All migrants living in UK eligible for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Big difference, these illegals are adding to the economy.

There are a lot more illegal retirees here than English teachers. Personally, I know 7 who bought their visa from an agent, who bribes immigration officers.

Organised crime is great.  Except sometimes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 7by7 said:

For those claiming asylum. These are not illegal immigrants; unless their claim is refused and they disappear rather than leave.

Four star hotels? Since the first lockdown the government has put asylum seekers into hotels, hostels etc. rather than have them roaming the streets with the public health issues that would entail. They've done the same for homeless brits, too. Due to the demand caused, some of those hotels were four star.

Even without the pandemic, asylum seekers were given accommodation. A flat if they were very lucky, a hostel if not.

They also receive a weekly allowance of £37.75 per week for food, toiletries and clothes. (Source) Could you live on that?

They are going to come anyway; would you rather those who follow the rules and claim asylum be forced onto the streets to beg and/or turn to crime?

can i just ask a polite question have you ever served ..just asking..if you have then you know our armed forces mostly live on camp .. barracks many with families  its good enough for men and women who protect our country ..But apparently Not for immigrants who protest ..burn down these camps because they are not Hotels with all the modern cons ..why should we be angry .. ..sorry seems you have tunnel vision on this issue  no probs forget the answer  no reply required  tks take care    

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

can i just ask a polite question have you ever served ..just asking..if you have then you know our armed forces mostly live on camp .. barracks many with families  its good enough for men and women who protect our country ..But apparently Not for immigrants who protest ..burn down these camps because they are not Hotels with all the modern cons ..why should we be angry .. ..sorry seems you have tunnel vision on this issue  no probs forget the answer  no reply required  tks take care    

My bold

Did you want an or not?  
I have never served in the armed forces.

If their accommodation is not acceptable then that is not acceptable.  I have not heard that the armed forces are complaining about their accommodation.
Detainees should be housed in adequate accommodation.  

SC

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ravip said:

What happened to the Australians in Australia?

What happened to the British in the UK?

Are they all in Thailand?

Could have something to do with the government allowing illegal immigrants to enter in boats, jammed like sardines, then putting them on islands outside Australia while being processed, then the goody two shoes lobbying governments to put them on Australian soil at a cost of $66,000AUS, 1,500,000 per head per annum to house them until they either deport them because they cannot confirm who they are, or accept them into the community in front of millions who have been waiting in line through proper process. 

Won't go into how much they are throwing at other on welfare who are scamming the system, like a certain ethnicity and a lady in particular who had been claiming a disability because she stated she was blind, letter from her same ethnicity doctor, only to be found out 20 years later when she renewed here drivers license.

Apart from the above, I can't understand why they give the jobs to those who you cannot understand over the phone, maybe Thailand has got it right when it comes to PR, i.e. you have to be able to speak Thai fluently, I will give them that.

Not a racist, am a proud <deleted> born in Oz, but <deleted>, talk the talk when in a job that has you dealing with the public.

Best part about living here is I don't have to listen to anyone speak like that, other than Thai, of which I just smile when spoken to, they seem to understand Thai, nit noi, that and I don't pay any tax going to the above, Oztralia went to the dogs a long time ago. 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

They've had a very bad time of it since the first Europeans arrived.

No.

According to the 2011 census, 87% of the UK population were white British (source). There'll be a census this year, it'll be interesting to see by how much that has changed.

Of course, immigrants have been coming to this country for centuries, although the rate from South Asia, the West Indies and sub Saharan Africa increased in the latter half of the 20th Century. Being Asian or black doesn't mean one was not born here and is not British.

Just because your born in a stable it doesnt make you a horse.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Could have something to do with the government allowing illegal immigrants to enter in boats, jammed like sardines, then putting them on islands outside Australia while being processed, then the goody two shoes lobbying governments to put them on Australian soil at a cost of $66,000AUS, 1,500,000 per head per annum to house them until they either deport them because they cannot confirm who they are, or accept them into the community in front of millions who have been waiting in line through proper process. 

Won't go into how much they are throwing at other on welfare who are scamming the system, like a certain ethnicity and a lady in particular who had been claiming a disability because she stated she was blind, letter from her same ethnicity doctor, only to be found out 20 years later when she renewed here drivers license.

Apart from the above, I can't understand why they give the jobs to those who you cannot understand over the phone, maybe Thailand has got it right when it comes to PR, i.e. you have to be able to speak Thai fluently, I will give them that.

Not a racist, am a proud <deleted> born in Oz, but <deleted>, talk the talk when in a job that has you dealing with the public.

Best part about living here is I don't have to listen to anyone speak like that, other than Thai, of which I just smile when spoken to, they seem to understand Thai, nit noi, that and I don't pay any tax going to the above, Oztralia went to the dogs a long time ago. 

"Not a racist, am a proud <deleted> born in Oz, but <deleted>, talk the talk when in a job that has you dealing with the public."

Thanks for pointing that out. Your earlier words, even in this post, had me fooled then.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

My bold

Did you want an or not?  
I have never served in the armed forces.

If their accommodation is not acceptable then that is not acceptable.  I have not heard that the armed forces are complaining about their accommodation.
Detainees should be housed in adequate accommodation.  

SC

didn't say our forces complained said immigrants complained... opposite our accommodation is fine it does the job what i was trying to day if its good enough for our troops ..then these refugees.. sorry  financial visitors.who pass thru several countries to get to where the benefits are the best  shouldn't moan ..eh

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

didn't say our forces complained said immigrants complained... opposite our accommodation is fine it does the job what i was trying to day if its good enough for our troops ..then these refugees.. sorry  financial visitors.who pass thru several countries to get to where the benefits are the best  shouldn't moan ..eh

What benefits?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

yep got no gripes against the way Thailand is strict on immigration... security .. protection of their citizens..UK could learn a lot  UK is a breeding ground for terrorism...we don't have a clue <deleted> is in the country  

You clearly have no idea about what’s going on in Thailand’s food industry, from field/fishing boat/prawn farm right through to this processing, freezing and canning, the whole industry is resting on the foundations of migrant workers, very many without immigration documents and in no position to demand even the most basic of workers rights

The same story is repeated across other sectors of the Thai economy.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 3:21 AM, Neeranam said:

Thank Buddha that Thailand has a stricter immigration policy than the UK. The last time I went to England, I stayed in East London and thought I had mistakenly flown to Bangladesh. 

Always funny when people moan about immigrants in the UK when they themselves are immigrants in Thailand, bit like Somchai saying Oh my Buddha I was in Bangkok yesterday and thought I was in London ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, katana said:

From your BBC link:
Dan O'Mahoney: "...France 'as committed as UK' to stop Channel crossings..." but no mention of stopping the secret 'handover' by UK and FR authorities revealed in Farage's video.
So he's presiding over a system where the French Navy and English Border Force liaise and ferry

them over on boats rather than turn them back and you post that as evidence he's not allowing

them over?

Also from that BBC link: "The Home Affairs Select Committee heard evidence from Dan O'Mahoney, the Home Office's clandestine Channel threat commander, who said France had stopped 3,000 people crossing in 2020."

How did you miss that bit? It's the second paragraph!

As for Farage's little publicity stunt; a highly edited video which doesn't tell the whole story and ignores international maritime law.

21 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

I have not served in the armed forces.

However, I have lived most of my life in an area with a heavy army presence and when I was driving instructor had pupils who were the children of soldiers living in the married quarters. So I do have an idea of what accommodation is available.

I also know that married personnel don't usually live in barracks, if ever.  As I doubt you'll take my word for it, see the categories of housing from the army website.

I am also aware that in many cases the accommodation has been well below the standard expected, Military housing still 'not good enough' despite investment, and that is a national disgrace. Although at least one army wife is satisfied with the various army accommodation she and her family have lived in over the last 10 years: Life in Married Quarters: The Truth.

You say "immigrants" forgetting the difference between immigrant and asylum seeker. Immigrants are not provided with accommodation, asylum seekers are. I can find no examples of asylum seekers "who protest ..burn down these camps because they are not Hotels with all the modern cons." Can you provide any?

I did find two examples of detainees awaiting removal committing arson at an Immigration Detention Centre. Yarl's Wood  in 2002 and Campsfield House in 2014. So even that is hardly a regular occurrence!

I do not have tunnel vision on this issue; I simply check facts rather than believe propaganda.

Edited by 7by7
typo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Just because your born in a stable it doesnt make you a horse.

So how many generations do you want to go back before accepting someone is truly British?

It is certain that anyone who is British has immigrants in their ancestry; even you.

Even the Celts were not the first inhabitants of these islands!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So how many generations do you want to go back before accepting someone is truly British?

It is certain that anyone who is British has immigrants in their ancestry; even you.

I think Cheddar Man was a great+++++ uncle of mine.????

Do you think that will satisfy the naysayers?????????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Yes in fact my dad came over to fight in the world war,after he became more British than the British married a local girl and as it was a Christian country got our mum to bring us up as Christians.

So unlike so many of the new immigrants who bring their ways with them and bring their kids up the same,as do their kids

Still its pointless arguing the point you think your way i think mine. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes in fact my dad came over to fight in the world war,after he became more British than the British married a local girl and as it was a Christian country got our mum to bring us up as Christians.

So unlike so many of the new immigrants who bring their ways with them and bring their kids up the same,as do their kids

A bit tough on all the non Christians who also fought for Britain in both World Wars having to change their religion not to upset your view of how you think things should be.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

So you were born in the UK with an immigrant father?

Yet you consider people in the same situation as not British!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

If they dont integrate and live in enclaves and do bad things then no i dont

History has shown that it takes several generations for immigrant communities to fully integrate into the host country. Partly due to the reluctance of the indigenous population to accept them.

Image result for British Brothers League

British citizens whose family have lived here for many generations do bad things, too!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, stevenl said:

"Not a racist, am a proud <deleted> born in Oz, but <deleted>, talk the talk when in a job that has you dealing with the public."

Thanks for pointing that out. Your earlier words, even in this post, had me fooled then.

Are you insinuating that I am a racist ?

On 2/9/2021 at 4:06 PM, 4MyEgo said:

I find the "Health Impact News: A Beacon of Light Exposing the Truth in the Darkness of Deceit" to be a tad hysterical.  The three Italian deaths were all cardiac related which would seem to explain them.  Italy has administered 2,893,718 doses of the vaccine.   1 cardiac death per million doses of vaccine would not be cause to attribute those deaths to the vaccine, it's not really a pattern.

Even still, the deaths of these young people are very sad, RIP.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2021 at 6:13 PM, bert bloggs said:

I think the big differance between westerners  in holiday towns like you state,is that we tend to marry Thai women and integrate,wheras they marry only other Bangladesh women and try to change the country they live in ,for instance in my old home town what was once an English factory town with a church etc has now become a different land and has so many Mosques and no church .i could go on ,but i know you will just deny 

I don't think I would blame the Muslim population for there being no Christian churches.  I think that is because the number of practicing Christians in most Western countries has really decreased over past decades.  

• Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, gearbox said:

Where do you get "a couple of million" illegals from? The illegals are most likely to be refugees, other foreigners are probably staying legally on some sort of visa.

How many refugees are there in the UK?

According to UNHCR statistics, at the end of 2019 there were  133,094  refugees, 61,968 pending asylum cases  and  161  stateless persons  in the UK. The vast majority of refugees – 4 out of 5 – stay in their region of displacement, and consequently are hosted by  developing countries. Turkey now hosts the highest number of refugees with 3.6  million, followed by Pakistan with 1.4 million.

Do you honestly think that they apprehend and therefore know, the exact No of  illegal immigrants entering the country.

On 2/13/2021 at 4:42 AM, cdemundo said:

I don't think I would blame the Muslim population for there being no Christian churches.  I think that is because the number of practicing Christians in most Western countries has really decreased over past decades.  

In some parts of the UK, particularly London, Christian churches are rapidly increasing. However, I don't think everyone will be pleased with one of the reasons!

African churches boom in London's backstreets – a picture essay