UK travellers ‘will not be blocked’ over mutated Covid-19 strain

snoop1130

42 minutes ago, hydraides said:

The chance of someone Aged 50 and under catching/dying of cov-id is extremely small, they have more risk of dying in a traffic accident

-The NHS is at the same capacity/patients as last years....SO STOP SPREADING LIES. Most people are going into NHS hospital for something else BUT are tested positive for Cov-id19.

-The main problems are arising from the fact nurses have to self isolate if they test positive (staff shortages) etc

maybe it is you who is spreading lies.

the whole problem in the u.k. started because of people like you, who did not want to believe

that the danger is real. as simple as that. the british government did all the possible mistakes.

and if you think that the chance of someone over 50 catching or dying from covid is slim - than

go tell it to boris johnson. he also thought so and he did get it and he did get to intensive care unit !

you say that most people go to NHS because of something else  but the main problem is

that the medical stuff gets infected - than you contradict yourself, because if there is no

covid problem and it is not so deadly, than the nurses has nothing to worry about. so why

wont you go the england and visit all your favorite bars without a mask. show them what a hero u r.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The reality is that in the UK, the number of cases has trebled in just 3 weeks, from 20K to 60K per day.

That's the reason for the lockdown.

Wait and see the outcome of today's current number of infections on hospitals, just wait another 14-28 days.

Bear in mind also, because of advances in the covid treatment, people now spend more time in ICU  than in March, before they either die or recover. 

I think some underestimate the situation, really.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

This is a funny forum. 

The Thais have 61 covid deaths over the course of a year and there are pages upon pages on hundreds of thread by Brits telling the Thai government and the Thai people how badly they are doing. 

Recently more than 61 deaths are being recorded in the UK before breakfast. Every day. 

And the Brits come up with a whole lot of excuses. And advice for others.

The Thais say they are considering banning flights from the UK. It gets turned and twisted into they are “banning” Brits as 50+ other countries have already done. And there is a huge outrage.

The next day the UK government locks down the whole country therefore removing the need for the Thais to ban flights from the UK to stop the spread of the UK mutant strain, but the Brits still continue to harp on about the Thai policy that never was. 

Imagine the harping if only 61 had died in the UK and 75,000 had died in Thailand because the Thais had refused to wear a mask etc. And because of that a new strain had developed and was killing thousands across the globe.

They should have thought twice before that alcohol ban 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlexfromManchester said:

Does anyone know what is classed as legally permissible reasons for travel abroad? The only thing I can see is for work? Do you need to provide evidence at the UK airport? I am going as I am relocating but plan to apply for a work permit when I get over there. I currently only have a single entry tourist visa 

So you intend travelling to Thailand on a tourist visa, I suspect you may well be asked the reason for your trip at the UK point of departure, what will you say, "I'm hoping to find work in Thailand" or "I already of a job, but not the correct visa"?

"You can only travel internationally – or within the UK – where you first have a legally permitted reason to leave home. In addition, you should consider the public health advice in the country you are visiting"
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

1) the Health system is not on the brink of collapse otherwise they would be using the Nightingale hospitals, which they are not. Yes they are busy and 1/3 on average are Covid patients but most areas are still carrying out operations as normal. 

2) “hospitals are full of sick people” .....yes, that’s what they are used for

3) ambulances are still responding to emergencies, 

4) we have just had an update from Boris the Baffoon where he has said he expects the lockdown and things to being to get back to “normal” by Spring. 

So basically stop posting scare mongering lies.  

I did read news that hospitals in the UK are overflowing 40% busier then during the first wave. So its not unreasonable to say there is a big danger right now.

Same in my country right now if the spread goes on hospitals will come in trouble and already they are postponing normal operation. 

So its not as if nothing is happening. I think the UK and the Netherlands should be worried because if hospitals can't cope things will be bad. Its not if you can have ICU bed easy outside hospitals.

This was not a dig at the UK or Netherlands just pointing out that its not true that everything is alight its worse then last time. If its not gotten under control soon then it will be bad.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ewingjm said:

The groups that COVID-19 poses the most risk to should be vaccinated by then - allowing the rest of us to carry on. The young and groups not considered to be at risk likely won't be vaccinated until some time in 2022. However, that won't be an issue given that it's a minor ailment to most.

Ir would be nice to sit down and have a chat with the virus on which way it wants to mutate soon. However it might lie or tell us nothing. ????????