Republican senator says Trump should quit, as momentum for impeachment grows in House

webfact

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

This.

pence is justifiably angry as the president put his family (wife and daughter, who were with him) in jeopardy.

Some of the house members, like boebert who was tweeting the location of the Speaker live, should resign. hawley, cruz, rubio, mo brooks, gohmert should resign as well. I mean if they're really interested in "healing" and "unity"?

Resign, they should be facing prosecution for incitement.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paul Henry said:

Johnmell. It was not the pandemic that caused Trump to lose! The way he handled and lied about the pandemic would have had some negative impact but just add that to the tens of thousands of lies he told, the promises not kept and the hiding he took in the mid terms was already a signal that the majority of Americans had had enough of the golfing commander in chief who could not even run his own business without bankrupting them numerous times. He is sending America down the same path with the massive deficit he has created looking after his own kind and his corporate mates. Good riddance!

Not so sure about that. People tend to credit whatever President is in power when the economy is doing well. And, at least as far as employment goes, it was. Most people really aren't that politically engaged or knowledgeable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Somchai Jackson said:

He should be put in an oragne jump suit, chained, and marched in front of the media for his racist crimes and corruption and sedition. 

I don't think he will see the inside of a jail. 

The republicans are bombed back to the stone age, and if they shake hands with the democrats on this matter, they can kiss their chance goodbye at next election. 

If Pence has any dreams about running for president in 4 years he better play his cards right. 

It's going to be a very interesting month and I can't imagine how it must feel as an American. 

The best thing for all would be if Trump just stepped down and disappeared , but I don't see that happening unless he is promised that he will never be prosecuted. 

9 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Trump should stay until the end, there is no ground for him to go before his term is done on January 20th

leaving now will send the wrong signals to his enemy and the Democrats,

The only thing that would have any impact is the 25th Amendment.  If Pence and cabinet (I don't expect this to happen) were to find that the president was unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office and send it in writing to congressional leaders -- Pence would immediately become President.  If the President were to fight it he would have his chance to regain that by disputing it...  Congress would have up to 21 days to consider it, it would then take a vote of 2/3 of the senate to keep Pence as president (there is 10 days left).   Effectively it would strip President Trump of all his powers for the 10 days immediately... including the power of the pardon (something he is likely to use sweepingly for friends and family)...  Impeachment would only take those away at the end of the process (likely after the end of the President's term).    I would just prefer giving DOJ carte-blanche to pursue any charges they see fit (if they do) without political interference... rather than worrying about impeaching him.

3 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

Trump should stay until the end, there is no ground for him to go before his term is done on January 20th

leaving now will send the wrong signals to his enemy and the Democrats,

Ummmm...he incited a riot that ended with the attack on the Capitol building.  His kids are attacking senators via Twitter, with some vicious BS.  And, he has the nuclear codes and can start a war with a simple command.

Right...no grounds for him to resign...jeez....

What enemy?  Himself?

21 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

don't confeve clever with honourable or brilliant.

trump isn't stupid.  he (with his even clevererer lawyers) has managed to keep out of jail and "winning" in the courts, at least in his business days.

he might not be highly edumacated, he might not be classy, but he has a way of manipulating people, wriggling out of trouble, and getting what he wants.

don't misunderestimate him, especially now that he senses  danger and possibly is beginning to panic.  the final ten days will be when he lashes out and goes for broke.

if he can't win, he's got the potential to bring it all down with him.

be afraid.

As a business man he lost a lot of court cases too, used his mobster lawyer and fathers mobster friends to bully people. His cronies are running away from him now he has become weak. They will rat him out soon. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

As a business man he lost a lot of court cases too, used his mobster lawyer and fathers mobster friends to bully people. His cronies are running away from him now he has become weak. They will rat him out soon. 

Or not.  Hitler's Munich putsch failed in 1924 and he was tried, convicted, and imprisoned.  A few years later he was Chancellor of Germany.  Trump hasn't got many years left, but he has acolytes eager to pick up the banner.

5 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

even the banksters are bailing.

Trump’s Long-Favored Banks Pull Back Amid Fallout From Riot

Two of Donald Trump’s favored banks are pulling away from the billionaire president in the wake of last week’s deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

Deutsche Bank AG has decided to refrain from further business with Trump and his company, said a person with knowledge of the matter, asking not to be identified because the deliberations were confidential. Trump owes the Frankfurt-based lender more than $300 million.

And Signature Bank, the New York lender that’s long catered to his family, said it’s cutting ties while it presses for his resignation. Signature is closing two personal accounts in which Trump held about $5.3 million, a spokesperson for the firm said on Monday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-e2-80-99s-long-favored-banks-pull-back-amid-fallout-from-riot/ar-BB1cFjDy?ocid=uxbndlbing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ummmm...he incited a riot that ended with the attack on the Capitol building.  His kids are attacking senators via Twitter, with some vicious BS.  And, he has the nuclear codes and can start a war with a simple command.

Right...no grounds for him to resign...jeez....

What enemy?  Himself?

you and a few others in this thread are not in a position to come to that kind of conclusions, it's not up to you or your line of thoughts. Let's see how things develop in the next few days. I suspect all those Nancy high horses hysteria will eventually fall flat when it comes to take actions.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

you and a few others in this thread are not in a position to come to that kind of conclusions, it's not up to you or your line of thoughts. Let's see how things develop in the next few days. I suspect all those Nancy high horses hysteria will eventually fall flat when it comes to take actions.

Here is some action for you:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dominion-is-going-after-trump-allies-and-right-wing-media-over-election-conspiracy-theories-experts-say-the-voting-technology-companys-defamation-lawsuits-could-be-devastating-if-they-win/ar-BB1cESBZ?ocid=spartanntp

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Here some words of a Republican:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

You're right!  But congress is in a position to do this.  And they have.  So much for falling flat.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/house-articles-of-impeachment/index.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Here some words of a Republican:

There are actually quite a number of Republicans in politics that do not like Trump, the majority though in public politics are cowards without any moral backbone.   Those in politics that don't like Trump though (except for maybe one in the Senate) have been too willing to sacrifice the country in favor of their own political careers. 

• Like 2

I am a fan of Trump Trump.

Reason the person is authentic andhim move a lot forward. People doing something making mistakes.

The reason why Trump don't win the election was not cheating the election.

he make mistakes before the election and after the election

Bevor the electio  he have to calm a little bit down  more emotionally in a sensitive way due to the situation

And after the election he used the wrong words. always sheeting and Liar press.

if he use the word during all my time the Press was not lying but take the stand against me meaning Reporters and commentators in nearly all TV channels in the world can hear they against Trump.

the Pharma industry release that they found injection today after the voting they like the Democrats Oh wonder if they would release that they found in injection today before the voting Trump would win the election Trump would even win the election wenn there was no covid.

so it was  circumstances why Trump loose the election. and not sheeting. he misinterpretadet.

The biggest mistake at the end was when they run to the Capitol him don't give any commentary or standoff

my  biggest question to all this?????

on this day everybody knows from me to the FBI to the police that's a lot of anger people would have met at the Capitol why on hell is the country with the best security system not able to speed up the security?????

I thinking there are players behind that we don't speak up security let it escalated and we get rid of Trump

With the move to not keep save the capitol. Trump los lot of support and if there would be Voting at the moment him would loose  completely.

And some people of the opposition Trump sitting in the chair smoking a cigar and say thank you how easy it was to get rid of Trump Justin doing nothing

politics,

Trump wals good but not smart enough one month before the election their was some other players with SMARTER moves

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

what a ridiculous performance from the Terminator. What a circus!!!

Yeah it is a circus and has been for four years. 

Now we come to the good part of the show. That's the part where the lions maul their trainers and the elephants crush the people who have been mistreating and exploiting them for years as the audience roars in approval. 

Payback is a bเtch. 

Edited by RocketDog
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, lapamita said:

cant edit last post ( to many errors bygoogle voice writting just correct the text )

I am a fan of Trump Trump.

Reason the person is authentic and him move a lot forward. People doing something making mistakes. thats normal.nobody perfect

The reason why Trump don't win the election was not cheating the election.

he make mistakes before the election and after the election

Bevor the election  he have to calm a little bit down  more emotionally in a sensitive way due to the situation of covid

And after the election he used the wrong words. always sheeting and Liar press.

if he use the word during all my time the Press was not lying but they take the stand against me meaning Reporters and commentators in nearly all TV channels in the world had clear stance  against Trump and was not neutral.as it is the obligation of the press

the Pharma industry release that they found injection just 2 days after the election  they like the Democrats the pharmaindustrie. Oh wonder if they would release that they found in injection  2 day  before the electionTrump would win the election Trump would even win the election if  there was no covid pandemic

so it was  circumstances why Trump loose the election. and not sheeting. he misinterpretadet and get to many  emotion

The biggest mistake at the end, was when they run to the Capitol .him don't give any commentary  in tv or standup in front of this people he get quiet

my  biggest question to all this?????

on this day everybody knows from me to the FBI to the police that's a lot of anger people would have met at the Capitol why on hell is the country with the best security system not able to speed up the security?????

I thinking there are players behind that dont spedd up security let it escalated in the knowlodge what would happen and get  rid of Trump

With the move to not keep save the capitol. ( security was not step up by authoitys)Trump loos lot of support and if there would be election at the moment him would loose  completely.

And some people of the opposition  and relevant authoritys sitting in the chair smoking a cigar and say thank you  trump .we know what was happening and let the mop come to the fapitol  and how easy it was to get rid of Trump Just with doing nothing and let it go,

politics,

Trump was good but not smart enough one month before the election their was some other players with SMARTER moves

biden is smart and friendly.but dont overstimate  !! he is an aal .and many can get negativ surprises at the end. hes not authentic a well established politican who was even advisor in wartimes and supporter and driver of div wars

Hello Q SPRH (Square Peg Round Hole).