons of "face-saving." (Thai psychology has been learned via close readings of Money Number One, decades ago, or parroted therefrom.)

It was never clear, however, how all the cases being hospitalized, and the countless inevitable deaths, were hidden from the public.

So what you and our other ace Virologists now advising on how to handle the crisis, like the UK did, need to do is explain why the face-saving was suddenly dropped or the cases now come to light, somehow. WOT???

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You seem a bit behind the curve. Ace TVF Virologists, knowing all about Thailand's inaction and incompetence in comparison to themselves, have insisted from the very beginning Thailand's always had a vast number of cases--worse of course than in the UK, where the crisis has been so effectively handled--but merely covering up all the cases for reasons of "face-saving." (Thai psychology has been learned via close readings of Money Number One, decades ago, or parroted therefrom.)

It was never clear, however, how all the cases being hospitalized were hidden from the public.

So what you and our other ace Virologists now advising on how to handle the crisis, like the UK did, need to do is explain why the face-saving was suddenly dropped or the cases now come to light, somehow. WOT???

Facts make way for the narrative.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The hotel my daughter works at in Chiang Mai had a Covid 19 guest that had arrived on

a plane from Raynong, as she was working night shift,she had no contact

with the guest,but the manager and a receptionist have to stay at home

for 14 days, everyone has been tested and all negative, i think it's about

time the Government and TAT ,stopped promoting holidays.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The hotel my daughter works at in Chiang Mai had a Covid 19 guest that had arrived on

a plane from Raynong, as she was working night shift,she had no contact

with the guest,but the manager and a receptionist have to stay at home

for 14 days, everyone has been tested and all negative, i think it's about

regards Worgeordie

Please clarify ... was it from  Rayong or Ranong  cos I never heard of Raynong.

So many warnings that Thailand was still vulnerable to outbreaks of covid, but still the Thai people felt that they had "beaten covid" and that they no longer needed to be as cautious.  Even now Thais appear to be very lax.

It's hard not to feel that the attitudes of some Thai people have at least played a small part in exacerbating this new outbreak.

This is especially frustrating when some Thais continue to treat Westerners as though they have the virus simply by the nature of being Western, when the current outbreak is likely being spread mostly by Thais.

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

It was never clear, however, how all the cases being hospitalized, and the countless inevitable deaths, were hidden from the public.

I merely commented why the Thai authorities did not manage to repeat their previous good performance in dealing with the outbreak during the first wave? No need to get your knickers all in a bunch about the current debacle. And it is a debacle, judging by the myriad of incomprehensible announcements, u-turns and confusion we are now witnessing. 

How is the competence and diligence  of the Thai authorities working out for all those go-go bars and other 'businesses' you like to frequent in Pattaya mate?

Not very well by the looks of things.

Chok dee khrap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

i think it's about

Just because you know of one case in one hotel???  That you should be a government adviser on this basis! 

Edited by PGSan
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I merely commented why the Thai authorities did not manage to repeat their previous good performance in dealing with the outbreak during the first wave? No need to get your knickers all in a bunch about the current debacle. And it is a debacle, judging by the myriad of incomprehensible announcements, u-turns and confusion we are now witnessing. 

How is the competence and diligence  of the Thai authorities working out for all those go-go bars and other 'businesses' you like to frequent in Pattaya mate?

Not very well by the looks of things.

Chok dee khrap.

The primary difference between now and then is the current outbreak is due to the G614 strain, which ravaged the West. It tends to produce big clusters as we are seeing now. The first wave in Asia was a slow poke D614 strain.

This may be beyond Thai COVID-19 controls but I wish them all the luck.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

Selection_002.jpg.8eb81d36543b2d9368902e568018c62a.jpg

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Mild symptoms of Covid-19 can include fever, cough, sore throat, malaise, headache, muscle pain, congestion or runny nose, loss of taste or smell, and diarrhea, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; NOT shortness of breath etc.

Assumptions:

• People with mild conditions (incl. asymptomatic) don't need to be HOSPITALISED
  • People with mild conditions (incl. asymptomatic) hardly die from Covid
  • Thai statistical numbers are similar to the global numbers
  • HOSPITAL beds are NOT filled up with People with mild conditions (incl. asymptomatic)

Now Thailand has an additional 22,690 HOSPITAL beds been prepared to serve Covid-19 patients.
At the moment Thailand has 7,163 active Covid cases, which include asymptomatic and mild cases (99.5%).

It's time to panic, right?
Or, maybe food for thought for some?

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Could you stop your negative nonsense for a couple of days. 

Less than 3000 active cases and 63 death in total. We have more traffic deaths in a day. Only 10% of the available hospital beds used.

The constant BS box has been open too long.

Considering your comments are based on the non-testing of Thais compared to other places like the uk that test something like 780,000 more per million, your comment seems kind of more misled than mine ! Indeed your comments are based on the same figures on worldometer showing how bad Thailand is doing in testing, but your cherry picking the good bits ! 

8 hours ago, welshguy said:

Genuine question.

If   a Thai is tested positive....Must they then go to one of these "hospital beds" ......to be ...isolated? I mean , those who have tested positive, but have no symptoms at all?  Or do they isolate at home...for the isolation period?

I was talking online today, with a Thai friend, They went for a covid test today...said they will get the results in 4-5 days?!!! If they wanted  the result back in 24 hours, it would cost them 3,800 baht?

I very much doubt many many ordinary Thais can afford to pay the 3,800 baht......very tricky times for Thailand ...

I appreciate  it probably costs more , to get a faster test result turnaround...but 4-5 days.........wow thats a long time.....They could possibly infect many other people in that time.....(if they self isolate straight after taking test...as In U.K. etc...then fine   no worries.)  I somehow doubt though, the ordinary Thai can afford to self isolate? No money no food etc?

Hard times ahead, I really hope its not too serious, and they can get on top of it.

Your friend was not ill, showing no symptoms and had not been in contact with a covid carrier presumably. Thus the lack of urgency.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Considering your comments are based on the non-testing of Thais compared to other places like the uk that test something like 780,000 more per million, your comment seems kind of more misled than mine ! Indeed your comments are based on the same figures on worldometer showing how bad Thailand is doing in testing, but your cherry picking the good bits ! 

You keep moaning about testing and don't look at the amount of people actually sick in the hospitals.

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

We have a relative who's in isolation.  And because she tested positive, all those living with her are now in isolation also.  Being looked over by neighbors and volunteers who check on the at least once a day.  They are quite strict about this in the small villages.

Yes they seem to be taking it seriously now as opposed to a few weeks ago, then, in my village not a mask in sight (surin province} but this morning on my daily early morning walk around the lake I saw people even on motorbikes wearing a mask. There has only been one case reported in Surin 50 km from me so fear is spreading faster than covid but it's obviously time for me to take mask wearing, even just in the village, seriously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

So many warnings that Thailand was still vulnerable to outbreaks of covid, but still the Thai people felt that they had "beaten covid" and that they no longer needed to be as cautious.  Even now Thais appear to be very lax.

TVF Virologists sneered at any need for precautions, esp when bars were closed and travel restricted. Farangs are known for being quite lax as well. Don't need no stinkin' masks.

Obviously they missed some of the border jumpers. They have a difficult border to seal. I wouldn't hold up the USA or UK as models for preventing illegals from entering their countries surreptitiously.

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

This is especially frustrating when some Thais continue to treat Westerners as though they have the virus simply by the nature of being Western, when the current outbreak is likely being spread mostly by Thais.

How could the current outbreak not be spread mostly by Thais, nor are Thais especially discriminating against Westerners, so mere paranoia on your part. However, foreigners and Thais entering from foreign countries did fuel the current problem.

11 hours ago, kingdong said:

The thais won,t make a drama out of a crisis.

In two weeks they will say ,they have no more  cases ,as they have done before .

Edited by kevvy