UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

23 hours ago, david555 said:

(It  seems The E.U. go handle Astra Zeneca "with the gloves of " finally ...., all production made in E.U. stay's E.U.  ....(if i understand correct ....)

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1405976/eu-news-vaccine-export-bans-AstraZeneca-Oxford-jab-uk-Netherlands

'Everything has stayed in EU!' Brussels gloats after stopping AstraZeneca jabs going to UK
THE European Commission has boasted about its vaccine export controls 

This is a tabloid, you need to find information from a reliable source. If it is true you'll find it 

Now there are many problems with the AstraZeneca.

• Was not tested on 65+ (now it seems to be OK, as the UK citizens were used as Guinea pigs) 
  • Ineffective against the South African variant that's why they altogether stopped using it there. 

So, problems.. 

Both countries urged to take action to avoid pile-up of unused AstraZeneca vaccine doses 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/02/covid-germany-and-france-under-pressure-to-shift-oxford-vaccine

Now, I still prefer the the AstraZeneca over the Spoutnik and the Sinovac even if the German BioNTECH Pfizer or the US ModeRNA are much more efficient. 

Clearly the EU is doing badly now as western tech cannot deliver some of the 27 are turning to the Chinese and the Russians.. 

On 3/2/2021 at 2:00 PM, vinny41 said:

I am sure the majority of TVF members know the forum search engine is a hit and miss affair you could search through each individual post on the Brexit threads most members on here know that you always want to be proved right so here your chance

They don’t like it when somebody else asks them to find the back up. Remainers and Euros appear to have nothing else to do all day but Googling for stuff to back up their claims. Can’t find the time to search a TVF thread though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Fear over food shortage so a free ride for imports from the EU.  Whatever happened to that 'taking back control of our borders'?

You see how we need the EU, Brexiteers? So desperate for their food we abandon all checks.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/06/food-scarcity-fears-prompt-plan-to-ease-post-brexit-checks-on-eu-imports

BTW, why did the nurses only get a 1% pay rise? Didn't Brexiteers promise 350 million pounds a week for the NHS post Brexit?

No they didn't promise 350 million - even though you still like to think that they deed.

You do understand how pitifully weak it is to bring up historic, false arguments - especially for a situation that you lost a long a time ago.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Loiner said:

They don’t like it when somebody else asks them to find the back up. Remainers and Euros appear to have nothing else to do all day but Googling for stuff to back up their claims. Can’t find the time to search a TVF thread though. 

First @vinny41 says 

On 3/2/2021 at 12:49 PM, vinny41 said:

search function works well

After I posted the results of two searches of the News Forum, neither of which produced anything to support his absurdity, he said

On 3/2/2021 at 1:39 PM, vinny41 said:

I am sure if you search the entire Brexit threads you will find what you seek

To which I replied

On 3/2/2021 at 1:43 PM, 7by7 said:

As I said in the post you quoted, and you'll see if you clicked on the link; I searched the entire World News forum!

Where else do you suggest I search for a Brexit thread?

It was after this that he contradicted his comment that "the search function works well" in the post you quoted.

Of course, even though all the evidence proves him wrong, he still insists that I provide evidence to prove him right!

Just as you do.

To satisfy you, and hopefully put this absurdity to bed at last, I have conducted yet another search of the World News forum and, as before, there is nothing to support the absurdity.

You could always conduct a search yourself, but probably wont.

Why is it that you and certain other Brexiteers always refuse to provide the evidence to back up your claims? Simple; it's because you know that in the vast majority of instances there is none! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

First @vinny41 says 

After I posted the results of two searches of the News Forum, neither of which produced anything to support his absurdity, he said

To which I replied

It was after this that he contradicted his comment that "the search function works well" in the post you quoted.

Of course, even though all the evidence proves him wrong, he still insists that I provide evidence to prove him right!

Just as you do.

To satisfy you, and hopefully put this absurdity to bed at last, I have conducted yet another search of the World News forum and, as before, there is nothing to support the absurdity.

You could always conduct a search yourself, but probably wont.

Why is it that you and certain other Brexiteers always refuse to provide the evidence to back up your claims? Simple; it's because you know that in the vast majority of instances there is none! 

More bluff and bluster then? As always.  “I have conducted yet another search...and there is nothing....”  Pure bluff and absurdity which cannot be proven. 

The only thing you are right about is that I won’t conduct a search myself. I have better things to do with my time. You may have noticed this. I think I mentioned it once. 

5 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

..,one of the primary reasons that I heard over and over again about why they wanted to leave the EU was the free movement that was at the core of the EU.  In other words, one thing that Brexiters had most in common was to end free movement...

It just was not about 'the economy stupid' it was about walling the UK off from non British influences...., because everything about 'Global Britain' was a propoganda campaiign....not because it was the reason for leaving. 

So when you see people put forward things like a union of sorts equivalent to the EU with free movement between commonwealth countries Canada, Australia, NZ and the UK -

True. Ending Freedom Of Movement was a basic policy of Brexit. From whichever side of the globe you post, you would not understand the impacts EU immigration has had on ordinary U.K. folks lives and environment, but you’re free to pontificate about it. 

Not true that “It just was not about ‘the economy stupid’. Actually, it was not just about the economy. Our industries had been ravaged by the EU and the economy was still being stifled by membership. 

Never heard anything about your union. It was not a principal Brexit policy. Was the idea of another FOM just something that Canadians made up?

3 minutes ago, Loiner said:
14 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

But if you do believe them to be "bluff and bluster" you can easily prove such by conducting a search yourself.

I think you already know the answer to that. 

Indeed, which is why I said "We all know the real reason you refuse to do it. Then again, maybe you did and got the same results I did!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

True. Ending Freedom Of Movement was a basic policy of Brexit. From whichever side of the globe you post, you would not understand the impacts EU immigration has had on ordinary U.K. folks lives and environment, but you’re free to pontificate about it. 

You regularly pontificate about it; but never give any examples!

Here is your opportunity; tell us some of the, I assume you mean negative, impacts EU immigration has had on ordinary UK folks lives and the environment.

10 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Not true that “It just was not about ‘the economy stupid’. Actually, it was not just about the economy. Our industries had been ravaged by the EU and the economy was still being stifled by membership. 

Again, do you have any examples of this?

You wont of course, because you can't. So you'll either say nothing or yet again resort to the "I've got better things to do with my time" excuse.

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Never heard anything about your union. It was not a principal Brexit policy. Was the idea of another FOM just something that Canadians made up?

No one has said it was a Brexit policy in any way shape or form. However, the idea of such a union has existed since at least 2015, maybe longer: CANZUK International.

There's a long history of effective FoM between the UK and all Commonwealth countries as well; Freedom of movement didn’t start with the EU - it’s the norm for Britain. Although various immigration and nationality Acts since 1962 have stopped that, there is no reason why those Acts could not be replaced again to make up the labour shortages caused by Brexit. As has happened before. From the New Statesman article

Enoch Powell, health minister from 1960 to 1963 in the Macmillan government, famously invited Pakistani and Bangladeshi doctors and nurses to come to the UK because of a staffing shortage in the NHS. And 18,000 are reported to have come. By 1971, 31 per cent of all doctors in the NHS were born overseas

Plus, of course, there has been full FoM in the Common Travel Area since 1923, and that will continue post Brexit.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Our industries had been ravaged by the EU

Your industry has been ravaged by sovereign decisions made by your governments since Thatcher. The EU did not impose Thatcherism and neo-Thatcher to the UK.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Indeed, which is why I said "We all know the real reason you refuse to do it. Then again, maybe you did and got the same results I did!"

It's because I don't dance for you. Just like you wouldn't search the News Forum.

37 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

You regularly pontificate about it; but never give any examples!

Here is your opportunity; tell us some of the, I assume you mean negative, impacts EU immigration has had on ordinary UK folks lives and the environment.

Again, do you have any examples of this?

You wont of course, because you can't. So you'll either say nothing or yet again resort to the "I've got better things to do with my time" excuse.

No one has said it was a Brexit policy in any way shape or form. However, the idea of such a union has existed since at least 2015, maybe longer: CANZUK International.

There's a long history of effective FoM between the UK and all Commonwealth countries as well; Freedom of movement didn’t start with the EU - it’s the norm for Britain. Although various immigration and nationality Acts since 1962 have stopped that, there is no reason why those Acts could not be replaced again to make up the labour shortages caused by Brexit. As has happened before. From the New Statesman article

Plus, of course, there has been full FoM in the Common Travel Area since 1923, and that will continue post Brexit.

The EU's idea of FOM is very different to the freedom to travel about in the Common Travel Area. I would have thought you knew that, but you are twisting the night away.

22 minutes ago, candide said:

Your industry has been ravaged by sovereign decisions made by your governments since Thatcher. The EU did not impose Thatcherism and neo-Thatcher to the UK.

She didn't attract any UK industries to EU countries with cheap labour and handouts. Subsequent UK PMs all toed the EU line and allowed the ravaging of UK to continue unabated.

31 minutes ago, candide said:

Your industry has been ravaged by sovereign decisions made by your governments since Thatcher.

Criminal...she mortgaged the future, sold off the family silver, destroyed the mining industry.....then bought off the police and the Armed forces with salaries and pensions which future generations would have to fund......

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Loiner said:

She didn't attract any UK industries to EU countries with cheap labour and handouts. Subsequent UK PMs all toed the EU line and allowed the ravaging of UK to continue unabated.

It's peanuts compared to the effect of UK policies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

It's because I don't dance for you. Just like you wouldn't search the News Forum.

As I have already told you, I have searched the News Forum; three times!

Twice at @vinny41's demand, and again this morning at yours.

I posted links to the results of those searches; click on the blue bits!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

The EU's idea of FOM is very different to the freedom to travel about in the Common Travel Area. I would have thought you knew that, but you are twisting the night away.

How are they different to the EU's FoM directive, let alone very different?

If adopted, the CANZUK proposal would allow the freedom to live, study and/or work in each other's country.

The CTA has since 1923 allowed the freedom to live, study and/or work in each other's countries. 

You would know both those facts had you read the provided links (hint: click on the blue bit).

• Like 1