TAT: Foreign tourists to arrive from October - 10 million targeted for 2021, total tourism spend 1.2 TRILLION baht!

webfact

6 minutes ago, outsider said:

This, and also the fact that Thailand has lost its veneer, even before CVD19 struck. Also I am sure the less-than-friendly gestures, narratives and undertones towards foreigners (particularly westerners), as well as half-ar$ed and insincere attempts, did not go unnoticed. My guess is, tourism in Thailand was already on a down-cycle, despite the grovelling at China's feet, pre-CVD19. CVD19 just accelerated it.

Of course, it could work in their favour if the day to day stories of tourists being fleeced have become old news. I'd like to see some action taken when the country does re-open to tackle to scams and reset the reputation. The future could be very bright with clean beaches and businesses hungry for customers (plus some ladies in need of cash!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, outsider said:

This, and also the fact that Thailand has lost its veneer, even before CVD19 struck. Also I am sure the less-than-friendly gestures, narratives and undertones towards foreigners (particularly westerners), as well as half-ar$ed and insincere attempts, did not go unnoticed. My guess is, tourism in Thailand was already on a down-cycle, despite the grovelling at China's feet, pre-CVD19. CVD19 just accelerated it.

Apply to your country based unfriendly Thai embassy for a CoE, and on arrival  that will be 300bt per person on the way in ..thank you !!  Exchange has not changed, operators will increase prices to try and recovery their massive losses .. possibly higher airfares, 2 days of your holidays 'lost' travelling  .. Greece, Spain or Thailand ??

• Like 2

He has gone to see the Native Americans, entered the sweat lodge, taken some peyote and been given dreams of grandeur which he understood to be the future instead of the past as the vivid dreams really are.  He did however find his spirit animal, the Cuckoo bird...just saying

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I dont think you can compare the Tsunami to Covid, To start with nobody was stopped from entering Thailand and the place was already busy and it was not a world wide problem

4812 dead and 4499 missing in 1 hour of the tsunami and everyone dug in (excuse the pun) and collectively managed an awful situation.

C-19, 62 dead in 1 year and parts of the country in lockdown, difficult to leave / enter the country and business failures in the thousands?

I’m 99% with the Thai government and world governments in trying to deal with Covid, but 1% of my thoughts on resolving the situation just don’t add up.

I'm still hoping for summer vacation in July to Samui after I got my shots, but I'm not so optimistic, so it's Feb 2022 if summer fails.

It all depends how Thailand will still restrict those people that has been vaccinated. 

If they still do quarantine, tests and apps for vaccinated people, they can kiss their 10 millions goodbye. 

Since it's very likely that vaccinated people can carry the active virus in nose/throat without they get sick , I think most countries has to finish their vaccination programs, before they are comfortable opening up. 

And I'm not so sure Thailand will finish their program at the end of Q3, so 10 millions are a bit much. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Of course, it could work in their favour if the day to day stories of tourists being fleeced have become old news. I'd like to see some action taken when the country does re-open to tackle to scams and reset the reputation. The future could be very bright with clean beaches and businesses hungry for customers (plus some ladies in need of cash!)

wishful thinking

• Like 1